Vape Club
What's new

Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA Build & Review

Bought with my own money hands on review which is based upon my experience and opinions of this RDA (I actually bought 2).

**in this review I will be using the term 'MESH' even though it strictly isn't mesh, it's actually 'mesh styled' perforated sheet but it's easier to follow the flow and call it MESH**

For todays review we have the:
Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA.
RRP = $32.99 but I bought mine from Fast Tech for £17.88:
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9666217
(for those who have never tried Fast Tech - do it! best vape supplier I have used and bargains galore).

Wotofo-Profile-1.jpg

(Extra Mesh & Cotton not included - see links at the bottom of the review)

In this review I will cover:
  • 1 Line Review (For those that can't be arsed to read through)
  • In The Box
  • Building & Wicking
  • First Impressions
  • Lifespan
  • Compared To: Vandy Vape Mesh
  • Conclusion
  • Pros & Cons
  • Useful Links
One Line Review:
Looking for a great Mesh RDA? this is it! 8/10 rating
(read on if you want to know why)

Wotofo is in the box Mr Fox?
  • Profile RDA
  • User Manual
  • Extra 810 Drip Tip
  • Bending Tool
  • Clapton Coil
  • 2 x Mesh Style Coil Sheets
  • 1 x 6mm Agleted Cotton Strip (WTF only 1 when you get 2 x Mesh?!)
  • Extra Orings & Screws
Wotofo-Profile-3.jpg

RDA Size excluding 510 pin: Φ24mm & 32.5mm height including drip tip.

Mesh Style Coil Sheet Specs:
Material: Kanthal A1
Size: 16*6.8mm
Resistance: 0.18ohm (Mine came out at 0.17)
Recommended Wattage: 40-60W

I won't waste your time (and mine) go any further into the tech bumf, if you want more info visit Wofofo's site:
https://www.wotofo.com/products/wotofo-profile-rda#

First impressions and strip-down:

Unboxing this RDA was a pleasure in itself, lots of goodies and an impressive mesh rolling tool, along with all the other goodies, I was very impressed with the contents BUT there was something very irritating, you get 2 mesh sheets but only 1 cotton! - makes no sense at all, the cotton will perish before the coil, daft thing is this would not have bothered me if there was only 1 mesh, but later I kind of understood why there was an extra mesh as the bend is crucial, get it wrong and it's bin food.

Wotofo-Profile-6.jpg

Very simple strip-down: 810 matchy matchy drip tip (clear one supplied in extras), top airflow control cap, main sleeve/body with plenty of air holes and then the best part - the build deck which features the main reason why this RDA is a winner: a spring loaded bottom piece which always keeps pressure on your wick to contact the mesh to avoid cotton sag - a HUGE pro for that alone.

Build & Wicking

The first thing you need to do is preform the mesh with the provided bending aid tool, **IMPORTANT** you need to get this right, it needs to be bent around the tool true and square, which is a case of gently rolling it around the rod, if you bend it at an angle or try to manipulate it you are likely to kink it which will very likely lead to a hot spot and a dry hit from hell!!!
**This is why they provide a 2nd mesh so you get a 2nd chance**
That said it's very easy to do, just be aware it needs to be square (hey that rhymes!).

Wotofo-Profile-7.jpg

This tool can also be used for normal 3mm dia coils such as the included N80 one.

Next step is to pop the mesh into the build deck, this is done by loosening the 2 screws (1 either side) and slip the mesh in between the clamps, visually check it's all nice and square before screwing it secure, I placed mine all the way to the bottom which helped keep it square, once you've tightened the screws it's ready to wick, you don't need to dry burn it but it's fun to do so! drop your wattage right down to say 10 watts, press the fire but and be in awe of the speed this thing glows :)

Now you are ready to wick, I suggest you power off your mod - safety first and this mesh will brand you like a cow!
The wick is proper massive, you wonder if it will actually fit,carefully push the shoelace end in then pull the cotton through whilst pushing down so the sprung base allows you more room, it's a case of wiggle it through about half way.

Wotofo-Profile-8.jpg

Once it's through you need to trim it like a Poodle, there's tons of cotton to trim off, this was my first effort which worked well for me, you need to pop the ends into the (shallow) juice well.

Wotofo-Profile-Wicked.jpg

Now you are ready to juice up that massive wick! - this seriously takes a lot of juice to prime, took around 2-3ml of juice but it's important to saturate it fully, I placed the body on to prevent spilling over the sides.

Wotofo-Profile-Juiced.jpg

All that's left is pop the body on which has location tabs to ensure it's placed correctly, insert the top airflow control cap and drip tip (notice the positions of the airflow levels, start fully open and adjust to suit your tastes)

All done! ready to take it for a test spin.

First Impressions.

If you have ever been unfortunate enough to have had a dry hit from mesh coils you can understand how nervous I was when I took it for a vape, I started at the lower end of 40 watts and it worked a charm, the first few hits will naturally be over saturated but settles down, still nervous I edged up the wattage to my preferences and found my sweet spot at the top end of 60 watts, I was paranoid about dry hitting so squonked every 3 hits, later as I came to trust it I get around 6 hits before it needs a brief squonk, once my nerves had settled and found my sweet flavour spot I proceeded to vape away and LOVED the flavour I was getting.

I found it very easy to squonk, you can see the mesh through the drip tip, simply squonk gently and hold until you see the mesh get wet, that's all there is to it and I found it very difficult to oversquonk using this method, fine tune the airflow to suit, this is where my first niggle came in, it's VERY difficult to see the airflow adjustment, I ended up popping the airflow cap off and placing it accordingly (and still do), I also bought a Gold version expecting it to be more visible, I was wrong - no biggie I found half closed gave the smoothest vape so never need to adjust.

My next niggle came from the short 810 drip tip, your lips actually end up touching the top cap and can get hot, I did try a longer drip tip but it wasn't as good.

Longevity (coil and wick lifespan).

This is without a doubt the biggest surprise from this RDA, it lasts soooooo long, I am still on my first build, I originally used it exclusively for the first week, I got through around 100ml of juice and the coil / wick looked the same as day one, 3 weeks on and it's still going strong, no loss of flavour, wick is still full and white, I had to rebuild my new Gold version to see if my first build was a fluke but thankfully all is good with that one too.

Nothing I have tried has lasted as long as this, I have totally lost count how many refills it's had.

Compared To.

I have only 1 mesh styled RDA I can compare this to, that is the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA and the Profile beats it by a country mile, the VV Mesh suffers from cotton sag quite quickly and I had some horrific moments with it, it even caught fire so flames came out of the drip tip!

I like to think of myself competent when it comes to building and wicking, I had the mesh formed perfectly using a rod I had which was the ideal diameter but it was the wicking that caused the grief, I tried 5 or 6 variations determined to crack it, I even tried the Wotofo cotton which was the most successful, lasted the night but sagged overnight and dry hit hell was back, I have given up on the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA, thankfully Wotofo got there's spot on - winner is........... naturally the Wotofo.

Conclusion.

Wotofo-Profile-5.jpg

It's not without it's faults but it's positives far outweigh them, I have this RDA in permanent use and still taken aback how long a build lasts, I bought a load of spare cotton and Mesh for it which looks like it's going to last me a long long time, there's a few improvement competitors could improve on such as airflow control and drip tip but Wotofo have done a hell of a good job and I have full confidence it's not going to give me that dreaded dry hit without warning.

Cheap to run with coil and wick lifespan but expensive on the juice, this RDA really drinks it up but then that's a typical trait of mesh be it in an RDA or a stock coil tank.

Would I replace it if I lost it? already answered, I ordered a 2nd one after 2 weeks of using, I rate this RDA very highly and would go as far as to say it's one of the best RDA's I've ever bought if not thee best.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Spring tension wicking support.
Easy to build (though with caution).
Full intense flavour production.
Insane lifespan of coil and wick.
Generous box contents.
Also takes traditional RDA wrapped coils.
Included mesh forming tool rod.
Great looking matching 510 drip tip.
Easy view of coil when squonking.
Cheap consumables (see links).
Mesh & Squonking - the perfect marriage (in my opinion)

Cons:
Unforgiving if you don't take care forming the mesh.
High juice consumption.
Short drip tip.
Airflow control is difficult to see and set.

Well that's about it, here's a few helpful links:

Wotofo's official Profile page with some great details:
Fast Tech's links to the Profile and consumables:
Profile RDA various colour options.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-wotofo-profile-rda-rebuildable-dripping
Cotton - MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 6MM! I almost accidentally ordered the 3mm
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9668164
Mesh styled coil pack.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9668165

I hope you found my hands on review and build guide helpful, comments, corrections and likes appreciated :)

Attachments

• Wotofo-Profile-2.jpg
    Wotofo-Profile-2.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Wotofo-Profile-4.jpg
    Wotofo-Profile-4.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Vape Superstore
Bought with my own money hands on review which is based upon my experience and opinions of this RDA (I actually bought 2).

**in this review I will be using the term 'MESH' even though it strictly isn't mesh, it's actually 'mesh styled' perforated sheet but it's easier to follow the flow and call it MESH**

For todays review we have the:
Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA.
RRP = $32.99 but I bought mine from Fast Tech for £17.88:
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9666217
(for those who have never tried Fast Tech - do it! best vape supplier I have used and bargains galore).

View attachment 180263
(Extra Mesh & Cotton not included - see links at the bottom of the review)

In this review I will cover:
  • 1 Line Review (For those that can't be arsed to read through)
  • In The Box
  • Building & Wicking
  • First Impressions
  • Lifespan
  • Compared To: Vandy Vape Mesh
  • Conclusion
  • Pros & Cons
  • Useful Links
One Line Review:
Looking for a great Mesh RDA? this is it! 8/10 rating
(read on if you want to know why)

Wotofo is in the box Mr Fox?
  • Profile RDA
  • User Manual
  • Extra 810 Drip Tip
  • Bending Tool
  • Clapton Coil
  • 2 x Mesh Style Coil Sheets
  • 1 x 6mm Agleted Cotton Strip (WTF only 1 when you get 2 x Mesh?!)
  • Extra Orings & Screws
View attachment 180265

RDA Size excluding 510 pin: Φ24mm & 32.5mm height including drip tip.

Mesh Style Coil Sheet Specs:
Material: Kanthal A1
Size: 16*6.8mm
Resistance: 0.18ohm (Mine came out at 0.17)
Recommended Wattage: 40-60W

I won't waste your time (and mine) go any further into the tech bumf, if you want more info visit Wofofo's site:

First impressions and strip-down:

Unboxing this RDA was a pleasure in itself, lots of goodies and an impressive mesh rolling tool, along with all the other goodies, I was very impressed with the contents BUT there was something very irritating, you get 2 mesh sheets but only 1 cotton! - makes no sense at all, the cotton will perish before the coil, daft thing is this would not have bothered me if there was only 1 mesh, but later I kind of understood why there was an extra mesh as the bend is crucial, get it wrong and it's bin food.

View attachment 180268

Very simple strip-down: 810 matchy matchy drip tip (clear one supplied in extras), top airflow control cap, main sleeve/body with plenty of air holes and then the best part - the build deck which features the main reason why this RDA is a winner: a spring loaded bottom piece which always keeps pressure on your wick to contact the mesh to avoid cotton sag - a HUGE pro for that alone.

Build & Wicking

The first thing you need to do is preform the mesh with the provided bending aid tool, **IMPORTANT** you need to get this right, it needs to be bent around the tool true and square, which is a case of gently rolling it around the rod, if you bend it at an angle or try to manipulate it you are likely to kink it which will very likely lead to a hot spot and a dry hit from hell!!!
**This is why they provide a 2nd mesh so you get a 2nd chance**
That said it's very easy to do, just be aware it needs to be square (hey that rhymes!).

View attachment 180269

This tool can also be used for normal 3mm dia coils such as the included N80 one.

Next step is to pop the mesh into the build deck, this is done by loosening the 2 screws (1 either side) and slip the mesh in between the clamps, visually check it's all nice and square before screwing it secure, I placed mine all the way to the bottom which helped keep it square, once you've tightened the screws it's ready to wick, you don't need to dry burn it but it's fun to do so! drop your wattage right down to say 10 watts, press the fire but and be in awe of the speed this thing glows :)

Now you are ready to wick, I suggest you power off your mod - safety first and this mesh will brand you like a cow!
The wick is proper massive, you wonder if it will actually fit,carefully push the shoelace end in then pull the cotton through whilst pushing down so the sprung base allows you more room, it's a case of wiggle it through about half way.

View attachment 180270

Once it's through you need to trim it like a Poodle, there's tons of cotton to trim off, this was my first effort which worked well for me, you need to pop the ends into the (shallow) juice well.

View attachment 180272

Now you are ready to juice up that massive wick! - this seriously takes a lot of juice to prime, took around 2-3ml of juice but it's important to saturate it fully, I placed the body on to prevent spilling over the sides.

View attachment 180271

All that's left is pop the body on which has location tabs to ensure it's placed correctly, insert the top airflow control cap and drip tip (notice the positions of the airflow levels, start fully open and adjust to suit your tastes)

All done! ready to take it for a test spin.

First Impressions.

If you have ever been unfortunate enough to have had a dry hit from mesh coils you can understand how nervous I was when I took it for a vape, I started at the lower end of 40 watts and it worked a charm, the first few hits will naturally be over saturated but settles down, still nervous I edged up the wattage to my preferences and found my sweet spot at the top end of 60 watts, I was paranoid about dry hitting so squonked every 3 hits, later as I came to trust it I get around 6 hits before it needs a brief squonk, once my nerves had settled and found my sweet flavour spot I proceeded to vape away and LOVED the flavour I was getting.

I found it very easy to squonk, you can see the mesh through the drip tip, simply squonk gently and hold until you see the mesh get wet, that's all there is to it and I found it very difficult to oversquonk using this method, fine tune the airflow to suit, this is where my first niggle came in, it's VERY difficult to see the airflow adjustment, I ended up popping the airflow cap off and placing it accordingly (and still do), I also bought a Gold version expecting it to be more visible, I was wrong - no biggie I found half closed gave the smoothest vape so never need to adjust.

My next niggle came from the short 810 drip tip, your lips actually end up touching the top cap and can get hot, I did try a longer drip tip but it wasn't as good.

Longevity (coil and wick lifespan).

This is without a doubt the biggest surprise from this RDA, it lasts soooooo long, I am still on my first build, I originally used it exclusively for the first week, I got through around 100ml of juice and the coil / wick looked the same as day one, 3 weeks on and it's still going strong, no loss of flavour, wick is still full and white, I had to rebuild my new Gold version to see if my first build was a fluke but thankfully all is good with that one too.

Nothing I have tried has lasted as long as this, I have totally lost count how many refills it's had.

Compared To.

I have only 1 mesh styled RDA I can compare this to, that is the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA and the Profile beats it by a country mile, the VV Mesh suffers from cotton sag quite quickly and I had some horrific moments with it, it even caught fire so flames came out of the drip tip!

I like to think of myself competent when it comes to building and wicking, I had the mesh formed perfectly using a rod I had which was the ideal diameter but it was the wicking that caused the grief, I tried 5 or 6 variations determined to crack it, I even tried the Wotofo cotton which was the most successful, lasted the night but sagged overnight and dry hit hell was back, I have given up on the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA, thankfully Wotofo got there's spot on - winner is........... naturally the Wotofo.

Conclusion.

View attachment 180267

It's not without it's faults but it's positives far outweigh them, I have this RDA in permanent use and still taken aback how long a build lasts, I bought a load of spare cotton and Mesh for it which looks like it's going to last me a long long time, there's a few improvement competitors could improve on such as airflow control and drip tip but Wotofo have done a hell of a good job and I have full confidence it's not going to give me that dreaded dry hit without warning.

Cheap to run with coil and wick lifespan but expensive on the juice, this RDA really drinks it up but then that's a typical trait of mesh be it in an RDA or a stock coil tank.

Would I replace it if I lost it? already answered, I ordered a 2nd one after 2 weeks of using, I rate this RDA very highly and would go as far as to say it's one of the best RDA's I've ever bought if not thee best.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
Spring tension wicking support.
Easy to build (though with caution).
Full intense flavour production.
Insane lifespan of coil and wick.
Generous box contents.
Also takes traditional RDA wrapped coils.
Included mesh forming tool rod.
Great looking matching 510 drip tip.
Easy view of coil when squonking.
Cheap consumables (see links).
Mesh & Squonking - the perfect marriage (in my opinion)

Cons:
Unforgiving if you don't take care forming the mesh.
High juice consumption.
Short drip tip.
Airflow control is difficult to see and set.

Well that's about it, here's a few helpful links:

Wotofo's official Profile page with some great details:
Fast Tech's links to the Profile and consumables:
Profile RDA various colour options.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...entic-wotofo-profile-rda-rebuildable-dripping
Cotton - MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 6MM! I almost accidentally ordered the 3mm
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9668164
Mesh styled coil pack.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9668165

I hope you found my hands on review and build guide helpful, comments, corrections and likes appreciated :)
Great review that and just got one so will be using this as a guide, 1 thing I would say about the review is the yellow text very difficult to see, might want to consider a different colour but other than that it's very in-depth and helpful with the photos, how you finding the nikola as a mod was tempted but was more swayed towards the topside but might give it a go as they can be had for £26 on aliexpress

Vape Green
Thanks for the feedback, I will change the text colour now, I'm viewing on a 55" screen so not an issue for me lol.

Nikola for £26 is a no brainer, actually got my 2 profiles on 2 Nikola's.

I've only had them a few months but no issues with them at all, the battery life is superb, I reviewed it also:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ikola-niagara-squonk-dual-battery-mod.164655/
Yes i actually read that review and @pixelhazard review and was tempted to get one from both reviews, tbh for £26 it is a no brainer, I'll probably get one anyway, yeah the yellow is very hard to see on a mobile on a white background both reviews very good just re read the niagara one again

The Electronic Cigarette Company
AcmeFog
Yes a long lifespan with all types of juices, but especially with fruit from Lee @Primevape and Manabush Firewater No 2.

Nice review, and very informative. i already have one on the way so glad to hear you were fairly impressed with it.

Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom