What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

It has dropped! The new Recurve DUAL RDA from WOTOFO!

Mr.Motivapr

Achiever
Afternoon Apes,

Just finished another review which I wanted to share with you all.

The Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA from WOTOFO:
https://ashvapes.home.blog/2019/05/24/wotofo-recurve-dual-rda-review/

It is easier to read on my blog as is better formatted, but in case you cant be arsed to click the link and read it there, I made a copy and paste below:

--------------------------------------

WOTOFO Recurve Dual RDA Review

recurve.png

Big shout out to WOTOFO for sending me the new Recurve Dual RDA for review.

Wotofo Recurve Dual RDA 24mm is a level-up project between Wotofo and Mike Vapes following the popular Recurve RDA.

Was looking forward to this one as the original Recurve was absolutely top notch.

img_20190524_121521.jpg

This has a unique deck design, easy to build on, and a small single piece top cap for maximum flavour.

Inside the box:

img_20190524_122013.jpg

• Recurve Dual 24mm RDA
  • Optional Curved Drip Tip
  • 2 x 0.26ohm Quad Core Fused Claptopn Coils
  • Screwdriver
  • Allen Key
  • Coil cutting measuring tool
  • 2 x WOTOFO Cotton, 0.3 x 60mm
  • Instruction Manual
  • Spares baggy with various O Rings, screws and squonk pin
Here is the deck:

img_20190524_121844.jpg

img_20190524_121851.jpg

Side airflow which delivers great flavour and makes it almost leak proof, my favourite RDA style.

I used the fused claptons which came in the box, and used the tool to cut to 7mm as advised, and they were very easy to install:

img_20190524_122909.jpg

Once the coils were nice and solid, I pulsed them and they were perfect off the bat, no need to tweak them.

Next I tried the new WOTOFO wicks, which have shoelace style ends to make them easier to thread.

img_20190524_123105.jpg

These are perfect!

Then I trimmed them down, and you can get away with a lot of cotton in this RDA as there is plenty of room for wicking.

img_20190524_123307.jpg

img_20190524_123353.jpg

Loaded it up with Red Envy from Chefs Flavour which is a menthol fruit vape and its ready to rock and roll!

img_20190524_123529.jpg

I was sent the petrol / heat treatment design, with a nice 810 resin drip tip, and it looks great.

How does it perform, better than anything else I currently have, and I have a lot.

Plenty of vapour as with any RDA and the flavour is very concentrated and dense, and I am picking up notes in here that I could not get with my old Kennedy 25 dual post.

In terms of pricing, I did a quick search here in the UK and found it for £26.99 at Ecigone, https://www.ecigone.co.uk/wotofo-recurve-dual-rda

Price is very reasonable, considering it comes with wick, coil leg tool and a squonk pin!

The only potential con with this device is that it can only be used in dual coil mode, although not sure what else you would expect with a name like the Recurve Dual!

I usually judge hardware by asking myself if I would replace it if I lost it, this is the easiest “YES!” of 2019.

Ash Vapes Score, 9/10

No reason you can't put a single coil in, can be used for single or dual. Need to be a 4mm+ but easily doable.

No reason you can't put a single coil in, can be used for single or dual. Need to be a 4mm+ but easily doable.

For single coils I like to be able to shut down one side of the airflow, which isn't possible with this device with the top cap design being all one piece.

I always find having 2 sides open and a single coil in the RDA makes it too airy and also reduces flavour significantly, each to their own I guess :)

Maybe I just need to experiment with some beefier coils lol.

Thanks for reading it anyway, greatly appreciated!

Didn't say it was to everybody's taste, just the comment about it being dual coil only isn't quite right. Not like you can't reduce airflow. Good review anyway. [emoji106]

Didn't say it was to everybody's taste, just the comment about it being dual coil only isn't quite right. Not like you can't reduce airflow. Good review anyway. [emoji106]

Its a very valid point, and never thought of adjusting the airflow by using a much larger diameter coil, will experiment!

Thanks for the positive words in terms of the review, and I have changed the wording based on your point above so thanks for your input :D

It now reads:

The only potential con with this device is that it is slightly limited in terms of airflow adjustment. It is a single top cap piece, so the airflow has to be the same on both sides, it is not possible to close down the airflow on one side and keep the other side open.

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to be picky. Couple of atties I had worked well with single especially if you're not after toasting the tonsils [emoji16]

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to be picky. Couple of atties I had worked well with single especially if you're not after toasting the tonsils [emoji16]

No need to apologize, I am really glad you piped up and shows you read it too ;)

Going to try one with a fat single coil, the recurve dual has a small chamber so it might just work!

Great review is the air flow better?
On the duel as did not like the single coil one much due to the air flow being restricted........

Great review is the air flow better?
On the duel as did not like the single coil one much due to the air flow being restricted........
Thanks for the kind words mate. In terms of airflow I like a slightly restricted lung hit and its perfect for me, similar to the draw on a Kennedy.

Back
Top Bottom