What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VooPoo Argus kit

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200709_15_55_12_Pro.jpg

Well this is my final review for the mighty VooPoo and it's a bit of a beast.
Huge thanks to the folks at @VOOPOO for allowing me to test some great gear over the last few year's.
WP_20200709_15_57_53_Pro.jpg

Here we have the Voopoo Argus (Nothing to do with argos).
You get.
Well it arrived in a plastic mini flight case which is a nice touch.
Inside you get your

Argus dual cell (18650's not included) 160w mod.
One drag x pod.
One drag x pod 510 tank converter.
One 0.2ohm pnp coil and one 0.15ohm pnp coil.
One usb c type charge/firmware lead.
Instruction manual coil info, gene chip card and guarantee.
WP_20200709_15_58_06_Pro.jpg

First of this is a pretty compact mod for a dual 18650. The whole lot set up is 51mm x 26mms & 132mm (including the pod on the adapter). Very light too.
The finish is in the same vein as the recent excellent drag x, which reminded me of the finishing the old lost vape stuff used to have with its mixture of alloys, leather (ish) and carbon.
Not bad at all and definitely a step in the right direction.
The front panel is relatively simply set up. Nice large colour screen, big fire button at the top with no rattles and the standard but chunky up and down buttons bellow the screen.
Usb is side mounted and astonishingly has a rubber cover bung. Makes charging easy (if that how you charge, tut...tut.. Lol) overcharging protection is built in and tbh I'm assuming we have a 2amp charge like all recent gene chip based devices.
WP_20200723_21_03_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20200723_21_03_40_Pro.jpg

Output is 160w which I like as it's realistic. They've not pushed the capacitors to be able to write 200w plus on the side.The
Batteries are kept snug via a spring slide lock base.
The basic menu on the Argus is very much like the drag x. The wattage automatically is capped at the maximum safe running wattage of the coil which is an excellent feature and I'm glad to see this trend continue.
WP_20200723_21_03_07_Pro.jpg

The new gene TT chip has all those features (See my drag x review for details) plus you've got full tc capabilities (just hold the plus and minus buttons to enter the tc menu). The rba coil or new rdta pod would be perfect for tc action with the pod or any tank you want.
The fact this has a regular 510 connector on top is a masterstroke.
You can use your favourite tank of choice or the pod adapter 510 with the included drag x pod.
The pod is 4.5mls will be 2mls in the UK obviously. The pnp coils have always been excellent for flavour but I've had issue's previously with leaking from the insulator on the base. This has definitely improved with the recent 0.15coil and a few apes have told me things are improving on the others too. The 510 adapter actually helps here (again it holds the pod via very strong magnets) as it will not allow juice to ingress into the mod so easily.
Another winner from Voopo. If you liked the drag x (I did) you'll love this as it it does the same for longer plus a lot more.

Grab yours from your favourite suppliers (I can recommend sourcemore for the full size pod version)
Check it out here: https://m.voopoo.com/argus-series/argus-gt.html
Thanks again to @VOOPOO for the fun.

Last edited:
Nice review ape mate.

I would have bought not one of these when I started, for sure.

Do you plan to review the Argus Air? That thing has me intrigued :D

excellent review :2thumbsup: nice to know the coils have improved ,sounds good to me bud

Back
Top Bottom