What's new

Vaporesso LUXE Q Pod Kit - Spoiler Alert - this is some good sh*t

Back for a forum only review, @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) is taking care of the main review, I wasn't expecting one to come to me for review but Vaporesso sent me one anyway, here's my thoughts on it:

I will get this out of the way at the beginning; one of my pet hates with pods is the airflow, most fixed airflow pods rarely meet my fussy MTL expectations, often too loose ((I have yet to find one too tight), I was so cock sure that the LUXE Q was going to be too loose going by the PM40's draw being far too loose that I took this photo during the photography:

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-1.jpg

Turns out I didn't need it, I'm quite happy to be wrong in this case as the airflow is Vaporesso's best pod draw yet and I'm a fussy tw@ - not too loose and not too tight, just right and just like a ciggie draw and with Vaporesso's excellent coil performance this quickly turned into a winner.

Yeah a total plot spoiler but if you want to know more, read on.........

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/luxe-q
RRP: $32.90 (just under £30).

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-Main.jpg

So on paper there's nothing new here that we haven't already seen, this is all going to depend on looks, ergonomics and performance, I'm all for innovation but I care more about these main factors.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-2.jpg

Unboxing
The Luxe Q comes in the now traditional Vaporesso packaging, a simple open box with the classy artwork outer sleeve, as much as I like a decent box; this one will be recycling bin fodder as there's absolutely no need to keep it, there's no spare parts etc.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-3.jpg

Everything you need is in the top layer, including the manual, which again can go into the recycling as you really shouldn't need it.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-4.jpg

You get a spare pod which is always welcome and Vaporesso's quality USB-C cable, there's an authenticity instructions card but I've yet to bother checking in recent times, these kits aren't as expensive these days so counterfeiting is pretty rare for mainstream stuff.

First Impressions
Either Vaporesso know my tastes by now or I was plain lucky to receive the Red/Chrome version, either way it was an instant like from me and picking it up for the first time I was really pleased with how compact it was.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-7.jpg

Everything is finished well, the scale style panels are so soft and grippy, I really like the way this feels and it's the first time I've come across this texture, a very nice 'touch', the main chassis is zinc alloy finished off with a chrome finish which is a bit of a fingerprint magnet but the surface area is quite small so not as noticeable, I love my shiny-shiny vapes so the whole balanced finish was a winner for me, I'm not sure how I would have felt with some of the other colours but there should be one to suit your tastes.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-6.jpg

There are no buttons, screen or controls on the Luxe Q and is simply auto-draw, keeping it simple is obviously less of a drain on the battery so 1000mAh lasted me quite a while for a pod device, it's hard to compare but I was getting around 4ml of juice consumption per charge, possibly a little more but the power drop was noticeable by this point.

Pods
The Luxe Q comes with 2 different pods which are refillable but disposable due to inbuilt coils which is a bit wasteful, especially when the quality is as high as these.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-5.jpg

You get a 0.8ohm and a 1.2ohm which are both mesh and hold 2ml of juice, as I've already mentioned, these pods are almost too good quality to be disposable as they are made of high quality plastic.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-POD.jpg

They are top-fill via flipping the mouthpiece off with your thumb and really easy to fill up, this is achieved via a little fill port on one side with an air hole on the other to prevent air-locks, the top section of the pod is clear which also makes it easy to see your juice level once the pod is fitted.

The pod is a push fit and holds in place well, and to my surprise they don't leak air through the mouth-piece as the seal is well implemented, wear and tear won't be an issue as they are disposable (one of the limited benefits), so far I was pretty impressed with everything but I couldn't test the airflow out until I had finished the photos and primed the pods, fill them up and leave them to saturate for 10 to 15mins.

The dual option airflow works via the orientation of the pod, one side is tighter than the other so rotate it 180 degrees to suit your tastes.

Performance
At this point I still didn't know if the airflow was going to be decent for MTL or not, still half expecting it to be too loose; my first vape was as I expected and indeed a bit too loose, I removed and rotated the pod 180 degrees and tried again, whoop! I was well chuffed as it vaped just right, it had that ciggie like tight draw and the flavour was damn good, I would go as far as to say it's better than any other Vaporesso pod I have tried for MTL, previously this honour went to the OSMALL or XTRA which I still use, or should I say 'used to' use as by this point I already knew that the LUXE Q was going to replace both of them, the draw of the OSMALL and the quality and flavour of the XTRA.

Also the mouthpiece is really comfortable and smaller than something like the LUXE PM40, it also feels better than the XTRA and OSMALL, possibly the best mouthpiece on a pod I have tried, I really can't think of a better one.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-9.jpg

The 0.8Ohm mesh is better for those who prefer a more intense saturated vape or a restrictive direct lung draw, the airflow was a little looser on this pod but still beats the XTRA, as much as I enjoy the 0.8ohm pod I will be sticking to the 1.2ohm as it's less power hungry and thirsty, the battery life was obviously not as good and I noticed the drop off after 3ml or so.

Charging is via USB-C but only at 1 Amp, it still charges pretty quick though, it rarely took over 40 minutes from low power which isn't too shabby for a 1000mAh battery.

Since there is no buttons there is no way to power the device off which means the only way to make it travel safe is to remove the pod or pop some tape over the pods contacts which is a faff, this won't really affect me but something to be aware of.

Size wise, here it is next to the PM40 (see below), the size is much more ergonomic and pocket friendly which you would expect from a device without controls or a screen.

Vaporesso_Luxe_Q_Pod_Kit-8.jpg

Out of the 2 I prefer the Luxe Q but that's mostly down to the tighter airflow, if the PM40's airflow was better I think I would probably have preferred it over the LUXE Q for MTL, RDL wise then the PM40 wins for a few reasons such as; replaceable GTX coils, Fire button, controls and bigger battery capacity.

Conclusion
Ever since the Lost Vape Lyra (which had terrible coils!) I have been longing for something a similar size that looks and feels as good and the LUXE Q is pretty much it, but with much better coils and performance, I really like this pod system, it's a shame that the pods are disposable but then they do last a long time if they are anything like the OSMALL and XTRA, that said; it didn't stop me buying pods for both of those regularly.

The LUXE Q looks, feels and vapes great, personally I'm very happy with this kit and I think it is the best MTL pod that Vaporesso have produced so far, it oozes quality and I am going to struggle finding any cons for it.

Pros
  • Great for MTL.
  • Decent capacity 1000mAh battery.
  • Classy styling and finish.
  • Compact and comfortable.
  • Great flavour. (both pods)
Cons
  • The device is always on (no way to power it down).
Final thoughts
I'm so glad Vaporesso brought the Luxe Q pod system out, it improves on my niggles with their previous MTL pod systems, I have been hammering this device and it didn't take long before I started my quest to find replacement pods, this will become my weapon of choice in the car and has made at least 4 of its rivals obsolete.

Innovation? zero! refinement? plenty of it and Vaporesso have done an excellent job overall which makes this kit worth the money.

Score: 9/10
Vaporesso's best MTL Pod Kit yet.

Nice review Vapaneezer. I've got one on the way so looking forward to it now. Could be my new toilet vape.

Toilet vape? I'm guessing your previous one was a voopoo? dare I ask what flavour juice?

:D

I call it my toilet vape cause I always used to use a pod in the bogs at work. It's really just the one I use in the car now so I'm not blasting clouds. :D

I do love a toot on the shitter as well.

A bit of an update on this as I hit a snag.

The latest 1.2ohm pod I put in has an issue that it does not sit in properly and rises itself up around 1mm which causes the airflow to be looser, since it's a press fit and not magnetic this problem continues and I'm forever pushing the pod back down.

The pod is supposed to slightly snap into place which led me to come up with a bodge to fix it, placing the battery part onto a rubber mat and hit the top edge (firm tap rather than a bash) with a rubber mallet seems to have fixed it, it's now back to how it should be with a decent tight MTL draw.

I've never dropped or damaged this kit so no idea why it happened but hopefully my bodge/fix might help anyone else that hits the same snag.

I will mark my score down if anyone else has hit the same issue?

Back
Top Bottom