What's new

Voopoo Drag Nano

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
yet another voopoo review! As ever, these are purely my opinion and are not the views of Potv. I received this free of charge but that will not influence my opinion!

So a few weeks ago, I got a surprise parcel from voopoo. At first I thought maybe it was just a nice freebie but then logic kicked in and I put 2 and 2 together and realised that they just hadn't bothered to ask me if I wanted to review it for them! At first I was a little annoyed as I felt it was a bit cheeky but then I thought it was vaguely amusing. Now if they had asked me, I probably would have said no as pods are not my thing. I've only ever used one and that was that crappy blu thing that so many of us tried when it was on that £1 offer and that thing was horrible, leaky and just vile and it put me off pods completely. So in some ways, I'm actually quite glad they did just spring it on me as it turned out to be a little corker!

Included in the package was a charging lead, a book of words and pictures, a metal chain and one pod. I opened the box and I have to say it is the cutest little device I've seen. Anyone who is familiar with the drag will be charmed by it as it is a perfect little diddy version of it's big brother, even down to the font on the back. It is seriously adorable! Any lingering annoyance with voopoo dissolved instantly! The chain was a pain to attach and it gave me an itchy neck so that didn't last long and I found my own lanyard to replace it with and Ive been using it a lot since.

Now some people will be outraged by the image and targeting teens with vape jewellery but I reckon they will be barking up the wrong tree. My kids are both teenagers and into their look and fashion and both of them laughed at it....a lot! To say it is not cool, is an understatement. I was not allowed under any circumstances to wear it outside of my t-shirt in their vicinity under any circumstances! So that's that out of the way. If you are a woman in their mid 40s and want to look down wi' da kidz...this is not the look to do it! But it is very practical as it is a tiny thing and if it wasn't around my neck, I probably would have lost it by now!

So on to usage. The pod itself holds 1ml of juice but it lasted a surprising amount of time. It is a bit of a pain to fill and it you don't have thin, pointy bottles, you'll have no chance. Even with needle tipped bottles, I still managed to get a few air locks and had some spillages. But once filled, you just pop the end cap/drip tip on and it does not leak at all. The you pop the pod in and wait a few seconds for the little light to flash which says when it is primed and ready to go. This is a great feature and should prevent dry hits from being too impatient! The draw is lovely. I'd say it is the closest resistance to an actual cigarette that I've ever used, and the vape provides the same sense of satisfaction. Whilst it obviously won't give the same level of flavour as an rda\rta, it still was more than tasty enough. It was particularly good for menthol flavours and brought back many happy memories of my consulat smoking days. whilst pods work well with salts, I don't have any juice like that but I tried a variety of other juice ranging from 50/50 to 80/30 vg/pg and it handled everything surprisingly well although it was happier at higher pg which is what you'd expect. I had no dry hits at all, it just kept up, no matter how hard I pushed it (and believe me I tried to test it to the limit!). The stripped down gene chip works really well, fast ramp up time but does also dial things back when you are trying to chain vape. They have definitely worked hard to try to prevent the dreaded dry burn.

Battery life was also a big surprise. It only has a 750 mah built in battery so I was expecting a few hours hard vaping, but it just kept on going. I easily managed a full work day and a few hours more. It has a tiny status light which is green for full, blue when its less than 60% and red when 20% and this light is probably the weakest part of the device. Its on the lower side so you have to squint and go slightly cross eyed to be able to see it. It would be better if it stayed on for a few seconds but I guess that would also hit battery life. It only takes an hour to charge too.

The pod itself also seems to last a surprisingly long time. As I said, I put all sorts of different juice through it and got a good week and a half out of it until the flavour started to degrade. I used it more than I would usually vape as I was testing so Id say you could probably get a few weeks easily unless you like super sweet juice.

Build quality is really nice, the metal body feels good quality, no sharp edges and generally is well finished. It is a fingerprint magnet but I have sweaty hands at the best of times! It has the signature resin panel which if you like it on the bigger drag, you will also love it on the little dude.

So my opinion of pod systems has completely changed, I absolutely love this little device. It is so easy to use and it was actually lovely to not have to muck around with coils and settings. I actually like it so much that I am thinking of spending some of my hard earned cash to pick up another and a load of spare pods to take with me to some festivals in the summer instead of lugging around my usual kit, but I am tight so we will see. But the sheer fact Im even considering opening my wallet is high praise indeed. I know get what the buzz about pods is!

(photos in the next post)

790C25AE-B68B-4C7D-B2E1-B2BD48BD213E.jpeg
DE7C15BA-7FE2-40EF-84C3-8C03FD005CDE.jpeg
1982F4EB-1E7D-4F0C-B92B-AC7458A61A54.jpeg
4AF9836F-89FF-453F-B88B-21B21A643FA0.jpeg

Great reveiw (we'll start I have started reading but need to go home for lunch so will catch up later)

Great informative review..I have one on the way and looking forward to it even more now..

Nice review, good read thanks.
But 1ml of juice......
That’s what I thought too. That’s, what, a couple of puffs of my tank? But a little goes a bloody long way! It’s the cheapest vaping I’ve had in a very long time!

Nice review! I was waiting on hearing about how these function & now I know I want one more ! Love voopoo products, they are Chinese but seem be very durable & decent chipsets etc

Back
Top Bottom