What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sky Solo From Vaporesso

BigCloud

Veteran
ive been trying to get this review up for a few days but have had the gasboard and plumbers in the house for days ripping out pipework and replacing the boiler and radiators.

i won this in a giveaway competition here on the forum from @Vaporesso and thought id give you all the lowdown on this new bit of kit.
i have not been asked in anyway shape or form to review this item by Vapresso this will be my thoughts and honest opinions on it.

lets kick this off with what you get included in the box

1 x SKY SOLO kit (3.5ml)
1 x User Guide
1 x Warranty Card
2 x GT Meshed coil 0.18 ohm 50-80 watts
4 x O-Ring
1 x USB Cable

IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_239.JPG

The sky solo is a basic starter pen kit with a height of just over 103 mm (4 inches)and comes in four colours silver,,blue,,rainbow and black.
It has a built in 1400mAh battery.
Advanced OMNI Board Mini chip

To turn the Sky Solo on it is the normal 5 clicks to the button and again 5 clicks to turn it back off.

IMG_2390.JPG

It has colour coded lights around the on off switch Green for on and fully charged as you vape the light will go blue as the battery loses power and then eventually red and will need recharging.
It is charged via the USB port and takes 1Hr 15 mins to charge via a USB 3(blue port) and 1HR 35 via a USB 2 (black port) on my PC.

Now to put the coil in is simple place on top of the tube/Mod give it a few turns till its tight in place and your done.
To attach the glass tank push the top lid into the tank and then over the top of the coil now turn as its on a screw thread and locks into the coil and sits onto the O ring on the top of the tube just above the air flow holes,impossible to overtighten.
Sky_Solo.png
coil_1.png

It is a top fill tank and filled via the cut out slot on the top lid and is easy to fill up.

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

Once filled leave for about 10-15 mins for juice to soak into the coil then you are ready to vape away.

The drip tip screws onto the top lid and is a 510 drip tip so cannot be replaced. The underside of the driptip has a rubber seal to prevent leaks.

IMG_2401.JPG

i have used this constantly since receiving it on the 12 january and am still on my first coil it gives great flavour and produces massive clouds...
IMG_2391.JPG
once you hit the button for a vape it responds instantly due to the Advanced OMNI Board Mini chip no misfires to report and its been used alot.This is my go to Mod when im walking the dog as its small and compact its easy to handle and put in your pocket easy to handle whilst driving aswell.

Also Compatible with Vaporesso's GT series coils

This is a great little sub ohm starter mod ideal for a new vaper or a seasoned vaper.

Pros:

Advanced OMNI Board Mini chip
Compatible with Vaporesso's GT series coils
Small Compact

Cons:

Non adjustable airflow
Non interchangeable drip tip
could do with a bigger tank

Rating:

8/10

This would not be something that i would have gone out and bought from a shop,now having used it once the battery packs up i will be buying another one to replace it 100%.
I would recommend this to anybody as a starter Mod or a back up Mod

Cool, you even showed the cloud, nice touch. :thumbup:
Shame you can't adjust the airflow. Im just going by the pictures, is the base of the tank detachable from the mod?

Great review mate like you i use mine everyday too since i got it and the same as you i shall buy another when the battery dies on this one i have too.
As i said mate great review well done mate.........:2thumbsup:...........

Nice job on the review mate, it really is quite nice for what it is, just a shame about the lack of airflow control.

Hi. I recently bought one. But it constantly leaks from the air vents, some times a few drops, other times 1/3 of the tank making a huge mess and wasting expensive liquid. I can't carry this device with me as a daily drive because I needed it to stay vertically 100% of the time for that problem. Did you guys had this issue with yours?

Back
Top Bottom