What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaporesso O Small & XTRA

eyeball kid

Legend
Here for your delights ladies, gentlemen and others we have two new mini pod systems from the mighty Vaporesso.
The teeny tiny "O Small" and the ever so slightly larger "Xtra".
These are my thoughts and do not represent those of potv and note these where sent to me for the price of a customs clearance payment so take that as you will but be assured that as always if I don't like them or find fault I've no issue in telling you.
That said, vaporesso have been making me seem like a corporate stooge for a while now as they're been releasing some belters.
WP_20200417_14_07_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20200323_13_35_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20200417_14_02_33_Pro.jpg

Well, on first look I imagine your all think that these won't appeal to me. I'm an advanced vaper you know.
Hold that thought as these have been very handy indeed and I vape like a big boy.

Right The O Small.
Cell capacity 350mah.
You get your O Small pod already loaded with a 1.2ohm 2ml regular pod rated for 11w.
A usb charge lead.
User manual.
Guarantee.

The Xtra.
Cell capacity 900mah.
You get your Xtra pod later loaded with a 0.8 ohm mesh 2ml pod (16w)
You also get a 1.2 ohm single wire 2ml pod (11w)
A usb charge lead.
User manual.
Guarantee.
Reminder card.

First off the O Small.
Plastic construction here. Pod is held firmly via magnets as ever and filling is done in the side of the pod via good size rubber bung. No mess and absolutely zero leaks.... None.... Not a drop.
With it's size smaller than a disposable lighter but much thinner and probably lighter actually it cried out for nic salt juice. Don't get me wrong this is absolutely fine with normal old eliquid but as it's a small mtl based coil with airflow similar to a nautilus on it's smallest setting which is home ground for me. That said I'd use no higher than 50/50 vg/pg to get perfect wicking therefore the longest life from your pod. I'd also suggest using a higher nic level than usual as this is very much designed to hit the spot quickly and not to be used as a constant dummy due to the cell life.
The coil here is a cotton based one for all you ceramic a phobes out there and the O Small pod has a simple version of the excellent dry hit prevention board vaporesso make inside.
This surprisingly has fully automatic draw activation too, which is amazing considering the size available here.
I've used this in some of their previous pods and it's a boon for stopping you accidentally vaping the wick or the pod dry.
I loaded this with some elements 555 20mg nic salt (50/50) and had at it.
The draw was right up my alley. Tight but not a struggle and the flavour was spot on. Really nice flavour definition. Vaporesso have done a fantastic job with the coils included in these pods.
The cloud produced is surprisingly big and dense and wicking had zero problems. Not sure if that was purely because the coils wicked well or that the board was throttling the power smoothly but zero complaints and amazingly this has not missed a beat on the auto draw and I've been using this consistently for weeks and weeks. The pod is Now just getting to the point of replacement now which is incredible. Alright it's not been in use 24hrs a day but it's been well used daily and I think it's been about over a month and been filled a fair few times which is surprising as in nic salt use it's been very economical.
Also I'm getting no nasty burnt flavour but a gradual lowering in power to the coil as the boards recognizes not to deliver too much to the rather well used coil.

Now,
The Xtra.
This looks really smart in its chrome finish and is about the size of an old style clipper lighter but thinner.
Nice weight to it and the pod is held firmly with magnets and the pods don't leak. Not at all. Filling is done via rubber bung on the side of the pod.
Again we have flawless autodraw activation but also an on off button is placed on the base of the Xtra. 900make of battery inside.
My first instinct like the osmall was these are made to be paired with nic salts juices as they are crying out for this purpose but as Vaporesso kindly sent me a pair I thought I'd load one set with regular old eliquid and one with salts.
The first pair of pods had 50/50 liquid in the 1.2 pod and 70/30 in the 0.8.
Zero complaints on the 1.2ohm pod. A nice mtl vape with the airflow similar to the nautilus on airflow hole 3 (more airy than The O Small) The draw suited me fine if a tad more airy than I'd usually use and as I was using firewater no1 in it I was familiar with flavour expectations and boy did it deliver. Really good coils on board again just like The O Small (again cotton wicking on both coils here).
The 0.8 had 70/30 dinner lady lemon tart so again a juice I'm very familiar with.
The 0.8 had a little bit of a coil break in time and carried a little synthetic flavour for five minutes or so but this is pretty standard in most stock coils tbh.
Once broken in it delivered a huge vape full of flavour. Airflow here is in the very restricted dtl territory but that's just my take. Check out other apes review's for a rounder view.
Again I see this as very much a devices for out and about rather than a main kit but it certainly is good enough to be a perfect transitional kit from smoking.
If you hit the 0.8ohm coil hard with 70% vg then the Xtra does it's thing and throttle back the power but if you punish it you can still burn the coil but you'd realise before you kill it.

The second set of pods I used for nic salts (elements nut tobacco if your interested) and this is the perfect combination with this kit. This then becomes a genuine contender for your main vape.
Keeping your vg to 50 or 60% max is key to long pod life and using 20mg salts in the 1.2ohm pod or 5/10mg salts for the 0.8 ohm mesh coil for restricted dtl means you hit it less naturally, it wicks consistently and you can get through the day easy with the 900mah battery.

Both pods have 1amp charging via the usb and charge quickly should you need a power root up and both have the traditional three colours of battery life indication via the onboard led.

These have both been far more useful than I'd expected and at the bargain based prices it's no biggie to replace if you should loose your vape.
Flavour, draw, size and when used with salts, cell life have all been superb.
One downside is the pods aren't universal between these two which is a shame.
If you need something for work or want to help a friend quit smoking and since want to be changing coils for them every five minutes then these are what you want.

Find them here.
https://www.vaporesso.com
Or check out your local vape shop.

More photos to follow.
check out gitchy and Dee Dee 's review's for a more comprehensive view.
WP_20200417_14_02_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20200323_13_35_25_Pro.jpg

Huge thanks as ever to @Vaporesso for letting me play.

Attachments

• WP_20200417_14_03_27_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200417_14_03_27_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Cracking reviews mate. Always like to see your take on things.

I like that you also got the slight burn on 70/30 juice with the 0.8 if you really go for it. I thought it might be something I was doing. It's great that it doesn't kill the coil though. Once the battery runs down a little I can slam it as well with no problems. Just want to add that I've been smashing the 1.2 dtl with 70/30 and it's not had any problems at all.

Interesting @eyeball kid. Would you buy another of either if you lost them or either broke?
Have done coolie.
Bought another osmall and 60mls of various elements nic salt tobacco.
we're looking after a friends pup currently (her labs pups as she can't sell them currently for obvious reasons and they are now too old to be around mum, 10 weeks).
So I'm up three times a night for toilet trips and the osmall has been a lifesaver.
dog walks/ exercise and shopping trips it comes along every time as it just works great and sits in my pocket.

Thanks for the reviews @eyeball kid . Amazing the performance you can get from something so basic these days. New vapers are spoilt and no need to go through the rite of passage crap first device.

Have done coolie.
Bought another osmall and 60mls of various elements nic salt tobacco.
we're looking after a friends pup currently (her labs pups as she can't sell them currently for obvious reasons and they are now too old to be around mum, 10 weeks).
So I'm up three times a night for toilet trips and the osmall has been a lifesaver.
dog walks/ exercise and shopping trips it comes along every time as it just works great and sits in my pocket.

Cheers I’ll keep an eye out for a good price. [emoji106]

@eyeball kid good review matey.

I like that we all have different styles of reviewing. I have read yours in detail and agree 100% i too reviewed the Osmall great little kit. Any idea where i can get replacement pods? I have now used both and i need more. I would prefer a uk online store but struggling to find them available

Cheers love, hope u and the famalam are well?

Xx

Back
Top Bottom