What's new

vandy vape iconic rda/bf rda

eyeball kid

Legend
The following review represents my thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.
The vandy vape iconic was supplied by the ever lovely Cortana from @Healthcabin
WP_20190430_11_17_38_Pro.jpg

Okay. Today we have the Iconic rda from vandy vape.
Why Now eyeball. It's been out a while.
Well again the lovely folk at health cabin let me run amok in their catalogue and I see a lot of vape gear that's somehow slipped under the radar at fantastic prices so I know you have plenty of good honest solid reviewer's here handling the exciting new arrivals so I like to see what's slipped through the cracks.

The vandy vape iconic is a 24mm dual coil rda with a 810 size drip tip and both bottom and side airflow that's huge, This bad boy is all about the cloud.... Possibly.

WP_20190430_11_28_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20190430_11_19_08_Pro.jpg

You get the Iconic Rda complete with matching resin swirl drip tip. Two spare short drip tips (both knurled 810's in black and clear to help match your mods). You get a bf 510 pin for squonk use plus spare screws, o rings and springs (more on those shortly).
All packed in the usual attractive vandy vape clam shell display box.

WP_20190430_11_38_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20190430_11_38_13_Pro.jpg

When I saw this at healthcabin I was excited by the design elements. It looked like the top cap was similar to the excellent pulse rda but with an extra side airflow slot.
The deck looked very similar to grim greens recoil rda. So best of both.
When it arrived I won't lie, I was disappointed the top and bottom airflow couldn't be shut off independently but the results have been surprisingly good.
Let me explain. The deck is a clamp system that is spring loaded to help the clamp slots stay open while you fit your coil leads. This works well.
The posts have dual height clamps in each side to accept the coil legs naturally. I fitted a pair of flat nichrome aliens coming in at 0.18 and zero issues fitting them.
Airflow comes up through two angled pipes from the deck on each side. A little like the Kennedy. Then you have a wide slot in the top cap that allows airflow in from the side simultaneously so you get both cloud and flavour.
You can shut the airflow down to one hole and half of the top cap slot per coil which I did with the above build.
The 24mm deck had plenty of room for cotton and squonked well.
Using as a pure dropper does mean dripping down the centre and letting the clamps disperse the juice.
This thing craves power. Even half closed I had to run the above build at 130w to get a warm (not hot!) Vape, that said it was as cloudy as any cloud chasing dripper I've ever tried but with far more flavour.
The vape was dense and flavourfull for sure but you need a dual cell mod minimum to drive this as it's designed. Wide open you may be hitting two hundred watts.
vandy-vape-iconic-rda.jpg

I rarely go big but I really enjoyed vaping this and its available from @Healthcabin for about £8 for a genuine big cloud rda. Go on, have some fun.

https://www.healthcabin.net/clearance/vandyvape-iconic-rda-p/17000.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom