What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaptio Palo

Gitchy

Achiever
Vaptio e-mailed me a few weeks ago and asked me to review a couple of things for them. I was intrigued to see what they'd send so I said yes and they sent me this and the Tyro, both starter kits/aios.

All the technical stuff/protections can be found here:
https://shop.vaptio.com/palo-kit.html

I particularly like the statement that I will fondle admiringly. Got to love a wee bit of lost in translation marketing speak. It does look quite nice and is quite compact but there are other things I'd rather have a fondle of tbh.

20191110_140653.jpg

The Palo is basically what everyone else is bringing out right now. An aio that you can do both mtl and dtl with. In the box you get 2 coils. One is 1.2 ohms and the other 0.6. I started with the 1.2 and tried a bit of mtl for a change.

My first snag came with putting in the coil. You have to unscrew the top section and screw the coil into that. Even though it's in the manual and there's a little plastic wraparound on the tank when you take the kit out explicitly telling you this I still tried to take the whole tank off the battery. Because I'm stupid and don't look at anything.

Once I actually read the manual I got the coil in and tried to fill it up. You just have to give the top a wee half turn and it pops off, showing the juice holes. Second snag. You have to be quite gentle filling this one or juice will spill out of the fill holes and go everywhere. Ok. I'll go a bit slower then.

I finally got to see what the thing is like, and it was decent. The Palo gives a nice smooth draw. The flavour is pretty good on mtl, which surprised me as I'm not an mtl fan. I'm not sure the draw is amazingly tight on mtl. I thought it was tight then a friend told me it's looser than they'd like, but then they run all their tanks at half a hole covered so may just be fussy. I'd compare it to perhaps a nautilus with two holes showing.

The 1.2 also does a passable restricted dtl with the airflow wide open. High nic or nic salts would suit this kit.

20191110_140723.jpg

Snag 3 was when I tried to take the coil out to try the 0.6. You can't change coils with any liquid in the tank. The other issues were my own fault but this one will be a problem for some people. I'm not bothered myself but some might grudge pouring out some juice just to change a coil.

On the 0.6 the draw is again nice and smooth. These coils are pretty good. You get a nice restricted dtl and a decent amount of vapour for what the kit is.

And it is just a starter kit. Not really for seasoned vapers that like box mods and rebuildable or sub ohm tanks. I do like it though and might use this instead of a pod for my emergency/sitting in the bog at work vape.

Edit: I got sent 2 of these so will do a giveaway in the giveaway section for the other one soon.

Vaptio e-mailed me a few weeks ago and asked me to review a couple of things for them. I was intrigued to see what they'd send so I said yes and they sent me this and the Tyro, both starter kits/aios.

All the technical stuff/protections can be found here:
https://shop.vaptio.com/palo-kit.html

I particularly like the statement that I will fondle admiringly. Got to love a wee bit of lost in translation marketing speak. It does look quite nice and is quite compact but there are other things I'd rather have a fondle of tbh.

View attachment 204402

The Palo is basically what everyone else is bringing out right now. An aio that you can do both mtl and dtl with. In the box you get 2 coils. One is 1.2 ohms and the other 0.6. I started with the 1.2 and tried a bit of mtl for a change.

My first snag came with putting in the coil. You have to unscrew the top section and screw the coil into that. Even though it's in the manual and there's a little plastic wraparound on the tank when you take the kit out explicitly telling you this I still tried to take the whole tank off the battery. Because I'm stupid and don't look at anything.

Once I actually read the manual I got the coil in and tried to fill it up. You just have to give the top a wee half turn and it pops off, showing the juice holes. Second snag. You have to be quite gentle filling this one or juice will spill out of the fill holes and go everywhere. Ok. I'll go a bit slower then.

I finally got to see what the thing is like, and it was decent. The Palo gives a nice smooth draw. The flavour is pretty good on mtl, which surprised me as I'm not an mtl fan. I'm not sure the draw is amazingly tight on mtl. I thought it was tight then a friend told me it's looser than they'd like, but then they run all their tanks at half a hole covered so may just be fussy. I'd compare it to perhaps a nautilus with two holes showing.

The 1.2 also does a passable restricted dtl with the airflow wide open. High nic or nic salts would suit this kit.

View attachment 204406

Snag 3 was when I tried to take the coil out to try the 0.6. You can't change coils with any liquid in the tank. The other issues were my own fault but this one will be a problem for some people. I'm not bothered myself but some might grudge pouring out some juice just to change a coil.

On the 0.6 the draw is again nice and smooth. These coils are pretty good. You get a nice restricted dtl and a decent amount of vapour for what the kit is.

And it is just a starter kit. Not really for seasoned vapers that like box mods and rebuildable or sub ohm tanks. I do like it though and might use this instead of a pod for my emergency/sitting in the bog at work vape.

Edit: I got sent 2 of these so will do a giveaway in the giveaway section for the other one soon.
Nice n honest review Gitchy :thumbup:

Great review Glitchy ☺️ a generous gift for someone over on the giveaways thread.

Back
Top Bottom