What's new

Vaporesso XROS Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Jessica @Vaporesso sent me this to test out. It took a while as it was stopped by customs and sent back to Hong Kong then sent back to me but it’s been quite nice to get it later now that I’ve managed to read a few reviews on the kit.

20200924_102142.jpg

The Vaporesso XROS Kit

https://store.vaporesso.com/products/vaporesso-xros

This is a pod kit that has an 800mah internal battery in it. It uses pods rather than coils and available pods are in 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm versions.

In the box you get:

1 VAPORESSO XROS Battery
1 VAPORESSO XROS 0.8Ω POD (2ml)
1 VAPORESSO XROS 1.2Ω POD (2ml)
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card
1 Reminder Card

It’s a nice, simple pod kit. The design is quite rectangular and it has a reassuring weight but is not heavy at all. Perfect to keep in a pocket when out of the house. The device has all the usual protections.

You can use the autodraw function on it or use the button on the front to fire the coils in the pod. I found the autodraw very responsive and mainly use that with it but the button press does also work very well so it’s down to preference I suppose. On the front you have the button, a battery level led light that goes green when fully charged, blue when below 70% charge and red when below 30%. On the back there is an airflow adjuster. This lets you dial the draw down to how you like it and can be quite open for restricted DTL on the 0.8 pod or reasonably tight for MTL draws on the 1.2 pod.

Collage 2020-09-24 10_20_21.jpg

The pods have a 2ml capacity, which is decent for such a small kit and you fill them by snapping off the mouthpiece to reveal a fill port which takes most bottle nibs and is easy to use without spilling any liquid. I was a bit scared of snapping the mouthpiece off at first, I thought I was going to break the pod but it does work and snaps back on quite tightly. It can loosen after a lot of use though (or maybe that was just the one I got in the pack, none of the other ones I’ve used on this kit have had this) and if it is loose the pressure in the pod isn’t enough and you can get a slight leak which makes the coil a bit gurgly. It’s easily fixed by just making sure the cap is on properly, the bottom of the pod is wiped clean and having a few deep draws to clear the juice from the coil. As noted, I’ve only had this with one of the 3 pods I’ve used and that was the one I’ve been using most.

The draw on the XROS is superb. I’ve managed to use some very high mg nic salt juice in the 1.2 pod with no coughing at all. I even managed some freebase at 12mg, which I can never do with other kits. The 1.2 runs at 11w and the 0.8 at 16w. The added airflow control makes it easy to dial the draw right down and I found it best for me at 2 holes open for MTL. Fully open with the 0.8 gives you a nice restricted DTL draw and again it is smooth enough to be able to use higher nicotine juice. Of course the 0.8 pod will use juice quicker and you do have to fill more often but this kit really works best for me with high salt nic on MTL using the 1.2 pods.

In all the XROS is a great MTL pod kit that can do restricted DTL well too. It would suit new vapers and those like me who perhaps struggle a little sometimes with MTL vaping due to coughing issues.

20200924_101921.jpg

Last edited:
Jessica @Vaporesso sent me this to test out. It took a while as it was stopped by customs and sent back to Hong Kong then sent back to me but it’s been quite nice to get it later now that I’ve managed to read a few reviews on the kit.

View attachment 229033

The Vaporesso XROS Kit

https://store.vaporesso.com/products/vaporesso-xros

This is a pod kit that has an 800mah internal battery in it. It uses pods rather than coils and available pods are in 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm versions.

In the box you get:

1 VAPORESSO XROS Battery
1 VAPORESSO XROS 0.8Ω POD (2ml)
1 VAPORESSO XROS 1.2Ω POD (2ml)
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Warranty Card
1 Reminder Card

It’s a nice, simple pod kit. The design is quite rectangular and it has a reassuring weight but is not heavy at all. Perfect to keep in a pocket when out of the house. The device has all the usual protections.

You can use the autodraw function on it or use the button on the front to fire the coils in the pod. I found the autodraw very responsive and mainly use that with it but the button press does also work very well so it’s down to preference I suppose. On the front you have the button, a battery level led light that goes green when fully charged, blue when below 70% charge and red when below 30%. On the back there is an airflow adjuster. This lets you dial the draw down to how you like it and can be quite open for restricted DTL on the 0.8 pod or reasonably tight for MTL draws on the 1.2 pod.

View attachment 229034

The pods have a 2ml capacity, which is decent for such a small kit and you fill them by snapping off the mouthpiece to reveal a fill port which takes most bottle nibs and is easy to use without spilling any liquid. I was a bit scared of snapping the mouthpiece off at first, I thought I was going to break the pod but it does work and snaps back on quite tightly. It can loosen after a lot of use though (or maybe that was just the one I got in the pack, none of the other ones I’ve used on this kit have had this) and if it is loose the pressure in the pod isn’t enough and you can get a slight leak which makes the coil a bit gurgly. It’s easily fixed by just making sure the cap is on properly, the bottom of the pod is wiped clean and having a few deep draws to clear the juice from the coil. As noted, I’ve only had this with one of the 3 pods I’ve used and that was the one I’ve been using most.

The draw on the XROS is superb. I’ve managed to use some very high mg nic salt juice in the 1.2 pod with no coughing at all. I even managed some freebase at 12mg, which I can never do with other kits. The 1.2 runs at 11w and the 0.8 at 16w. The added airflow control makes it east to dial the draw right down and I found it best for me at 2 holes open for MTL. Fully open with the 0.8 gives you a nice restricted DTL draw and again it is smooth enough to be able to use higher nicotine juice. Of course the 0.8 pod will use juice quicker and you do have to fill more often but this kit really works best for me with high salt nic on MTL using the 1.2 pods.

In all the XROS is a great MTL pod kit that can do restricted DTL well too. It would suit new vapers and those like me who perhaps struggle a little sometimes with MTL vaping due to coughing issues.

View attachment 229035
Cracking review @Gitchy
I use mine all the time when I'm out and about as it's easy to slip it in my pocket loaded with 20mg salts in the 1.2 pod. Great little device.

Cracking review @Gitchy
I use mine all the time when I'm out and about as it's easy to slip it in my pocket loaded with 20mg salts in the 1.2 pod. Great little device.

I really like it. I've got some 36mg salts there and it's still a really smooth draw mtl for me. Most pods/coils get harsh for me above 20mg so this is great for out in the car or at the shops.

I really like it. I've got some 36mg salts there and it's still a really smooth draw mtl for me. Most pods/coils get harsh for me above 20mg so this is great for out in the car or at the shops.
Agreed, it is a lovely smooth draw even though I have less than half a hole showing on the airflow. I'd def recommend this to anyone looking for a pod.

Great review @Gitchy. I got the pink one for myself to test out. I find I prefer using the button otherwise the auto draw cuts out before I've finished inhaling but other than that it's a great little device and it has very good flavour for a small device.

Well done mate. I actually love the color on that one! is it pink (pink, pink) or is it like a peach, a bit rosed and orange? The color degradation is really cool

The bug is kicking me hard with this one; not for me, but my wife is loving her Vaporesso stuff (pods). I cant decide if this or the Argus Air... :(

Well done mate. I actually love the color on that one! is it pink (pink, pink) or is it like a peach, a bit rosed and orange? The color degradation is really cool

The bug is kicking me hard with this one; not for me, but my wife is loving her Vaporesso stuff (pods). I cant decide if this or the Argus Air... :(
This! I'll tell you why:
1) The fact that you can tailor the airflow
2) Pod queen Dee is giving away her Argus Air but uses the Xros all the time, what does that tell you?
Absolutely superb pod this one.

This! I'll tell you why:
1) The fact that you can tailor the airflow
2) Pod queen Dee is giving away her Argus Air but uses the Xros all the time, what does that tell you?
Absolutely superb pod this one.
good arguments.
But I freaking hate it has disposable pods! :(

good arguments.
But I freaking hate it has disposable pods! :(
Yeah I hate that too, I'm a hippy at heart and do all I can to protect the environment so I really struggle with it. At least they are clear unlike most and the flavour is superb for a pod.

Back
Top Bottom