What's new

Vaporesso GTX One

Gitchy

Achiever
@Vaporesso sent me this to review and it was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it.

I'm glad they did as it's a nice little kit. All the info on it is here https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gtx-one

20200624_104917.jpg

In the box you get the mod, GTX 18 tank, a 1.2 ohm coil, an 0.8 ohm coil, a USB c charging cable and the usual manual and warranty card.

This device looks nice. It's got the same grippy material that's used on the Gen mod and has a nice shiny front on it. It feels nice and solid and the fire button is both responsive and large enough to find without having to look for it like you might on some proper aios. It's also simple to use. Five clicks on and off and 3 clicks will lock the + and - buttons. If you hold the 2 adjustment buttons together you can access the different modes. Smart vw, vw, vv and default, which I assume sets it back to how it is out the box. There's no bypass mode on this.

It has a 2000mah internal battery and goes up to 40w.

The screen is quite basic but then with the functions available and the styling of the mod it doesn't have to be all singing and dancing. It just needs to be there.

20200624_104808.jpg

The mod will take up to 22mm tanks and although I don't have one to try I did pop a 23mm rta on it for a shot. There was a slight overhang but it wasn't too hideous. My tanks are all set up to fire at about 40w so I cranked the power up to max and had a shot. The poor wee GTX One couldn't cope and the draw was a bit insipid but then it's definitely not built to go full power with a dtl tank on it so I didn't pay any heed to that.

20200624_104418.jpg

The star of the show on this kit is definitely the tank. It takes the GTX coils and works well with the 1.2 normal, 1.2 mesh, 0.8 mesh and the 0.6 mesh. Use any of the lower ohm coils and the mod would struggle imo but it shines with these ones. You only get the 1.2 mesh and the 0.8 with the kit but vaporesso sent me some 1.2 normal and I bought a pack of 0.6 myself.

Now I love quite a restricted lung hit and while the tank is set up for mainly mtl you can get a really good restricted dtl on it as well with any of the coil options. The airflow is smooth and adjustable. I do struggle with mtl as it irritates my airways but for some reason the vaporesso devices I've tried all allow me mtl draw quite easily.

20200624_104605.jpg

The 1.2 normal coil is best for a tighter mtl draw. The 1.2 mesh is a touch looser but still gives a really good mtl hit and pops out a surprising amount of vapour on restricted dtl. The 0.8 is looser still on mtl and gives even more dtl and the 0.6 is the sweet spot for myself. It's comparable to my rtas set up for about 25w.

The flavour is superb on all coils and I can see myself using this quite a lot. It really is a great mtl device and tank and I might just mix up some high strength nic salt juice and keep it for when the pubs open again, using the normal 1.2 coils.

The dry hit prevention system Vaporesso have works well and ive not had a dry hit yet, despite using 70vg 30pg in all the coils.

Another small thing I noticed is that if you click the adjustment buttons the watts go up or down by 0.1 but if you hold it then the watts go up by 1 so it's good for fine tuning or for just going up by a watt a time. As someone who just wants to go up a watt at a time this was quite a welcome feature. Most of the mods I have just fly through the watts or part watts and it's hard to quickly get where I want.

In all this kit would suit someone who wants a simple, effective device that you can use either for mtl or low power restricted dtl.

Great review @Gitchy . Thanks for sending me a kit. Will add my thoughts when I've tried out a few coils. Am liking it already though.

Hey

Great review matey. Sorry, i didn't read this till now as i don't like to read reviews b4 i do my own lol.

Great little kit!

Dee x

nice review, I'm eyeing one of these up for my wife as she likes a restricted lung hit with a bit of throat tickle, she is so picky so I'm hoping this might hit the mark for her... :)

nice review, I'm eyeing one of these up for my wife as she likes a restricted lung hit with a bit of throat tickle, she is so picky so I'm hoping this might hit the mark for her... :)

I liked the 0.6 coils best myself but the 0.8 you get with the kit is good for restricted dtl as well.

Great kit for out and about that should suit most styles of vaping. Personally I really like it for MTL with the standard 1.2 Ohm coil. Nice tight draw and great flavour.

I'll keep an eye out for a really good price... the more I spend on her the less I can spend on myself haha (only joking, she's alright) :)

Back
Top Bottom