What's new

Vaporesso Gen Nano

Gitchy

Achiever
@Vaporesso very kindly sent me this to try out.

20200802_135222.jpg

The Vaporesso Gen Nano Kit.

https://store.vaporesso.com/products/gen-nano

In the box you get:

1 x GEN NANO MOD
1 x GTX TANK 22 (3.5ml)
1 x GTX 0.2Ω Mesh Coil
1 x GTX 0.6Ω Mesh Coil
1 x Glass Tube (2ml)
3 x O-ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x GTX Coil Reminder Card
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card

This is the smaller, internal battery, version of the Gen S. And it is quite a bit smaller. Surprisingly it has the same chipset in it so all the functions of the bigger mod are there. Quite impressive.

20200730_171557.jpg

I'm just going to copy and paste the functions from my other review of the Gen S as they are just the same.

Pulse mode - this mode 'pulses' the coil every 0.02 seconds to give a more even draw. It really does work well to give that little bit more flavour and vapour.

Power eco - I assume this helps save the battery. It results in a little less intensity in the draw but could be useful if you're caught outside on low battery.

Smart tc - This is what it suggests. The mod recognises what type of material the coil is made of and adjusts accordingly.

DIY mode - has it's own sub menu. There's VW mode, you can choose between soft, normal or hard. VT mode, which is the usual tc mode where you can select coil material and adjust wattage and temp to suit. VV mode for voltage adjustment if that's how you roll. CCW mode for adjustment of the power curve if you wish. Bypass mode. Super Player mode, this lets you open up the resistance range of the mod for use of rdas etc (although why you'd build a coil at 0.03 ohms I don't know, also 5 ohms at the other end?).

But there's more. There's a system set menu which lets you change the brightness, reset the puff counter, turn on smart VW which will automatically set the wattage when you change a coil, turn on auto eco mode which turns eco mode on at about 30% battery power, flip the screen, return to default settings and finally a setting that lets you check what firmware you're on.

20200730_172937.jpg

Thoughts.

The Nano is a great wee mod. Battery life is actually very good despite it only being 2000mah. I managed to use it for well over a day, vaping at 40w. I dont chain vape mind you but I'm still impressed as it was my main concern before using the mod. This was also without using the auto eco mode that kicks in when the battery is low as you can turn that off in the settings.

I also learned how to use tc this week and the auto tc is ok but I did prefer the normal tc mode as I like a cooler, less intense vape than the mod set up for me. You can change the temp on auto tc though.

The wattage goes up in increments of 5w. This is fine for me but those who like to fine tune for mtl might find it a little restrictive.

Vaporesso have put in a nice feature on the Nano. There's a 'best wattage' notification on the screen which tells you (obviously) what the best wattage for the coil you're using is. This was great with the gtx coils and even worked with one of my rtas, pretty much nailing the wattage range I like to use it at. I'm surprised this isn't also on the Gen S as it's a nice little addition.

You also get the gtx 22 tank in the kit. It's a dtl tank but you can mtl if you pretty much close off the airflow. I would suggest getting the gtx 18 tank for mtl though as it's set up for that better. The gtx 22 also uses the gtx family of coils so there are plenty of options. To fill you have to screw off the top, which I have seen others note as an issue but I personally prefer it. I use rtas and none of them have a slide to fill cap so it's what I'm used to and there's no chance of it sliding open in a bag or pocket.

I used the 0.2 first and that's a nice open vape at around 50-55w. It was just that wee bit much for me with the juice I use though so I tried the 0.6 you get in the kit and that was perfectly restricted and gave a good amount of vapour, along with pretty decent flavour. My personal sweet spot with this tank is the 0.3 coil. I bought myself a pack as you don't get it in the kit but it is spot on for me at 40w with the airflow half closed. Very similar to how I set up my single coil rtas.

20200802_104218.jpg

I like the Gen Nano, really like it. I dont have an issue with internal battery mods as I have a few mods that I've bought with externals and always have one at hand when the battery has run out. The only niggle I have (and this is purely personal to me) is that it's just a wee bit too light. I like a bit of heft in a mod. It won't stop me using it though and it will become my latest mod to take out when I leave the house. I cant see that changing soon.

Nice review.
As you, OI would also recommend having a spare GTX18 tank for MTL.
The purple looks fantastic!

Great review @Gitchy as always.

Love this mod, looks awesome in purple.

100% agree on the gtx18 tank, looks good too. 0.8 coil and some wild roots 70/30 juice yum!

20200802_124828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom