What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaporesso Luxe 80 Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from Vaporesso the luxe 80 pod kit. This was very kindly sent to me from our own Dee on behalf of vaporesso.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from vaporesso or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit...

This new pod kit is the smaller sibling to the newly released luxe 80S which is an external battery and runs in the very popular luxe range from vaporesso. It takes the gtx coil range and uses the new gtx pod. With the brand of vaporesso and there extensive coil range it already puts this kit in great shape but let's find out more.

The kit comes in 5 different colours and I recieved the wood grain kit for this review.

vaporesso_luxe_80_pod_mod_kit_full_color.jpg

In the box.....

• Luxe 80 battery

• GTX pod 26 (5ml/2ml TPD)

• GTX 0.2ohm mesh coil

• GTX 0.3ohm mesh coil

• Type C charging cable

• User manual

• Warranty card

20210707_193405.jpg

Specs....

• Dimensions 111.1 x 28 x 39.4mm

• Pod capacity 5ml/2ml (TPD)

• GTX 0.2ohm mesh coil 45-60W

• GTX 0.3ohm mesh coil 32-45W

• Internal battery capacity 2500mAh

• Power output 5-80W

• Charging current DC 5V/2A Type C

• Display 0.96in TFT colour screen

The mod...

The main body is made from stainless steel with one side having a glossy coated sticker representing the colour scheme, whilst the other side has a faux leather which is slightly soft to touch but give its that quality finish and makes it very comfortable in hand. There is minimal branding with vaporesso on one side and luxe above the leather patch. The mod has a maximum output of 80W.

20210709_100009.jpg
20210709_100014.jpg

The mod itself is very small and compact but certainly has everything you need with a 0.06 oled screen which shows you the usual:

• Wattage
  • Resistance
  • Voltage
  • Puff
  • Mode
But what I also like about this chip is the fact is has a space where it tells you the best range of your coil meaning you can always stay within the reccomended wattage for the coil inserted.

20210707_193907.jpg

It's the normal 5 clicks on and off, + and - buttons for changing wattage and navigating theme menu, which you access by holding both at the same time.

It's a simple menu screen where you can change between 3 modes, VW, VV and Smart VW. There's also a Puff clearer, theme selection where you can change the colour of the screen between green, blue and pink and you can return the device back to default settings.

16271078002884184796708674835048.jpg

It supports USB type C Charging and I've found it takes around an hour to fully charge from 0%.

On the top of the device is a fixed pod holder which fits the gtx pod via very strong magnets. As with previous devices this holder has airflow slots in which match up with the pod when inserted meaning you can tune your preferred airflow, which is always a positive. One thing I did wish or hope maybe will happen is possibly a 510 adaptor for both this and it's bigger companion the luxe 80s as I feel this could really enhance this vape product.

16271079292268205508083373253222.jpg

The pod...

The pod used in this kit is the same which came with the newly released gtx Go 80 kit ,meaning if you already own that you can use the same pods. They're 2ml(tpd) and 5ml (Non tpd).

20210707_193501.jpg

It's a strong grade plastic which is a clearer plastic than the one provided with the go kit. It's the same quarter turn to remove the top cap with a small filling port. Again the plastic threading worries me about how it will hold up over time but it does seem to be smoother than before which is a great sign.

16271080431687788016335450573614.jpg

It slots in nicely into the top cap via magnets and doesn't move or feel like it will come out of place at all.
The 2 cyclops airflow slots match up with that of the holder and you simply turn the tank to dial in the airflow.
With such an extensive range of coils this can make a huge difference the only negative point being its a non removable 810 drip tip which for me would be sightly to big for a mtl vape I would say with the airflow options and coils this is best suited as a RDL vape especially with it being a internal battery.

20210707_193453.jpg

The coils..

As mentioned above this kit is compatible with the GTX range of coils which are highly regarded for great flavour and longevity and as always there don't dissapoint you're provided with 2 in the kit.

vaporesso_gtx_coils-1.jpg

The 0.3ohm and 0.2ohm gtx coils are given to you both coils are better preffered at medium wattages therefore suiting a RDL vaper.

The 0.3ohm rated 32-45W and with smart wattage on it sets this coil at 40W I found there to be great flavour and clouds anywhere between this reccomended setting and found my spot at 37W with the airflow 1/3 closed off it gives a great restriction with a dense flavourful vape. The coil lasted me a good almost 2 weeks without any drop in flavour.

In my other pod which i had for the go kit review I used the 0.2ohm coil rated 45-60W and the smart mode set this at 50W again great flavour from this vape with the airflow fully open it isn't the quietest of vapes but a very flavoursome one. It's also alot more of a cooler vape but you can instantly feel the difference in coils with this one feeling alot more powerful.

Both coils lasted a decent amount of time but this will vary depending on your preffered wattage and juice you are using.

I personally preffered the 0.3ohm coil for a more restricted vape but also with the 2500mah battery I wasn't even getting half a day using it as a main device with the 0.2ohm but it was lasting most of working day with the 0.3ohm.

Pros and Niggles..

Pros

• Great flavour
• Great coil range
• Small compact device
• Good battery for lower wattages
• Best wattage on screen
• Ease of use
• Smart wattage mode

Niggles

• Non removable drip tip
• Won't last all day at higher wattages
• Plastic threading
• Quite a noisy airflow when fully open

Overall thoughts...

Overall I've been very impressed with this device as a mod its very solidly built, easy to use and very small and compact. There's a huge array of coils that can be used and with the airflow you could get nearly any type of vape from it. However with the 810 drip tip being non removable I think you lose the ability to use this as a mtl device especially with it being a built in battery it's perfectly made for lower wattage vaping.

As a small discreet vape this is perfect it's very comfortable to hold and will fit anywhere you need it to. One thing I think that would make this and it's bigger sibling device even better would be a 510 connector this little kit would work perfectly with a mtl tank or rta on top and give it a much better stand out selling point.

20210707_193427.jpg

Thanks once again to Dee for letting me review this on her behalf and thank you all for reading

Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for the review Sam. I like the look of the mod section, but the pod would not suit me at all. Shame.

Great stuff as usual Sam! Not one for me though as they should have made it with a 510 connection as it would be a decent mod.

Nice review Sam, I like the look of the mod but like others said, the pod and the lack of 510 connection is a step back in my opinion which will deter potential buyers.

Hey Sam

Firstly thank you for taking this in for review for me. This would have wasted on me!

Great review, disappointed they didn't include a 510 adaptor with it, this really does limit the mod and its a lovely mod. But as always it sounds like a decent bit of kit. Of course those gtx coils are always a winner.

Thanks again matey, when we finally meet at an expo or vape meet i will buy u a beer!

:beerchug

@Vaporesso

Thank you for the review Sam. Does anyone know if any of the Vaporesso pod kits (Luxe 80, Luxe 80S, GTX GO, Swag PX80) is suitable for MTL vaping with the GTX 1.2 ohm coil? Can the airflow in any of them be turned down to a MTL restricted draw? It looks like all those pods come with sub-ohm coils only. I love the 1.2 coil in the GTX 18 tank and wondering if I should try one of the pod kits.

Thank you for the review Sam. Does anyone know if any of the Vaporesso pod kits (Luxe 80, Luxe 80S, GTX GO, Swag PX80) is suitable for MTL vaping with the GTX 1.2 ohm coil? Can the airflow in any of them be turned down to a MTL restricted draw? It looks like all those pods come with sub-ohm coils only. I love the 1.2 coil in the GTX 18 tank and wondering if I should try one of the pod kits.
Thank you mate the problem.you would have with them.devices is its a fitted 810 drip tip which is wide bore so it wouldn't be a 510 tip type mtl draw but the gtx coils are compatible mate

Sadly I've yet to find a decent Vaporesso pod kit that takes GTX coils and offers a decent MTL draw, the closest was the GO40 but that had too large a mouthpiece.

To date the only reasonable GTX 1.2 Ohm mtl draw is on the GTX One tank and the only decent pods are the Luxe Q & XROS but they have disposable pods.

Back
Top Bottom