What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VooPoo Drag X Pro

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have a kit from Voopoo The Drag X Pro. This was very kindly sent to me from Healthcabin.

20210928_120300.jpg

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Healthcabin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

Voopoo have made a name for themselves in the vaping market with there Drag and Argus range, paired along with there TPP X pod and coils which are widely available and upgraded from the PNP range. This kit is an upgraded version of the original Drag X, so let's get into the review and see what features voopoo have added.

This kit comes in a variety of colours they are :
Gobi Grey | Mystic Red | Sapphire Blue | Garda Blue | Classic Black | Sahara Brown

I recieved the Garda Blue version for my review:
en0i3Es7-VoopooDragXProKit_9.jpg

Whats in the box....

• 1 x Drag X Pro Device

• 1 x TPP-X Pod Tank (5.5ml – 2ml TPD)

• 1 x DM2 Coil – 0.2Ω

• 1 x DM3 Coil – 0.15Ω

• 1 x USB-C Cable

• 1 x 18650 Adaptor

• 1 x User Manual

20210928_120517.jpg

Specs...

• Size: 134.5 x 28.8 x 34.5mm

• Battery: Single 21700/18650

• E-Liquid Capacity: 5.5ml (TPD Version 2.0ml)

• Output Wattage: 5-100w

• Airflow – Airflow Adjustment Ring

• Charging: Via USB-C Port

• Auto-Draw System

The mod...

The mod is an easy to use and comfortable to hold tube type mod, it runs from a single 21700 or 18650 with the adaptor included and can fire up to 100W using RBA mode.

This kit features the newly updated Gene 3 chip which has been improved to increase the voltage and give it a boost to stop the underpower of previous devices, this can be achieved by using boost mode. But the main difference for this device is the fact that like a small pod device. It can be used as either button fire or auto fire. Both ways work perfectly with no issues however I do feel the autofire is a little underpowered compared to the button fire but this may simply be down to ramp up time when using the button you can press it a couple of seconds before vaping.

The device offers 2amp type C Charging and this can be found on the front of the device. As always I reccomended using a external battery charger but incase of emergencies or firmware upgrade you have this available.

16344917857226502668236880646572.jpg

At the top of the device where the tank pod will sit you have a airflow ring this is 2 cyclops holes which have no stoppers but is a great addition to the kit as it really means you can dial in what type of vape you like, it goes from a airy DL to a decent RDL vape.

16344918564073876703484649262262.jpg

Moving to the back of the device you have the usual massive branding from Voopoo etched into a leather pad, it makes it comfortable to hold but still in my opinion the branding can be abit in your face.

20210928_121747.jpg

The battery door is held in by an easy clip I've had no problems with this coming open or being hard to close. Voopoo have put little rubber feet to the bottom of the device meaning it is sturdy when stood up which is a nice touch.

20210928_121740.jpg

This device is fairly simple to use and here's a easy guide:

• Device On/Off – 5 Clicks Fire Button

• Lock/Unlock Device – Press & Hold Fire and Up Button

• Puff Reset – Press & Hold Fire & Down Button

• Change between Smart Mode & RBA – 3 Clicks Fire Button

In the menu system you can chose between manually turning the device off or using the switch on the front of the device, this switch can be changed in the simple menu screen to be used as a on off button or a lock button. If used as a on/off you will click the fire button 3 times to lock the wattage in. Press and hold in the up and down button to enter the menu system.

20210928_121930.jpg

The tank...

The tank used with this kit is the updated TTP X tank it still makes use of the original TTP coils which is always nice if people have lots spare but like the new design of the tank.

It's got a removable 810 drip tip but the one provided is comfortable. The tpd version will be 2ml but non tpd holds a nice 5.5ml, although this tank does drink elqiuid very quickly.

16344920969308473910815961469985.jpg

Now the filling port on this tank is something I haven't seen before and I quite like it compared to the usual rubber bung on the bottom of a tank. This has a nice push button which when pushed in, allows you to spin the top of the tank which reveals a rubber bung and filling hole. This has stopped any leaking or issues with the filling port being in contact with the connectors. It works well I've found holding the tank at a slight angle makes it easier when filling, this helps not create air bubbles and therefore spilling out.

16344921711417378172662258212008.jpgpush button
20210928_120740.jpgfilling port

The coils....

There's 2 coils Included in the kit both cater to DL vapers but with the airflow adjustment you can get a great RDL vape.

I Started with 0.2ohm coil:

Recommended between 40-60 watts but best at 50-55 watts.
This has great flavour from around 45W and that continues all the way until 60W I found my sweet spot at 48-52W with the airflow a quarter closed it gives a nice restricted warm vape with plenty of clouds I found this coil to last a very long time I was still getting great flavour 1000 puffs in.

I changed it out for the 0.15ohm coil:

Reccomended between 85 and 95 watts but rated between 80 and 100 watts.

These wattages for me are quite high I normally go to around 60 but my word what a great flavour coil this is even at 60W it's producing great flavour. With the airflow fully open up to 90W it's a airy flavour vape with plenty of clouds.

I've been very impressed with the longevity and flavour of these coils due to the way I vape I slightly favour the 0.2ohm coil.

Pros and Niggles..

Pros..

• Great flavour
• Long coil life
• Good build quality
• Airflow adjustment
• Good filling method
• Easy to use
• Comfortable In hand
• Decent battery door and rubber feet

Niggles..

• Drinks eliquid
• Battery life poor with 18650 due to coil wattages
• Auto fire can feel little underpowered to start
• Branding abit in your face

Overall thoughts...

Overall I've been really impressed with this bit of kit, the flavour on the coils is brilliant and they have a great coil life even with sweeter juices and higher wattages which I think is great. I like the addition of the switch which you can use either as a on/off switch or a lock and unlock. Although 5 clicks on and off is very simple just flicking that button across makes it seem like a game changer. The battery door is sturdy and easy to open and close and I like the fact they've put rubber pads on the bottom to give it grip when standing up. When using this mod with an 18650 it will drain the batteries quickly so make sure you have more than one with you or use a 21700 and also it drinks eliquid very quickly even with the large capacity tank so be prepared to keep refilling.

Scores on the doors...

Flavour- 8.5/10
Vapour production- 8/10
Build quality- 8/10
Ease of use- 8/10

As always a massive thank you to sue at Healthcabin for sending me this over for review its very much appriciated.

HealthCabin is also one of the biggest vape wholesale distributors in China, if you're a vape business owner, just contact them to get competitive wholesale price.

Thanks for reading my review
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great write up Sam, seems a nice bit of kit, maybe a bit on the high wattage side for my requirements though.

Nice review @Sam Andrews, remarkable how useful a switch can be isn't it? The filling port on my 'S' is a bit overly engineered for my tastes though.

Nice review @Sam Andrews, remarkable how useful a switch can be isn't it? The filling port on my 'S' is a bit overly engineered for my tastes though.
Yeah seems like such a silly thing but it's a massive difference and so much better I'm my opinion mate thank you as always

Nice review Sam. Reckon the 0.2 coil would be good for me and I like that it's a 21700 so you can get a bit more life at the higher wattages as well.

Got this from @Sam Andrews and just managed to have a go of it these past couple of days.

I bought a variety of coils and have tried them all out to see what I liked. The 0.3 is perfect for me. Nice at low wattage, 30-35 was perfect for me and good flavour without the billowing clouds of the others. The 0.2 was nice as well with my 70/30 3mg juice and the 0.15 had cracking flavour at high wattage and chucked the clouds out well.

It's a good kit. I'm not always keen on these pod kits that don't have a 510 but the coils are good and I will use it quite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom