What's new

Navi Pod Mod

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
First off I would like to thank @VOOPOO for giving me this pod to try. I don't often get excited about pods but for once I did as soon as I saw the Navi. So I appreciate the opportunity to try it out. :worship:

I'm not going to do a long in depth review as that's already been done by @DeeDee and @iqon. But I am going to give my opinion and a tiny bit of advice for Voopoo at the end.

I like the Navi. I like it alot. Tha Gene chip is extremely good. The Pod is very easy to use with the settings simple and the instruction manual giving ample instruction. It's a nice size and fits comfortably in my hand. The Pod does have a little bit of a wiggle from side to side and although it's a little bit annoying, it's not excessive and the magnets are strong so the pod is secure and not going anywhere until you intentionally remove it.

The airflow is very nice with 3 way airflow of which one is adjustable. Adjusting it does make a small difference and it is perceptible but it's not a massive difference. One of the air vents is on the back side of the pod where the pod meets the mod. You can reduce the overall airflow a little bit more by simply putting a finger over that vent to stop it drawing air in.

The Pod can be set to use the fire button, draw activation or both. The draw activation works flawlessly. It also has a dedicated rba mode.

There are a lot of coil options with all pnp coils being compatible. The 1.2 ohm ceramic coil is the closest you can get to a true mtl. The 1 ohm coil is a very loose mtl or a restricted direct lung. The remaining options are for restricted DL or DL. Even the 0.8 so called mtl coil is really way too loose for mtl and is far more suited to restricted direct lung.

I received the rba yesterday and was disappointed that there is no 510 adapter to facilitate building the rba. Today I played around with it and managed to build it without any difficulties by using ceramic tweezers to hold the rba base to the prongs in the Navi base and firing the mod. It worked like a charm and I was able to dry burn the coil. However, I think some more thought should have gone in to the rba and a 510 connection via an adapter should have been incorporated like the Mechlyfe rba for the Vinci which is also compatible with the Navi.

The flavour has been outstanding. The 4 coils I've tried so far plus the rba all give amazing, intense flavour. Absolutely first class. I'm thoroughly impressed. Vapour production is also very good.

I *really* like the Navi Pod mod. It is something that I will happily continue to use daily.

BUT....

I do have one piece of advice for @VOOPOO that I desperately hope you listen to. You have focused a lot on the direct lung and restricted direct lung market with your coils. The 1.2 ohm ceramic coil is the only coil that has a true mtl restrictiveness to it. The 1 ohm coil is an incredibly loose mtl. The 0.8 ohm which is called the mtl coil is not really a mtl coil and is too airy. The rba is also a restricted direct lung coil. I have been using the 1.2 and 1 ohm coil for mtl and I have enjoyed it very much but there is an enormous mtl market out there who would like a much more restricted airflow coil option that is not ceramic. The most valuable feedback I can give you is to introduce more coils in to your range that focus on a tighter mtl draw. A mtl rba would also be very nice. If you are unsure of how restricted the coils should be then the 1.2 ceramic coil should be your benchmark. The draw should NOT be any looser than the 1.2 ohm ceramic coil. An rba and a mesh coil option with a draw like the ceramic coil would be an absolute winner. And future rba coils need a 510 adapter.

DSC_0312.JPG

Last edited:
I think the problem with most of the pods and aio's that are being produced is that they are trying to be all things to all men and consequently fail to satisfy everyone, both mtl and dtl vapers.
This is obvious by the fact that they generally include a mtl coil and a subohm coil but the airflow available is either too little for proper dtl or too much for proper mtl.

I think the problem with most of the pods and aio's that are being produced is that they are trying to be all things to all men and consequently fail to satisfy everyone, both mtl and dtl vapers.
This is obvious by the fact that they generally include a mtl coil and a subohm coil but the airflow available is either too little for proper dtl or too much for proper mtl.
Most devices do come with a mtl and dtl coil. Voopoo's problem is their mtl offerings aren't really true mtl offerings - except the ceramic.

They've got so many coils now cross compatible with multiple devices but are lacking in the mtl department. They could snatch up a ton of dedicated mtl vapers with the right coil (s).

Last edited:
But this is where voopoo can be different because they have so many coil options. They can appeal to all markets with more specific coils all being compatible with a do it all, all pleasing pod.
Coil options are all very well, but if the airflow can't match, it is pointless.

Coil options are all very well, but if the airflow can't match, it is pointless.
The baby trio proved that it's not that simple and all about the mod. You can restrict the airflow via the coil. The baby is fixed airflow and all coils except the ceramic are too loose because the coils have huge double air holes. The ceramic coil has one tiny air hole and gives real mtl.

Glad you like it @Mitz , I think it`s a cracker, but yes not a true MTL device. I didnt think I would like it for DTL. But I DO......0.45 coils for me are spot on, tank still to small and battery too small, mine on charge again lol. Went to a mates this morning coz I knew he had a light / magnifier and small clamp and tea on tap. RBA now in spare pod using supplied 0.6 coil and supplied cotton. Does it work yes, but for me not as good as the o.45 coils.......as for pod movement, mine is as snug as a bug in a rug.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @Mitz . A lot of these devices seem to be good for restricted DL, which is frustrated for us dedicated MTL users.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @Mitz . A lot of these devices seem to be good for restricted DL, which is frustrated for us dedicated MTL users.
And we are by no means an insignificant portion of the market. On the contrary - we are a substantial slice of the market. Not only would it benefit us but it would absolutely be in the interests of someone like Voopoo to better cater to us - the more dedicated mtl market.

Last edited:
And we are by no means an insignificant portion of the market. On the contrary - we are substantial slice of the market. Not only would it benefit us but it would absolutely be in the interests of someone like Voopoo to better cater to us - the more dedicated mtl market.

Totally agree. Hope you're feedback is taken on board.

Back
Top Bottom