What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Voopoo Drag Nano

zouzounaki

Olympian
I won this pod system, sort of accidentally, in a giveaway run by @VOOPOO . So I though I would leave a review of it here having used it for about five days. This review is entirely unbiased. I’m leaving it to provide an honest assessment of the device and how it performs.

THE DEVICE

The device itself is very well made and sturdy, solid feeling, despite being fairly light in weight. It’s very portable and fits in the hand nicely. The battery life is also decent for such a small thing.

The aesthetic isn’t really my cup of tea, but I know many (such as @Crewella and @Discomatt ) like this swirled, resin effect. It reminds me of the 70s and table lighters. But that’s only my personal taste, like I say I think the design will appeal to many, especially given the sturdiness and small form factor.

THE POD

The device only came with one pod. It says it has a 1.8Ω coil and 1ml capacity.

For me, the pod has a few problems and I can’t help but think that not much thought has gone into it.

It’s a nightmare trying to fill it. You pull the top part off to reveal a hole in the top side, the pod itself is a long shallow rectangular shape. But the hole isn’t big enough. Even with the narrowest tipped boston bottles I have I’ve not been able to fill it without a significant amount coming out and running down the side, even going extremely slowly. With a slightly bigger nozzle, don’t even try. It’s going all over the table. Basically there seems to be nowhere for the displaced air to go apart from to push the liquid back out the hole.

The design has a long chimney that runs up the middle. Somehow mine has a tendency for the liquid to pool on one side and it’s hard work getting it to flow through to the other side. That’s with 40/60 liquid, I wouldn’t want to try this with 70/30.

The capacity is stated at 1ml. But the instructions advise only filling it 3/4 full. So it seems it’s actually 0.75ml. Not great.

The airflow is pretty loose for a device with a 1.8Ω coil. It’s not possible to get an mtl draw, needs to be a restricted lungy, I’m afraid.

The pod rattles about inside the device. It’s not a particularly good fit, and I find this pretty annoying with such a small device and the shape of the tip.

PERFORMANCE

I’ve found the performance of this device, in comparison with other pods that I rate highly (suorin air, medo, minifit) to be pretty poor. The vapour production isn’t great and seems thin and wispy. I suspect that because the airflow is so loose yet the coil is 1.8 Ω and it seems to have a fixed voltage output, it just lacks oomph. It can’t generate enough heat in the little pod there to produce satisfying, dense vapour the way other pod devices manage to. This is especially noticeable outside on the go. You need to take a big lungy (for me, usually a 1mm airhole kind of person) which delivers a disappointing, thin wispy cloud. You’d think taking lungies of 24mg standard nic would pack a bit of a punch, but it doesn’t, especially compared to my other pod devices.

It’s also annoyingly noisy. This is this is a personal issue for me and something I hate in any device.

The draw activation isn’t great. It needs a hefty pull on the thing to get it to work.

CONCLUSION

The device itself is surprisingly solid and well made (although I’d add the qualifier that I’ve had it less than a week and it’s not been dropped yet). But the pod is, imo, poorly designed and has some major flaws that for me mean that I couldn’t recommend it.

Some of these flaws also make for poor performance, wispy and thin vapour and a general lack of satisfaction. This is comparing it against other pod devices that have become regular fixtures in my rotation and that for me just perform a lot better than this.

Two word summary: Not recommended.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if you’ve got a bad pod. Whilst I totally agree with the filling being a straight up pain in the arse, the other problems you said sound like a totally different mod to my one. I’ve actually just sat here shaking mine for 5 minutes trying to get a rattle and nothing...and I ended up shaking it pretty hard, lol! And whilst it’s not going to win any cloud chasing comps, it does well enough for what it is, and I was surprised how warm a vape it produces! I’ve got a spare pod so I’ll have to try that and see how that performs as I was surprised how good my one was (I expected to hate it tbh). Having said that, not sure how good the qc is on the disposable parts for voopoo gear. I’ve got a drag baby to review and they had to send me a second pack due to a dodgy coil, didn’t fit properly and wouldn’t fire unless it was only loosely tightened which then made it leak slightly if left filled. The second coil was perfect and made it a completely different experience

Interesting @Purplefowler I wondered if the pod was a dud myself and last week I ordered a box of four. They hadn’t arrived yet. I was in two minds whether to wait or post my thoughts on it, and decided to post it today on the bus home from work. When I got in, the box of pods was here.

I’ve taken one out, put it in the device, and it’s as wobbly as the other one. It’s not a rattle, or at least not a loud rattle (it is audible, though) but noticeable movement. Moreso when puffing it, which is why i find it annoying. It has movement in every direction. Forward and back, left and right, and I can push it down and it pops back up.

The new pod is also noisy, but in a different way from the original one. I’ll try the new one and see if it puffs any better but couldn’t be doing with the ordeal of liquid all over the place when I was just in from work. I’ll update the thread when I do.

I doubt my opinion will change though. I’ve been through a few pods on the suorin, as an example, over the year and a bit I’ve been using it and they all fit tight with no movement and perform exactly the same, fairly quiet, nice, dense vapour and a good healthy dunt.

I have a new pod in it today. It seems much the same. The inner rubber seal fell out the cap when I took it off to fill it, but it went back in without too much trouble. I’ll take it to work again and see how I get on.

Interesting @Purplefowler I wondered if the pod was a dud myself and last week I ordered a box of four. They hadn’t arrived yet. I was in two minds whether to wait or post my thoughts on it, and decided to post it today on the bus home from work. When I got in, the box of pods was here.

I’ve taken one out, put it in the device, and it’s as wobbly as the other one. It’s not a rattle, or at least not a loud rattle (it is audible, though) but noticeable movement. Moreso when puffing it, which is why i find it annoying. It has movement in every direction. Forward and back, left and right, and I can push it down and it pops back up.

The new pod is also noisy, but in a different way from the original one. I’ll try the new one and see if it puffs any better but couldn’t be doing with the ordeal of liquid all over the place when I was just in from work. I’ll update the thread when I do.

I doubt my opinion will change though. I’ve been through a few pods on the suorin, as an example, over the year and a bit I’ve been using it and they all fit tight with no movement and perform exactly the same, fairly quiet, nice, dense vapour and a good healthy dunt.
Now this is interesting. I actually have a 2nd nano drag which I hadn’t used so I pulled it out to see if it rattles (I was going to try the other pod but I haven’t got that far yet). The original pod does not rattle but the nice tight draw I got on the original mod is not there, it’s a way looser draw. So something in the actual device is fitting differently. The draw in the first one was one of the things I really liked about it but the 2nd one is no where near as nice as it’s too airy. I’m off to work in a minute but later I’ll crack open the other pod and try that in both devices and see how that works out

So the new pod still moves front to back and side to side, I can’t press this one down though. The fit is a bit different. The sideways movement is not as bad as the original one although it’s still there and still annoying when puffing it, especially when on the move.

But the new one has an off, plasticky taste and seems to be having wicking problems. The vapour seems very dry.

So the new pod still moves front to back and side to side, I can’t press this one down though. The fit is a bit different. The sideways movement is not as bad as the original one although it’s still there and still annoying when puffing it, especially when on the move.

But the new one has an off, plasticky taste and seems to be having wicking problems. The vapour seems very dry.

I've had a thought about this for a while ..... since I first started noticing slight differences in Aspire coils. My bet is that this stuff is being made in several, maybe many, different factories, some are better than others and it's total pot luck which you get because they all end up sent to Voopoo who box them up.

Back
Top Bottom