What's new

VIM - JAC Vapour

tony g

Postman
9D0A2BFF-0AEB-40F9-A3AD-6965870A4EFE.jpeg
I started vaping years ago. Think I’m right in saying I started off with one of those ego battery things, and some sort of tank/atty monstrosity. Those of us that started our vaping journey then will remember that well, with both fondness and trepidation. Hey, at the time it was good! I’ll keep telling myself that. How things change. Zooming forward to 2018. . .

I feel I owe @JAC Vapour an apology. You see, I’d not heard of them until a few weeks ago. Why? How? I’ve no idea, I just hadn’t. Shoot me. Still, better late than never.

Right - I’d been after an AIO (All In One, for you folks new to this) device for a while. What I dearly wanted, more than any other, was a very small, very discreet little AIO that could last most of a day. A simple MTL setup with good battery life. I SO wanted that. The VIM’s form factor is nothing new. What IS new is a decent battery life.

Time came. Time went. Then, after some time away, I returned here to read about the VIM. Sounded great to me. And very reasonably priced at £24.99. So, I now have a VIM. Here be my thoughts. . .

The packaging is nice enough. Very impressed with the instructions! Liking that a lot. Kudos, guys. The first thing that struck me. . .

You know the drill. You watch YouTube videos of things and you sort of imprint on your mind how big or small something is. Sometimes you’re on point, sometimes not. In my mind, the VIM was small. However - given that it has a 2600mah battery, I wasn’t quite prepared for just HOW small. It’s something you’ll only appreciate if and when you buy one. That’s all I can say. Then there’s the charge time - about 2.5 hours. Very impressive. At present the VIM is only available in white. It looks very nice but I’m looking forward to other options in time to come.

The device itself seems to have a very strong structure. A strong plastic with a rubber-like feel to it. I like how the chassis protects the tank from potential drops. There’s really very little to worry about should you drop it.There’s a decent sized cut out in the mod, allowing you to see the tank’s juice level. It’s a plastic tank with a 2ml capacity, I just hope it’s of the type that doesn’t crack with certain juices. Time will tell.

The tank itself has a proprietary connection, so you’ll only be able to use it with the VIM. The tank has 3 long vertical grooves on the outside. To put the tank in place, you simply insert the tank with the grooves to one side - that is, not facing outwards when you look at it head on. Once the tank has reached the connectors at the bottom of the VIM, you simply push downwards on the drip tip and then rotate the tank clockwise until you see the 3 grooves lined up with the fire button. You then stop pushing down and voila, the tank locks in place. To remove the tank, simply push downwards on the drip tip again, then turn the tank clockwise again until you can no longer see the grooves, then release the pressure and pull the tank out. It’s dead easy and it works very well. Changing coils is simply a case of unscrewing the bottom of the tank, unscrewing the coil and screwing in another one. Very straightforward.

The fire button is nice and clicky, and even though it’s placed far down, you soon get used to it. No problems there. The battery status light is also on the fire button. It lights green indicating a good power level, blue means things are getting a little low, red means find a charging point pronto - during charging the light will glow red and then green when fully charged. To switch on, the familiar 5 clicks will do so, producing 3 green pulses to indicate it’s on. 5 clicks to power off. Pass through is also supported, so you can carry on vaping while charging. Charging time, as mentioned earlier, is around 2.5 hours, not bad at all considering it has a 2600mah battery. The USB port is located on the base of the VIM.

The 1.0ohm MTL coil supplied seems to perform well, although I’ve only been using it for a short time. Others report the coils to be good for at least 2 weeks, depending on usage. Other MTL coils are also available, as well as various DL coils. Very nice.

VIM comes with a medium sized drip tip as standard, which I’ve found to be pretty good for MTL vaping. It’s a propiatory setup, so you can only use it with the VIM tank. Large and narrow drip tips are also available.

You have two options with the airflow. There’s a rubber grommet on the base of the device, which can be moved to allow very little or full airflow, given that both MTL and DL coils are available. It works well. However - personally I wouldn’t want to be moving that rubber piece around too much, I’d worry it’d break at some point. That said, I’ll only ever be using this as a MTL device, so for me it’s not a problem at all. I’ll just leave that grommet in place and job done.

So, who is the VIM for? The obvious answer is beginners, people just coming off the stinkies. I’m telling you, I would have killed for this little fella when I started vaping years ago. I’m in no doubt everyone would agree with me on that. Compared to what we had to put up with then (and the prices!), it just blows what we had completely out of the water in every way. If you’re reading this and you just want something to get you off the cigarettes, that feels similar to the draw of a cigarette, do yourself a huge favour and buy yourself one of these. The bundle is the price of 2 packets of cigarettes. Stop and think about that. Do a little research and get yourself a couple of juices to experiment with, and off you go.

Who else? Me for starters! As said earlier, I’ve been vaping for years. Yes, I have DNA mods and RDAs and all that malarkey, but sometimes I just want a simple, no nonsense MTL vape. Something that just works, with the minimum of fuss and fanfare. A little mate that I can always count upon for work, for holidays and for home, too. Hello, VIM - I’m Tony, nice to meet you. . .

I absolutely love this thing. I’ve only had it for a very short time but I’m loving it. I’m sat here vaping on it as I type this. It really is a great bit of kit. So great, in fact, I’ve just been and ordered another on their site. A great product from a British company, priced very well and with great customer service?

That’ll do nicely for me.

https://www.jacvapour.com/vape-kits/aio-vim

Last edited:
AIO's stand and fall when it comes to battery life and coils.
Jac coils are probably the longest lasting Ive tried to date.

long time no see @tony g
hope your well mate.
great review fella. just see how long these dalm coils last as they are almost indestructable. 80vg with a breeze which i thought was almost unheard of on most coils.
and the best is yet to come as the VIM will be able to take pods in the near future so the first mod on the market ive heard of that can take a tank and a pod.

Yep getting to like jac vapours new stuff..been using the wee vim for the past few weeks..this is also excellent it’s the smaller version of the vim..

long time no see @tony g
hope your well mate.
great review fella. just see how long these dalm coils last as they are almost indestructable. 80vg with a breeze which i thought was almost unheard of on most coils.
and the best is yet to come as the VIM will be able to take pods in the near future so the first mod on the market ive heard of that can take a tank and a pod.

Hello mate. Yeah I’ve been away from here for a while, things have been very hectic. I’m good ta, hope you’re doing ok. Well I’ve been hammering the crap out of this little 1.0ohm MTL coil and it’s been great. Ok, it’s not been long but I’m still impressed. Great that they’ll be doing the pods as well. They’re not something I’ll be worrying about, but as you say it gives people even more options with the VIM. They really have covered all bases, I hope they do very well with it.

Saw on their site earlier that the base model is now back on pre-order after what they say has been overwhelming demand. Kits still available but no doubt they’ll be gone soon too. I have another kit on the way, then I’ll be looking for different colours later on. Loving the S22 as well, gonna get me a green one of those. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard of Jac Vapour until recently. Oh well.

Hello mate. Yeah I’ve been away from here for a while, things have been very hectic. I’m good ta, hope you’re doing ok. Well I’ve been hammering the crap out of this little 1.0ohm MTL coil and it’s been great. Ok, it’s not been long but I’m still impressed. Great that they’ll be doing the pods as well. They’re not something I’ll be worrying about, but as you say it gives people even more options with the VIM. They really have covered all bases, I hope they do very well with it.

Saw on their site earlier that the base model is now back on pre-order after what they say has been overwhelming demand. Kits still available but no doubt they’ll be gone soon too. I have another kit on the way, then I’ll be looking for different colours later on. Loving the S22 as well, gonna get me a green one of those. Can’t believe I hadn’t heard of Jac Vapour until recently. Oh well.

good here thanks mate, manic at work and melting at home but still going strong. at least i can still walk and drive so still working which is keeping me going.
keep an eye on here as the vim is the 3rd mod theve asked for forum testers and i beliebve more to come.
ive trown everything at the coils and they just keep going and going. just wished it wasnt a 2ml only tank but hey ho, we cant have everything can we.

Really not sure I understand the market for the Wee VIM, given how small the standard VIM is and all the options it has. Not to mention battery life.

Really not sure I understand the market for the Wee VIM, given how small the standard VIM is and all the options it has. Not to mention battery life.

I think its aimed at the average smoker wanting to quit.
It doesnt cost much more than a packet of cigarettes, simple operation and it wont leak juice into your pocket.
Sounds like a winner to me.

Back
Top Bottom