What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaporesso Aurora Play

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Just like buses for these then

Thanks to @Vaporesso for sending over the Aurora play kit

What is the Aurora play kit, the AP kit is a ……… wait for it ;) another pod system, seems like these are the most common devices at the minute every company is dropping these what feels like every week. Is it just the same old thing again or does it offer anything different?
APkit1.jpg

(kit contents, device and pod, spare pod, refill bottle, usb cable & manuals)

The Ap is a user refillable pod system. A little different in terms of looks to the usual pod system these look like the good ol zippo lighters with there flip top design. Measuring 80mm x 46.5mm x 16.7mm

The pods are utilising vaporesso’s ccell coils coming in at 1.3 ohms and using what they are calling the “PTF” aka the push to fill system, which is a little valve that funnily enough you just push your bottle into and squeeze
aurorapod.jpg

The AP is a draw activated device with the closest I’ve used to a passable mtl but will still be a little loose for those hardcore mtl vapers

Nowhere in the manual does it mention vaporesso’s mini omni board, but I’m assuming that is what they are using as operates pretty much identically to their other pod system, the zero, released under the renova brand. A small button located on the side above your power/battery level led and usb charge port, is your on off button, 5 presses is on/off and 3 presses will change your power level. High is green at 12.5w, medium 10.5w and low is red at 9w. The lights will also let you know how your battery is doing, green is full, blue is half, and red is find a usb and charge it, which will only take you 45 minutes to charge the 650mah battery
APkit2.jpg

My thoughts on using this, the same as the renova zero, it vapes pretty much identically and the coils used offer decent flavour, as always pod longevity is going to vary massively on the juice you vape, I do prefer the the drip tip on the AP though, it’s a proper drip tip instead of the “mouthpiece” on most pods. The filling method is also a welcome return, easy and quick, not messy like some, I did have an issue with the valve on the first pod, not being able to refill it after a couple of fills, could just be my heavy handiness though and I really appreciate the fact they include a spare pod in the kit

The form factor is also really nice, and you’ll find yourself playing with it, if you don’t put it down, flicking that lid just like a zippo

I would like vaporesso to try and figure of way of using a mesh coil in these, as a couple other pod systems are doing and maybe some other finishes as currently I think there is only 4, a rainbow, copper, an engraved and this one the brushed, maybe some type of rubberised, grippy paint type finish

A solid pod system

Thanks again @Vaporesso

(I Think these are due to be released at the beginning of April, so would expect to see them online for a pre order soon and delivery around mid April)

Back
Top Bottom