What's new

Uwell Whirl S Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from Uwell the whirl S starter kit. This was very kindly sent to me from Healthcabin.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Healthcabin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit...

The Whirl S is the latest edition to Uwells starter kit range. These are made mostly for MTL vapers as a reliable solid starter kit option. It's a very simple device which makes it more appealing and the coils are made for a tight Draw and decent flavour.
The kit comes in 4 colour options and I recieved the rainbow variant.

Screenshot_20210904-081916_Samsung Internet.jpg

What's in the box...

• 1x Uwell Whirl S Pen Kit

• 1x User Manual

• 1x Type-C Cable

• 2x 0.8ohm UN2 Meshed-H Coil

Screenshot_20210904-081916_Samsung Internet.jpg

Specs....

• Dimensions - 122mm by 20mm Diameter

• Internal 1450mAh Rechargeable Battery

• Wattage Output Range: 18W

• Resistance: 0.8ohm

• Stainless Steel Chassis Construction

• Dual Firing modes

• 2mL Tank Capacity

• Press and Twist Top Fill Cap System

• Stainless Steel Tank Construction

• Press Fit Coil Installation

• Coil Locking System

• Adjustable Airflow Control Ring

• MicroUSB Port

The mod...

This is Whirl S is an upgraded version of the popular Whirl AIO starter kit. It's made completely of stainless steel, is lightweight and comfortable to hold. It has very minimal branding on with Whirl S etched in the front.

16309358734813519561095176572934.jpg

It has a fire button on the front which has a led strip around to indicate the battery level using the usual Green, Blue and Red. The battery is an internal 1450MaH which is a great size for a small mtl pen style device and with the coils provided easily lasts all day and more. When it does run out of battery the device is supported by Type C fast charge and this is located nicely on the back of the device.

16309359384613116307025875721095.jpg

It's a very simple device with no thrills it's 5 clicks on 5 off and uses both button fire or autodraw both which work very well I've had no problems with misfiring and it not working.

16309359714045934823994636890038.jpg

The Tank....

The Whirl S comes with a separate tank which is held in my a magnet and 2 grooves which slot into the main device to stop any movement.

16309360077408532912744961082525.jpg

It's 2ml in capacity but for a mtl tank it's plenty there's 2 small windows in the tank so you can see you juice level and it's a top cap filling method. You simply unscrew the top part to reveal 2 decent sized filling ports. It also has a removal 510 drip tip.

My main niggle about the tank is the way you remove and install the coils. Instead of the usual push and play, uwell have decided to add a little plastic clip which you have to push and then pull out the coil and once the new coil is installed it clips back onto the coil.

20210906_144913.jpg

So far I've had no issues with the clip but after a period of time I can see it breaking or falling off and then the tank is not usable anymore.

Also on the bottom of the tank is a spinner plate which is used to dial in your airflow it's great that device uses Adjustable airflow but on one hand slightly annoying you have to tank the whole tank of each time you want to change but once you've found your preffered spot you can just leave it and vape.

20210906_144931.jpg

I've had no issues with leaking or condensation with this tank which is a great pro.

The coils...

Uwell provide you with 2 coils which is great but they're 2 of the same coils and they are the 0.8ohm mesh coil. Hopefully at some point there will be different variety of coils available in the mtl range.

The Whirl S features a pro focs flavour technology in there coils to provide a better flavour which is denser and more saturated.

I used the coil already installed filled the tank up and let it soak in for a good 10 minutes. As always I Started of using Zeus Juice the black. The draw with the airflow fully open is a loose mtl but the flavour is decent. The more you dial in the airflow the tastier this coil gets I've preffered it almost fully closed to give a great mtl draw with a great flavour.

I've been very impressed with this coil it's lasted over 10 days and the flavour is still there. The addition of the airflow adjustment makes a massive difference here as I feel you can get the draw you want as a mtl vaper so it Caters to every vaper

Pros and Niggles....

Pros...
• Great flavour
• Adjustable airflow
• Small light device
• Great battery life
• Type c charging
• Easy to use
• No leaking issues
• Great coil life

Niggles..
• Clip on coil may break over time
• 2 of same coils provided

Overall thoughts...

Having not used the original Whirl I can't compare but many people have and it has a great reputation as a good starter kit and in my opinion the new Whirl S does not let the brand down. For somebody looking to quit, who wants a simple to use device for mtl this fits all the criteria it's got Adjustable airflow so you can get the vape you want, auto or button fire and great flavour from the coils. This really is a solid kit for a newbie or anyone who wants a easy to carry mtl pen device. I have to admit I wasn't expecting much but have been very impressed by this.

The 2 things I would change is I would get rid of the coil clip and make it a simple push and vape coil and also I would make the adjustable airflow ring be on the side or at the bottom of tank so you aren't removing the whole tank each time.

Scores on the doors...

Flavour- 8.5/10
Vapour production- 4/10
Build quality- 9/10
Ease of use- 9.5/10

As always a massive thank you to sue at Healthcabin for sending me this over for review its very much appriciated. Don't forget to sign in for extra discount at healthcabin to grab this device.

https://www.healthcabin.net/uwell-whirl-s-starter-kit-p/26221.html

HealthCabin is also one of the biggest vape wholesale distributors in China, if you're a vape business owner, just contact them to get competitive wholesale price.

Thanks for reading my review
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20210826_181547.jpg
    20210826_181547.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
Thanks for the review Sam. Sounds good for a stealthy carry around.

Nice review Sam, it's good they're still making proper starter kits. Pods are good but this seems wonderfully retro and a better bridge.

Back
Top Bottom