What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Lost Vape Ursa Quest Multi Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Lost Vape Ursa Quest 100w Multi Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device sent to me for review by @Sourcemore and is not affiliated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are entirely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20210406_153128.jpg

Oh goodness me. Where to start with this one? There’s so much going on here it’s hard to know where to begin.

Traditionally it would be normal to start with a description of the product in question but when I start a review I usually like to ponder what the manufacturer is trying to tell us with the name they’ve chosen first.

As a rule of thumb, the big boys will simply name or number their kits something sensible and the up and comers will try to be more creative.

In this case Lost Vape has gone between the two and chosen to call their new pod kit the Ursa Quest.

This creates mixed images in my mind as Ursa is a serious word that in Latin simply means ‘bear’. Quest is obviously an English word and just means ‘quest’.

The name Ursa doesn’t bring up many connotations in my mind but the major ones are the constellations Ursa Major and Ursa Minor. Brits and American’s know these as the plough and the bigger dipper respectively - the plough being the farming utensil, and ‘the big dipper’ is a ladle for those that don’t know, not a roller coaster.

Oddly though adding the word quest changed the image in my mind from something serious to something starring Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo. So by this point I wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, are they saying their new ‘Bear Quest’ is something stellar or have they made a real Boo-Boo?

IMG_20210406_151418.jpg

All this being said, the Ursa Quest was a kit I wanted to try as I’ve long been on a quest myself to find a pod kit that suits all my needs - that being a pod kit versatile enough for all users, not just high end DTL users and sub-ohmers.

After looking at the spec sheet I wondered if this might be it, I was a little bit sceptical, but it did list two different pods - a UB Pod and a UB Pro - each featuring differently sized coils and fully closable airflow rings, with the first having a 1.0ohm coil and an RBA option available, along with the DTL options such as 0.15, 0.2, 0.3ohm.

The second features a 0.25, 0.3, 0.6, a 1.0ohm coil and an RBA deck of its own.

I was in no doubt that both these pods would both suit sub-ohmers, and I was quickly proved right, but the 1.0ohm coils for both pods and the RBA’s gave me a little hope they would finally offer me the versatility I was looking for.

Unfortunately that wasn’t the case and this is really very much a sub-ohmers device.

Even with the airflow ring fully closed on the smaller UB Pod you’d be hard pushed to say the airflow was anything less than an RDL.

It wasn’t anything like you’d call an MTL but it did tighten somewhat. It wasn’t too dissimilar for the UB Pro pod either. The draw noticeably tightened with the airflow ring closed but it was even less of an MTL than the UB pod.

That said, the smaller UB pod was significantly better for me though as it had my preferred 510 drip tip rather than the UB pro’s 810, but then they are both still removable so the ability to change them was appreciated.

Another advantage of this kit is that it comes with a 510 adaptor included so you can use something else entirely if you want and I could get my MTL after all.

The mechanism for attaching this is rather odd though, with the 510 adapter and pod base being completely interchangeable and one then simply clipping into the place of the other, and the pods or tank screwing on to them, not magnetising like other pod kits.

IMG_20210406_152508.jpg IMG_20210406_152304.jpg

Pleasingly they’ve also made the two pods side-fill to accommodate it so you don’t have to remove your pod from the base every time you want to top it up, making the whole job quicker.

Not that you’ll be doing it too often anyway. The non TPD pods are huge. You get an extremely generous fill capacity of 6ml for the UB pod tank and 7ml for the UB Pro.

If you are a regular vaper like me this is going to last you a very long time indeed and should even last heavier sub-ohmers a while.

IMG_20210406_153747.jpg IMG_20210406_151032.jpg

Another thing that’s potentially going to last you a long time is the battery life - but that’s entirely down to you.

Being an external battery mod you can use a single version of any of the major 21700, 20700 or 18650 batteries you like, and these are all easily inserted in the base by the removal and replacement of a nicely machined screw-on cap. The charging is then taken care of by a handy 5v fast charge system and USB Type-C port on the side.

18650’s will require the use of an adapter though, but as one’s included in the kit that’s no real problem.

IMG_20210406_152148.jpg

Regardless of which battery you choose though, the power should be more than adequate enough to run the 5-100w chipset with ease, and with an output voltage of up to 8v and 35amps, temperatures up to 315℃/600℉ and Kanthal, Nickel, Titanium, SS316 and SS904 coils all catered for, you’re pretty much covered whatever your tastes.

And there’s no need to worry about it from a safety point of view either.

As a regulated mod, there’s a multitude of different usage modes and inbuilt protections to keep you safe such as Wattage control, Voltage control, Temperature control, Variable Power Curve and Bypass Mode to give you a wide range of options and safety precautions.

It doesn’t end there either.

The menu screen is more populated than a NASA terminal and with its Apollo-esq looks it’s probably more attractive than anything NASA has created too, but it’s widish stance doesn’t do much to keep it in an upright position though. A little table wobble is all it needs before you get a little threat of over rotation, and its size is probably comparable to a NASA creation as well.

From the pre-delivery photos I was expecting something big, but in real life it feels even bigger than it is.

At 126mm x 43 x 33 mm and 173g it’s a hefty and substantial bit of kit.

Magnesium construction rather than Zinc would’ve probably helped here I think.

Lost Vape have certainly been very brave in their design of this mod but you could equally think they were indecisive.

Their choice to make it in four different versions - three with leather side panels and one with veneered wood - does lead one to think they couldn’t make up their minds, but then as they are all so attractive the consumer may struggle with this problem too.

The Ukrian, Crocodile and Embossed special edition leather versions all share the same Stainless Steel, Gunmetal and Black colours but the wood ones are Purple Heart, Sandal Wood or Ebony.

The choice is really all a bit overwhelming really and takes some time to acclimatise to.

IMG_20210406_151247.jpg IMG_20210406_150947.jpg

Something else that took a little time to acclimatise too was the box.

I couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed.

It felt more like opening a box of chocolates rather than a high-end vape device.

The unit, pods, 0.15 and 0.2 ohm coils, 510 adaptor, USB-C charging cable, 8 O-Rings and the plethora of paperwork, all sat neatly in their places, but the trays are made from thin vacuum formed plastic rather than anything of substance or quality.

Fortunately all bar the device itself are stashed neatly underneath the device’s main tray so you can at least unpack it in some kind of order.

IMG_20210406_151525.jpg IMG_20210406_151646.jpg

Once you get past this little disappointment though and power it up you are presented with something of a much higher quality - a large, extremely bright full colour 0.69” TFT screen that illuminates brighter than the sun.

Unlike our glorious star though this is at least dimmable and you won’t need sunglasses to use it.

Your wattage, puff counter, ohms, menu lock, three user pre-sets and battery life are all there plus an indication of hard, soft and normal operating modes.

The rest of the instrument panel is populated by four nicely weighted buttons above and below the screen for power and selection, all of which are easily accessible and have a nice tactile quality and feel to them. The USB-C port then sits neatly below these at the base.

All in all the Ursa Quest did turn out to be a rather stellar kit, and it’s certainly more intergalactic than Jellystone.

It wasn’t the MTL device I’d hoped for but with the ability to use an RBA, RTA or stock coil tank it’s still got plenty to offer, and with its nice texture and premium materials it’s also one that Cindy bear should enjoy as much as Yogi - and as for the vape, if a sub-ohmer can’t find satisfaction here they really must have very demanding tastes indeed.

Despite it not really suiting me, this is a quality product from Lost Vape and certainly no Boo-Boo.

My quest may be not quite over but I have no major niggles with this kit, only minor ones, and the only one left grizzling might be Ranger Smith!

If you want one you can get one from @Sourcemore here for a discounted $38.99

Use coupon code: URSA

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-ursa-quest-multi-kit.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the review mate. I like your style.

Thanks for the review mate. I like your style.

Thanks @rew. I appreciate your support so much. You're always one of the first to comment on my reviews and it means a lot to me.

I lack confidence at the best of times and need a bit of encouragement. I stress over them far too much, I should probably do fewer.

I'm never sure about my style or the flow, I often wonder if it's too pretentious or dramatic. They're usually over-written too.

I'm trying to get them shorter but I think I'm failing quite badly on that front!

Thanks @rew. I appreciate your support so much. You're always one of the first to comment on my reviews and it means a lot to me.

I lack confidence at the best of times and need a bit of encouragement. I stress over them far too much, I should probably do fewer.

I'm never sure about my style or the flow, I often wonder if it's too pretentious or dramatic. They're usually over-written too.

I'm trying to get them shorter but I think I'm failing quite badly on that front!

It would be boring if you just stated the facts. I prefer a review that reflects the reviewers personality. Appreciate the effort you put in. Try not to stress over the reviews as you're doing great.

Cracking review mate, well written :clapping:, Pod version of the Grus, suits me just fine as a RDL/DLer.

Cracking review mate, well written :clapping:, Pod version of the Grus, suits me just fine as a RDL/DLer.

Thanks @Squidgy.

It's a cracking kit if it's you're cup of tea, it just isn't mine. You'll love it if it's your thing, the versatility and build of it is great.

Hey there Lovely

Great review, always look forward to reading them. Not foe me this one but well written and an enjoyable read

:10:

Bit late to the party @Astral but this review popped up on my screen for some reason and I bought it on the strength of your review as a DTL vaper. I like your reviews as they give a personal slant to what you are reviewing and are informative without being robot like.
I have been looking for a Pod kit since the Target PM 80's died and think this may fit the bill. Thank you. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom