What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review - Freemax Autopod50

Miss Pepper

Legend
I will start by saying I did receive this free of charge in a competition run on POTV.

This review is also my personal opinion, from my own experience and nothing whatsoever to do with this forum and / or its owners.

On 10 September my name was drawn out the hat and a few messages were exchanged between myself and Freemax, on 28 September the postman handed my prize over :D

Now, I've not had a pod before and honestly had no idea what to expect from it. It looked pretty, seemed to be my kind of thing, appeared to be what I was after, but me and a pod :hmm:

I'm a pretty heavy vaper, I openly admit to chain vaping and have done for years. Due to this there's always an element of doubt for me with mods having built-in batteries. How will they cope, will I get sufficient life out of them, how many will I need to carry on me to get through a day (not a problem at the moment being at home), how long will it take to charge are a few things which run through my head.

I cracked open the box and took everything out to have a look. I smiled, that big happy smile I occasionally do and grabbed the 4ml pod (not measured to see how much I can get in it), topped up with my usual juice (DIY fruit and 88vape's menthol).

Filling up the pod (it's hard saying pod as it is more like a tank), it's a case of flipping the pod upside down, lifting the blue rubber bung and filling the pod, before slipping the bung back in place, removing the sticker on the adjustable airflow ring (fully open for me) and sticking the pod back on the mod. First time I did it, I realised how strong the magnets are as the pod got snatched out my fingers!

I had a look at what I got while waiting for the juice to soak into the wicking material:

IMG_20200928_103242_copy_1459x1094.jpg

Having had mods before with pretty outer casings, I thought it was best to put the protective cover on. Something told me I didn't want to risk damaging it by having it in my bag or pocket.

Five minutes for the juice to soak through and be ready to vape. None of this soak the wicking material while filling the pod, just fill the pod and set aside for a few minutes.

Now, with the 0.25 oHm coil (I never checked what the mod registered it as), the mod automatically sets to 30w when the pod is put back on. The 0.50 oHm (0.48 oHm) coil automatically sets to 20w.
It would be nice if it remembered what setting was last used, but it's only a few clicks of the up / down button to change back to what I like vaping at.

The battery level was 3/4 charged, so I vaped at 20w, decided to try 30w and settled at 25w with the 0.25 coil. This set up was not going to leave my hand and it didn't, until I needed to charge it (new style USB port in the base, as are the battery vent holes). I'm old school and only ever let it run down to 1 bar, before putting it back on charge.

I've not really bothered to clock watch how long I get out of it before charging, nor have I timed it to see exactly how long it takes to charge. Apparently 80 minutes, but I'm not timing it to find out.

On the screen there's a puff counter, goes up to 999 before resetting to 0 and starting again. Remember I said I'm a heavy vaper? Think it's on its 5th lap now, fast approaching 6th.

There appears to be some kind of timer below the puff counter. This counts the amount of seconds vaped, again it goes to 999 before starting over again. I've not bothered looking at that as it's not telling me anything I don't already know.

In the middle it's the watts (when vaping it counts the seconds, before reverting back to watts), decent size and easy to read.

Below the watts are the oHm and volt numbers, then the battery life display.

I do like the size of the drip tip. I like how the air intake section on the pod isn't obvious, unless looked for and isn't overly loud like some tanks can be. It's so comfy to hold, my thumb naturally sits on the fire button (it's also the on / off button with 5 clicks) which makes it easy to use. It's not too heavy either.

I've had the pod full when charging and it doesn't leak, even when on its side.

I've accidentally vaped the pod dry, got one heck of a dry hit, topped the pod up and carried on vaping away as if nothing had happened. I've lost count how many times I have filled the pod, but today decided to change the coil as it was looking grubby and not tasting too nice at times (will take more care to keep an eye on juice levels).

Because I vape clear liquids, I do get quite decent life out of coils. While only having 9 days out of one coil (0.25) is very unusual for me, if I think about how much I do vape and this being a pod rather than my normal set ups, I do feel like I've got good use out of it. I will see how long I get out of the new coil (0.50).

I can't say I'm noticing any difference between the 0.25 oHm and 0.50 oHm.

The manual / instruction guide covers many different countries and languages, there's only really a couple of pages to look at. Writing size is difficult, but that could be my age :54:

Well, here I am 9 days after receiving the Autopod50 and the only time it leaves my hand is to charge, when I eat, sleep and well it's easier for me to say it's more in my hand than not.

There is one negative, one small bugbear with the Autopod50, in what I can only describe as a really good design. Why is the pod so dark! It's very awkward to see how much juice is left in the pod and when filling it up. I have to hold it up to the light to see what's left or turn the brightness up on my phone when filling the pod :17:

Every now and again, something pops up on the market and makes me realise it's not just keeping me off ciggies, it's actually a lovely bit of kit.

This is the first thing that has hit the spot and gave my isticks a run for their money (yup, still got them and they are going strong), only it's better. It's a complete kit; a tank, it's a battery, it's small, it's convenient, it's got an adjustable airflow and it hits where I want to be with vaping. So much so, I've purchased a few more in different colours and picked up more 4ml pods as spares :2thumbsup:

I highly recommend looking at the Autopod50 if you want convenience and a subtle sized bit of kit for a nice price too.

Based on the dialogue and delivery timeframe, I would also recommend Fremax as a company to look at buying from.

@Freemaxtech thank you!

Edit to add - If anyone buys the 2ml version, you may be interested in reading this, for a nice little tip https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...to-4ml-freemax-autopod50.200039/#post-2297128

Nice review Miss P. A proper user experience. Thanks.

Like the review, I also like it.....too much .:2thumbsup:
I would reccomend this to anybody wanting to try a pod.

I was going to wait a while longer, try and get an idea about how long the coils do last, on average, work out the average use time and charge time, but commenting on the what did the postie thread gave it away that I may be favourable of it.

For me, reading reviews from 'real life' people, and their interaction with something, gives a greater insight into how it is. While I don't post reviews much, it shows something has caught my attention.

I'm so pleased that it's not done in more colours I like, otherwise my collection would end up being bigger than what it will be when the third one arrives :D

ah! its true, you won this goldie!

Enjoy, good review there. Well done linking the two threads ;)

Back
Top Bottom