What's new

Vapefly Jester RBA Edition Review

another great review i was looking at the pasito but after reading your review i think this one is more for me better flavour and easier to build on its a win win :)2

@Vapaneezer Scrooge the design has kind of grown on me but yes my initial reaction when I opened the box was WTF!
I think healthcabin just grab a random box off the shelf when they send me items to review, either that or they pick a box from the largest pile i.e. the colour/design that isn’t selling :P I’m willing to bet I’ll either get sent a rainbow or gold version of the new smok stick 80w that they’re sending out for review, can’t complain though they’ve always been helpful in my dealings with them and I’m greatful for the samples.

My Silver RBA version arrived today, it's a lot better than it looks, it's a full metal finish with carbon etched pattern and not the tacky plastic carbon effect I half expected.

It feels more expensive, I would have preferred a matt silver metal finish, the Pod is still dark though.

Hi @Vapaneezer Scrooge.
Thanks for the review. Sounds like such a top little device I couldn’t resist ordering one.

This will be my first mtl aio/pod rda and I was looking for some recommendations on the wire & build for good flavour?

Cheers :goodjob:

Hi @Vapaneezer Scrooge.
Thanks for the review. Sounds like such a top little device I couldn’t resist ordering one.

This will be my first mtl aio/pod rda and I was looking for some recommendations on the wire & build for good flavour?

Cheers :goodjob:

Thanks @MrLizard :)

The Ni80 wire that comes with it is pretty good but I actually found simple 28 awg round wire Kanthal better, the slower ramp up suits it better.

It's a good choice as a first AIO as it's the easiest atty I own to build and wick plus easier to inspect without stripping it down.

Wicking wise, the long method I use works better than the shorter dam type and never leaked on me, I saw DJLSB do the short version so I tried that and it was over-saturating and leaked.

Good thing is you also get a normal coil pod which is handy to swap over flavours.

Thanks @Vapaneezer Scrooge :D

I’ll pick up some 28 AWG Kanthal wire for it.
What coil ID can you sensibly go up to on the Jester RDA (2.5 - 3mm?), and how many turns would you suggest as a starting point? ...I’m conscious about not being able to read the ohms on the RDA so looking for a good starting point for a 1ohm’ish build.

Cant wait for the silver beauty to arrive now :2thumbsup:

I caved in and ordered one with the FT discount code. Bought some of there pre-built coils to go with it. It’s shipped. Looking forward to this one arriving.

Thanks @Vapaneezer Scrooge :D

I’ll pick up some 28 AWG Kanthal wire for it.
What coil ID can you sensibly go up to on the Jester RDA (2.5 - 3mm?), and how many turns would you suggest as a starting point? ...I’m conscious about not being able to read the ohms on the RDA so looking for a good starting point for a 1ohm’ish build.

Cant wait for the silver beauty to arrive now :2thumbsup:
2.5mm diameter is about right, 3mm would be pushing it and you would need to thin the wick, for a 1ohm build you are looking at 6 wraps plus legs at 2.5mm diameter.

I do around 7 or 8 wraps ( around 1.2 and 1.4 ohms with legs) which is the sweet spot for me, you can still safely have a play around by adding or removing a wrap to see what suits you but I would say 8 wraps 2.5mm at 1.4ohms is a good starting point, spacing is optional and found little difference.

I just wing it as I'm used to making micro coils but Steam Engine is a great tool if you want to see what a wrap or two does:
http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html#

My jester'rebuild is leaking. Do u have any suggestion about it? It leak between the coil-cotton and the plastic cover. Sometime is hexagon (on the bottom).
I dont know which coil is better, how many wrap?
Pls tell me if you know anythin. Thanks

Nice review thanks. Mines just arrived from Everzon. 9 days from ordering to my door, pretty amazing considering what is happening right now! Oh and all for £11.90 inc delivery!

Attachments

• B5D00F72-5E73-4747-955D-1BBF524DD091.jpeg
    B5D00F72-5E73-4747-955D-1BBF524DD091.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom