What's new

Voopoo Drag S - Review by DeeDee

Great review mate :) I've been chewing over this for a couple of days now, reading this review the leaky coils kinda puts me off :( its a shame as its such a smart looking piece of kit.

Thanks for the review :D

I’m not sure if it’s the leaky coils on this but more the pod leaving ejuice droplets on the metallic pod holder and the airflow is there too. I keep wiping mine each time I do a refill and 90% sure it is that rather than a leak from the pod although I may be wrong.

I thought I’d come back to give you some more thoughts on the pnp pod. I’ve been using the pod for a couple of weeks now, after my first week my own mod decided to break so I went an ordered a full Argus Kit so now I have 2 of the pod holders and I also got 2 extra 4.5ml pods to use as the 2ml are just irritating as they need refilling too often.

With the 4.5ml pod and 0.13 coil I must say I am quite impressed. I’ve worked my way down to between 45-50w which is well within the 80w suggested highest range. Coils are lasting about 6-7 days which is quite decent I suppose and have closed the airflow down to about 3/4 open which is giving a decent flavour and cloud of you like that kind of thing.

I really like the Argus mod too. Really light and easy to use along with a smart design. Have seen some reviews mentioning the sub par paintwork but so far I haven’t scratched mine but it’s just a matter of time. One good feature I’ve enjoyed is the mod won’t let you instantly fire if you haven’t been using for a few minutes, which is handy to prevent it firing in your pocket.

I have seen there is a new Drag Max coming out with from what I see is to be used exclusively with pnp pods and has a built in airflow adjuster and also comes with a RTA option which I like the look of. I have seen you can buy the RTA on its own so I may well get one of them to use with my current device but £10 for a months worth of Pnp coils seems good value but nice to have the option. I have seen you can get rebuildable coils too which is another option.

Having a couple of pods set up with different coils and or juices is fun and makes switching over nice and easy. Along for those doing long car journeys you could quickly change a pod over (in a safe place to park up of course!)

In summary this gets a from me for decent flavour, ease of use, look and value with an Argus kit coming in at around £40 but do consider buying the additional 4.5ml pods at around £10, for me they are a must have to be honest.

Thanks

VV
hehehe each vaper is a different world.
Most of us, owners of the Argus GT mod, always say how stupid is that extra click to "awake" the mod; however you like it, and its good.

I think the electronics on this is capable to have a bit more complex menu, and could support this as optional: "instafire?" ON/OFF. Thats all.

The 0.13, which is the 0.15 (VM-6) with a little read deviation in your case, is good. Its even confusing. My sweet spot with that is around 60w, warm, tasty, cloudy. I dont know what it has in the wicking... I dont know whats the metal.... who cares; that little thing can embarrass much bigger and guzzler coils.

As you say, having spare non-TPD is good idea. Not good idea, its necessary :D. Switching some flavours along the day is cool.

Good times in Voopoo right at the moment

Not wanting to take out my expensive kit on the bikes, I picked up a Drag X a little while back. A week or something ago. I’ve been absolutely caning it and am now on my third 0.15ohm coil.

It’s a fantastic size for out and about, the flavour is totally on point, and I would put money on the fact that the cells are lasting longer than in any of my Dicodes mods.

I’ve not touched a single setting because I don’t need to. I don’t even look at the daft screen display, I really ought to see if I can simply turn it off.

I love that it sets the wattage to the coil, I don’t love that it wants me to sort out the clock every time I change a cell...and who the hell needs a clock on a mod anyway? And I love that magnet action.

But the reason I’m writing this is to address the leaking. I know nothing about Chinese stuff. Nada. But I do know that (at worst) there’s a light condensation under the atty - nothing I’d term a leak. It’s so superficial I don’t even pay attention to it.

I’m so impressed with this it caused me to rethink what I buy in future. Do I want to spend £160 on the new Taifun? No. No I bloody don’t. I want to buy another Drag X - but only a non-TPD one like the one I have.

Back
Top Bottom