What's new

VapeFly Galaxies 30w Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Vapefly Galaxies 30w Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Sourcemore and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20210624_131705 (2).jpg

Is it a pod? Is it a mod? Oh heck, I don’t know, but awww, it’s so cute. It’s so ickle and dinky, saying anything bad about this is going to be like shooting Bambi’s mum. And nobody wants to be that guy, do they?

Her doe eyes, the fluffiness, the pricky-up ears. How could anybody do such a thing?

Fortunately for Vapefly, the Galaxies 30w kit isn’t a cute deer and doesn’t have any of those attributes - it’s all rubber-coated aluminium - but it’s still cuteness personified, and although I won’t have the difficulties criticising it like I would with a Disney character favourite, I’m still in a battle to be objective.

Not that I really want too.

I love Bambi, and his Mum, and I love this kit too.

It’s so tiny and perfectly formed it’s hard not too. Even the hardest hearted amongst you must appreciate a guilty pleasure. It’s like Kylie Minogue or Rick Astley, you know you love them really!

It may not pack the biggest punch, but then it’s not designed to. At only 5-30w, it’s squarely aimed at beginners and the MTL market.

But then, everyone’s got room for a little variety in their lives, haven’t they? Variety is the spice of life and all that - and if you're looking for something a little different you might have just found it here.

Bonsai trees and chocolate liqueurs have their place as much as great oaks and fine bourbons after all.

IMG_20210624_131959 (2).jpg IMG_20210624_132013 (2).jpg
IMG_20210624_131820 (2).jpg IMG_20210624_131846 (2).jpg

I’m not even going to make excuses for liking it though. I’m not embarrassed by it at all.

I like small palm sized mods and was looking forward to receiving this one enormously - and this must be amongst the smallest around, there’s none more palm sized than this.

So when @Sourcemore offered me the chance to review one I wasn’t disappointed.

When it arrived, it was everything I saw in the pre-delivery build up and more.

It was even tinier than I’d expected at just 24.75 x 34.88 x 54.3mm [minus the 24mm tank], and I mean tiny! I can’t emphasise this enough. It was light, side-filling, bottom air flowing and colourful - coming in a nice range of Blue, Brown, Pink, Black and Black tones.

It was rubberised and IP67 rated too, coming with a nice textured coating, with tactile wrap-around grips and water, shock and dust proofing, supposedly making it all rather robust and utilitarian...

I’d still feel guilty about giving it any abuse though even with all that armour.

It’d be like letting Bambi’s Mum off with a black eye and taking her paintballing rather than hitting her full-bore in deer season. Animal cruelty is bad enough let alone torment and murder.

That said, this isn’t a cuddly toy, it’s a vape device and it is designed to be used. So how well does it do that?

Well I am pleased to report it performs very well.

As a pod/mod device it is largely formulaic in design but the 510 tank base screws to the mod nicely and the non-magnetised, bayonet fitting, fully moulded pods hold well. The rotation of the airflow control ring also does a decent job of adjusting the airflow.

You get a satisfying range of draws, from a tightish-MTL to an RDL, and plenty of fine tuning in between.

IMG_20210624_132430 (2).jpg IMG_20210624_132712 (2).jpg

The one problem I have had with it though is with the nagging idea of it belonging to a flawed genre, not the device itself.

Now, it’s not fair to hold this particular device accountable for an entire genre but I feel I have to point out that a changeable 510 tank surely negates the point of it being IP67 rated in the first place.

While the device and the pre-packaged pod may be IP67, whatever you put on it surely won’t be and you’ll effectively shoot yourself in the foot, although that’s better than shooting Bambi’s Mum I suppose, even with a paintball gun!

That said, I’m here to judge the pod in front of me, not what you may do with it after you’ve bought it, and in that respect it seems robust and capable of everything it claims.

From the softly textured coating to the rubber plugged Micro-USB charging port on the side, everything seems to have been taken care of, and even the bayonet-fitting, fixed drip-tip pod seems unlikely to break.

At only 2ml capacity though you’ll be taking it on and off once or twice so that’s a great boon.

The 950mah battery does nothing to dispel the perception of this being an entry level device either and even with light use you're going to need to charge it frequently or you're going to run out of juice on both counts - but that’s clearly just to keep the size down - and that it does.

On the plus side though, it does perform all its duties perfectly. It does everything you’d expect of a small device and more.

It excels on many.

Not only does it have the standard features of a pod, it has many of a fully fledged mod too.

It’s well equipped with a bright monochrome display, and stacks a plethora of information for you to garner your eyes on such as your wattage, battery level and resistance, plus it includes an option for bypass mode in the sparse menu too.

IMG_20210624_132332 (3).jpg

Five clicks on, five clicks off powers it on and off and the settings can be locked while still allowing the fire button to still work. All three buttons are nicely weighted and the parallel selectors below the screen scroll through your options well.

You also get a nice range of protections to keep you safe and offer you peace of mind too.

Low power, short-circuit, overcharge, over-current, over-temperature and a 10s cut-off are all there, and easily bail out the absent minded amongst us.

Who vapes at longer than 10s I’ll never know, but I guess it’s to protect us against pocket firing rather than ourselves.

The coils here are also a bonus too.

These are the FreeCore G-Series Coil 0.8 and 1.2 ohm affairs of the range, and offer you a nice choice of MTL and RDL vape between them.

The flavour and vapour production from both is deeply satisfying too and it’s rumoured there are more in the pipeline, so if these are not to your pleasure, the next releases might be.

Only the bag of O-Rings, USB charger and the instructions are the other things to mention in the decently weighted box, but that’s all you’re going to need anyway.

IMG_20210624_133115 (2).jpg IMG_20210624_132917 (3).jpg

The real success story here is the quality of the vape Vapefly have got from something so small though - and as I vaped it, I realised it was quite an odd experience, one between a regular mod and a pod kit, but it was one that I ultimately acclimatised to very well and enjoyed thoroughly.

I was soon in the swing of it. Firing was instant and the draw superb.

This really does feel somewhat of a hybrid device between pods and mods, even more so than other pod/mods on the market - and in doing both aspects so well, it feels like Vapefly have made a new market of their own. It really does feel very natural.

All in all, this is a glorious, and niche filling little device that’s done everything I’ve wanted it to and more - and it’s performed all its tasks with gay abandon. Hand on heart, it’s had me spinning around, doing the locomotion and feeling it was made especially for me.

Vapefly have made something very special with this Galaxies 30w kit and I feel lucky to have found it, I now just hope it gets the attention and uptake it deserves.

I’m sure it won’t let me down, as I certainly won’t give it up - and neither will I on Bambi or his Mum.

This little mod could make for a changed ‘man’ of many of us and give you the chance to practice more basic or stealth vaping all while maintaining the ability to go a little further - and at this price point it offers a little more than the others on the market, and for such a limited outlay it’s worth a go, even if just for the novelties sake. You’ll certainly get the looks!

If you want one you can get one from @Sourcemore here for the special price of $26.48 using the code: GALAXY.

IMG_20210624_133010 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Great review fella! Not really one for me but looks a great starter kit. Oh and chocolate liqueurs have absolutely NO place in a civilised society :D

Great review fella! Not really one for me but looks a great starter kit. Oh and chocolate liqueurs have absolutely NO place in a civilised society :D

Thanks @ForestMagpie. With the 510 this is actually a great little mod for stealth vaping even if you don't like pods. It just so easy in the hand.

As for the liqueurs, I'm teetotal so I have nothing to do with them, but some people seem to like them! Anyway, they're a bit Christmassy so they have a small place at least...

Thanks @ForestMagpie. With the 510 this is actually a great little mod for stealth vaping even if you don't like pods. It just so easy in the hand.

As for the liqueurs, I'm teetotal so I have nothing to do with them, but some people seem to like them! Anyway, they're a bit Christmassy so they have a small place at least...
I have enough stealth vaping devices but it does look good and I'm glad it has a 510 but 950mah wouldn't last me the day.
People do like them but they are wrong.

Great review mate. Looks to be a really decent bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom