What's new

Vandy Vape "Jackaroo" 70w Pod Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Vandy Vape Jackaroo Pod Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device sent to me for review by @Sourcemore and is not affiliated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are entirely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20210321_130407 (2).jpg

It’s not often you get to review something that meets all your criteria, but today I feel I might be doing just that.

Of course criteria is an entirely subjective matter and everybody's requirements are different but when I saw the spec sheet of Vandy Vape’s new Jackaroo pod kit it seemed to meet all mine perfectly and I knew I’d have to try one.

On the face of it, it had everything I wanted, a small form factor, MTL draw, 4.5ml (or 2ml TPD) top-fill pod, 2000+ (2200) mah battery, adjustable airflow, USB Type-C charging, IP67 waterproofing, and an optional RDTA deck.

It seemed so good in fact, I even forgave it it’s rather silly name. Goodness knows what possessed Vandy Vape to choose it.

According to Wikipedia a ‘Jackaroo’ is an Australian term for a trainee cattle or sheep farmer and originates from a cross between a Jack of all trades and Kangaroo.

Jack of all trades I can perhaps understand because it does have IP67 water and shock proofing, but what on earth does sheep farming have to do with it?

I seriously hoped this pod wasn’t mutton dressed as lamb and I wouldn’t have to put it to the slaughter.

Fortunately it wasn’t and it mostly lived up to my expectations.

As soon as I got my hands on it my hopes were met and I suspected I was going to like it. It fitted my soft, petite little paws well, and as soon as I’d decided whether I’d thumb or finger fire it, and I’d become acquainted with the contoured, ribbed shape and crafted - but slightly low - finger recesses, it was almost as if it was sculpted for my dainty little fingers to wrap around.

The buttons were all within easy reach of my finger pads, each placed neatly on the back of the mod in their traditional place.

The metallic, round, silver power/fire button is set just above the large, colourful screen and the identically textured horizontal up/down button set just below it, with the 1.5amp USB-C charging port at the base.

IMG_20210319_124319 (2).jpg IMG_20210319_124402.jpg
IMG_20210319_124605.jpg IMG_20210319_123606 (2).jpg

It comes in a range of vibrant colours - Obsidian Black, Carbon Fibre Black, Carbon Fibre Silver, Black Warrior, Glacier Silver, Sea Cerulean, Aurora Violet and Haze Red - and features a thick alloy shell and soft rubberised surround on the front and sides to give it a solid and sensuous feel.

It might even be the nicest feeling mod I’ve held.

The large, squared, magnetised pods sit atop the mod elegantly with a joint drip-tip and honeycombed airflow ring sat chimney-like at the front, and a large fill port at the back.

The standard pod is for stock coils and comes with the kit, but there is also a separately available rebuildable pod for those that want to tailor their vape to their own tastes or simply save a bit of money.

That one features a large, rebuildable single coil deck and two different top cap options - a one-piece moulded clear cap and a two-piece replaceable tip black one for varying the aesthetics and airflow.

Unfortunately I didn’t get this with my test kit so I can’t tell you how it performs, but if it’s as good as the standard one and the five flavoursome double O-Ringed new coils you won’t have any problems.

As standard these are the new 1.2ohm (7-13w) VVC-120 and 0.15ohm (35-60w) VVC-15, for MTL and DTL vapers alike, but Vandy Vape have also brought out a 0.3ohm (30-45w), 0.6ohm (18-26w) and 0.9ohm (9-16w) coil to offer even more width and distinction.

You’ll need the coil removal tool to change them though, as it’s almost impossible to do it with your fingers. If your juice leaks from this it must be made from lava, and the mod isn’t quite powerful enough for that.

The 5 - 70w variable wattage will provide decent heat though and the multiple inbuilt protections such as short circuit, overcharge, overload, low battery and ten second cut-off from the proprietary new chip will cover you from all but the most calamitous of transgressions.

The bright and vibrant display offers a large, clear font and decoratively changes colour to reflect the type of pod you have fitted, illuminating in green for the stock coil pod and blue for the rebuildable.

The large, white text is nicely legible, and encircles the wattage in a brightly coloured ring, stacking the volts, ohms and puff counter in a laddered style below it. The battery indicator and lock symbol are in a small White font at the top.

The usual five clicks of the power button turn it on and off and the settings are changed by holding down the + and - button and pressing fire to select. There aren’t many to choose from though and it’s all pretty basic. Puff counter reset and firmware version are pretty much it.

IMG_20210321_130119 (2).jpg

In use the Jackaroo has been a pleasure, it’s been completely unproblematic and met all my meagre needs with aplomb. The range of airflow goes from tightish MTL in the fully closed position to a quick RDL and near DTL with one or more holes open, and the flavour has been broad and full throughout. The vapour production is more than sufficient too.

It employs a clever airflow system that makes for a creamy vape despite the air current having to travel a little to get to the coil.

This involves channelling the air down the front of the pod through a hollow and allowing it to enter the coil from underneath between two tightly sealing O-Rings in a dry second chamber.

This has no adverse effect on either noise or vibration and makes for a wonderfully smooth vape and leak proof design. You could say it’s as silent as a lamb.

IMG_20210319_123726.jpg IMG_20210319_124846.jpg
IMG_20210319_124816.jpg IMG_20210319_124922.jpg

On the whole this is a lovely kit to use.

It’s got sufficient power for all but the most hardcore of users and the battery should last all day unless you really push it.

Chain vapers and low resistance users will almost certainly need a top up but MTLers should be fine.

As it’s an internal battery only, you're going to need to be near a charging socket though as there’s no means to change it

At 2200mah it also means the mod is kept reasonably small and light.

It only weighs in at a miniscule 130g and occupies 108 x 25.6 x 40mm in size.

Being so ruggedly built, shock and waterproof it’s also perfect for a clumsy clot like me, and should enable it to easily withstand all but the most serious of accidental drops and knocks I frequently subject my mods to.

No harm has come to it yet despite me lugging it around and it’s easily stood up to all the rigors and abuse I could throw at it without anything scuffing or shearing off. There’s been nothing woolly about this mod!

Vandy Vape has clearly gone to a lot of trouble with the build of this kit and it shows.

They’ve displayed it in a relatively VOOPOO-esq style, in a sleeved, un-topped, foam lined, black medium weight box that’s aesthetically pleasing to the eye and has a nice typeface and well designed gold decal on the front.

It would have been nice had they sought to include the rebuildable pod in the standard kit but unfortunately this is only available as a separate addition.

In the box you only get the mundane paraphernalia and peripherals as is the norm like the coils, USB-C cable, coil removal tool and paperwork bumf, but regardless of this, its sheer potential and versatility stands it ahead of most of its competitors in most other respects.

IMG_20210319_123923.jpg

So all in all, it’s met most of the high, preconceived hopes I had for it and it hasn’t left me bleating.

The Jackaroo certainly isn’t for the chop yet and that’s something ewe can believe, I won’t be putting this mod down anytime soon (unless I drop it).

If you want one you can get one for a discounted $23.39 from @Sourcemore here by using the code: VVJP and you’d be bah-me not to use it.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-jackaroo-pod-mod-kit.html

IMG_20210319_123221.jpg

IMG_20210319_123456.jpg

Last edited:
A great review baaing the fact that you didn't get the rebuildable mate.

Nice share @Astral
I like this one, I like what Vandy Vape is developing recently. Top Airflow Pod/mod, thats a real inflection point.
This one looks very nice. Thanks mate.

A great review baaing the fact that you didn't get the rebuildable mate.

I'll likely but one when it comes out @rew, but it doesn't look like it'll be released until the end of the month so it's going to be a while yet, but I really don't understand why they can't do it all together. It's plainly ready.

I'll be interested to see what the airflow is like too. I hope they haven't reverted to the norm and ignored the MTLers. There's a lot of potential in this lit if they get it right. They've potentially got a real winner on their hands.

I'll likely but one when it comes out @rew, but it doesn't look like it'll be released until the end of the month so it's going to be a while yet, but I really don't understand why they can't do it all together. It's plainly ready.

I'll be interested to see what the airflow is like too. I hope they haven't reverted to the norm and ignored the MTLers. There's a lot of potential in this lit if they get it right. They've potentially got a real winner on their hands.

Airflow will almost certainly be for RDL I think.

Back
Top Bottom