What's new

Vaptio Cosmo Plus Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
I did a couple of reviews for Vaptio a month or so ago and they've now sent me another kit to review for them. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, nor do I need any of the stuff they've sent but I do like doing these reviews so I'm happy enough.

This time it's the cosmo plus. It's a starter kit with an 18mm tank on it so not technically an aio or a pod but it does act like one. The mod part has a 1500mah battery and goes up to 35w so it is a nice wee kit for mtl.

20200102_121826.jpg

Technical guff here https://shop.vaptio.com/cosmo-plus-kit.html

If you go to this page it's got the usual info and the usual guy with a thesaurus saying things like this:

'Featuring an aesthetic integrated body shape with streamlined curves and exquisite specular trim, COSMO PLUS blends the external quality and internal charm into a compact whole. It frees from previous design with 0.69-inch OLED display, smart color collocation and plug-pull coils to give better vaping experience in an extremely intuitive and convenient way.'

I mean collocation is not a word I've ever used. I know what it means but where the hell would I slip that into a conversation?

The kit though does look nice. Simple design with a nice gold trim. No resin, no faff.

20200102_105446.jpg

It feels solid in the hand as well for such a small device.

Five clicks on and you can put it in either VW, VV or bypass modes. No TC but then it is a starter kit. The fire button is pretty much the top quarter of the front of the mod. Two little buttons below this adjust the wattage. Vaptio, as always, had to be different and switch the + and - buttons around. The left puts it up and the right puts it down.

20200102_105455.jpg

That's pretty much it for the mod section. It's small, comfy, takes 18mm tanks and goes up to 35w. The only downside for me is the battery capacity. 1500mah does not last very long above 20w. I get a whole night of restricted dtl with the 0.7 coil at 22w and it's good for taking out but not an all day mod if I'm away for a while.

It is, however, great for mtl. With the 1.8 coil it lasts all day.

The tank is surprisingly decent for a starter tank. It takes the cosmo coils which are interchangeable with all of the aspire nautilus coils, so no having to hunt down vaptio coils online if you're the type who likes to get their stuff from a local shop.

The top pops off at a half turn so it can be filled and it fills nicely. Vaptio have again used the design from the Tyro where you twist the whole tank to adjust airflow and the airflow is reasonably tight for mtl then loose enough for a restricted dtl.

The coils are also easy to replace with a plug and pull system that they've made a lot better since they released the throne tank a couple of years ago.

Flavour wise, mtl is the way to go with this kit. Dtl is decent too but it really shines with a 1.8 coil at about 11 watts for me.

20200102_105549.jpg

In all the Cosmo plus is another good starter kit. Flavour from the tank is decent and I like the design of the mod part. I just wish there was more battery life in it but then it's not a kit that's aimed at someone like myself who likes big mods with external batteries.

I also like that they've not tried to make it a pod mod like so many others are doing right now.

I did get sent 2 of these so will do a giveaway in the comp section soon.

Great review @Gitchy Is the mod restricted to 18mm tanks?

From my extensive testing (which I just did after reading your post) it's unclear tbh. None of my 24mm rtas work on it. The mod was showing a short with them but my two 22mm rdas worked fine.

I suppose you could take from that, that 22mm tanks work but I'm not sure as I don't have any 22mm tanks that aren't rdas.

There's an overhang with anything over 18mm though as the top of the mod tapers up to the 18mm 510 fitting.

From my extensive testing (which I just did after reading your post) it's unclear tbh. None of my 24mm rtas work on it. The mod was showing a short with them but my two 22mm rdas worked fine.

I suppose you could take from that, that 22mm tanks work but I'm not sure as I don't have any 22mm tanks that aren't rdas.

There's an overhang with anything over 18mm though as the top of the mod tapers up to the 18mm 510 fitting.
Thanks mate, the overhang for anything over 18mm is a weird design decision when 22mm and above is the norm for tanks ... A pity that as it seems like a decent starter mod.

Thanks mate, the overhang for anything over 18mm is a weird design decision when 22mm and above is the norm for tanks ... A pity that as it seems like a decent starter mod.

Yeah, I thought that too when I saw it. I suppose it's a way for vaptio to have people use their tank with it and thus use their coils as well.

I did a couple of reviews for Vaptio a month or so ago and they've now sent me another kit to review for them. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, nor do I need any of the stuff they've sent but I do like doing these reviews so I'm happy enough.

This time it's the cosmo plus. It's a starter kit with an 18mm tank on it so not technically an aio or a pod but it does act like one. The mod part has a 1500mah battery and goes up to 35w so it is a nice wee kit for mtl.

View attachment 208011

Technical guff here https://shop.vaptio.com/cosmo-plus-kit.html

If you go to this page it's got the usual info and the usual guy with a thesaurus saying things like this:

'Featuring an aesthetic integrated body shape with streamlined curves and exquisite specular trim, COSMO PLUS blends the external quality and internal charm into a compact whole. It frees from previous design with 0.69-inch OLED display, smart color collocation and plug-pull coils to give better vaping experience in an extremely intuitive and convenient way.'

I mean collocation is not a word I've ever used. I know what it means but where the hell would I slip that into a conversation?

The kit though does look nice. Simple design with a nice gold trim. No resin, no faff.

View attachment 208013

It feels solid in the hand as well for such a small device.

Five clicks on and you can put it in either VW, VV or bypass modes. No TC but then it is a starter kit. The fire button is pretty much the top quarter of the front of the mod. Two little buttons below this adjust the wattage. Vaptio, as always, had to be different and switch the + and - buttons around. The left puts it up and the right puts it down.

View attachment 208016

That's pretty much it for the mod section. It's small, comfy, takes 18mm tanks and goes up to 35w. The only downside for me is the battery capacity. 1500mah does not last very long above 20w. I get a whole night of restricted dtl with the 0.7 coil at 22w and it's good for taking out but not an all day mod if I'm away for a while.

It is, however, great for mtl. With the 1.8 coil it lasts all day.

The tank is surprisingly decent for a starter tank. It takes the cosmo coils which are interchangeable with all of the aspire nautilus coils, so no having to hunt down vaptio coils online if you're the type who likes to get their stuff from a local shop.

The top pops off at a half turn so it can be filled and it fills nicely. Vaptio have again used the design from the Tyro where you twist the whole tank to adjust airflow and the airflow is reasonably tight for mtl then loose enough for a restricted dtl.

The coils are also easy to replace with a plug and pull system that they've made a lot better since they released the throne tank a couple of years ago.

Flavour wise, mtl is the way to go with this kit. Dtl is decent too but it really shines with a 1.8 coil at about 11 watts for me.

View attachment 208017

In all the Cosmo plus is another good starter kit. Flavour from the tank is decent and I like the design of the mod part. I just wish there was more battery life in it but then it's not a kit that's aimed at someone like myself who likes big mods with external batteries.

I also like that they've not tried to make it a pod mod like so many others are doing right now.

I did get sent 2 of these so will do a giveaway in the comp section soon.
Nice one Gitchy. Keep em coming, I like reading reviews from people here.

Nice one Gitchy. Keep em coming, I like reading reviews from people here.

Thanks Tazz. I won't be getting any more vaptio as the person I was dealing with has left them and I'm not the type to chase for review stuff. Ah well, was fun while it lasted.

Back
Top Bottom