What's new

Innokin Kroma-Z Pod/Mod.

Astral

Achiever
Innokin Kroma-Z Pod/Mod.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated to Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20201211_184627 (2).jpg IMG_20201211_185107 (2).jpg

Wow, wow, wow and wow again…

Strike me down with a feather.

If this were boxing Innokin wouldn't have just unified the belts in one division, they'd have just won the belts in four different divisions.

They’ve just gone and melded all the best bits from all their other devices and put them into one very complete package

It’s called the Kroma-Z and it’s so good it's almost unfair on everyone else.

It's as if Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, Sugar Ray Robinson and Floyd Mayweather Jr all morphed into one fighter and went into the ring against Jake Paul. There's only one possible outcome, and not even a sucker punch is going to save him.

It's smaller, lighter, prettier, more ergonomic, better designed, sleeker and more curvaceous than all of its competitors - and it's so good it could even beat itself!

Only the more powerful Voopoo Drag comes close, and the extra power of that is the only saving grace there.

The only other things that are going to save its rivals is a good bargain or for some reason you preferring the aesthetics - and there's no accounting for taste.

IMG_20201213_091035.jpg IMG_20201213_091438.jpg

To be honest, this is not a review I even have to do, I won this device in a competition. I’m not being paid to do it and haven’t been asked to. I’m doing it because I want to. I'm under no obligation to anyone to do it at all.

So why spend my time writing this then? Why not just get on with enjoying it?

Well, in short because I wanted to share it with you too.

It’s so good I thought it shouldn’t be a secret and I just wanted to take some time to praise it and tell you how good it is.

I want you to have the same opportunity to enjoy it as much as I have.

When I heard I'd won this device, I was extremely excited, and I mean extremely.

It’s gorgeous… and versatile… and quality. Did I already mention some of those? Oh well...

I was far more excited at winning this device than I’d have been for pretty much any other mod.

Why?

Because of its versatility.

This kit looks the almost perfect set-up for me, and I mean perfect. As an MTLer, it has everything I want and more.

It might only have 6 - 40w of power - but that’s more than enough for me; and it’s tiny in size, extremely light weight, has adjustable air-flow, type-c quick charging, 3 drip tips - two for MTL and one for RDL - it’s ergonomic and tactile, has great graphical interface and screen, clicky buttons and extremely long battery life

3000mah from an internal battery and using an expensive and lightweight material such as magnesium alloy to construct it with is almost unheard of at this level.

And it doesn’t even end there - there’s more... And boy is there more...

The ‘Zed’s’ [or Zee’s if you’re American…] pods are doubly locked in place with both magnets and a front catch. It has smart coil ID and wattage, 0.3 to 1.6 ohms coils, and the pièce de résistance, two under-coil screw-on rings to manually restrict the air-flow in addition to the air-flow control slider. Genius - and so simple it should’ve been done before. It’s not even like it’s a new idea. These things have been on RTAs for years. So why’s it taken so long? Goodness knows.

For me though it’s the official 510 adaptor that makes it.

IMG_20201213_092033.jpg IMG_20201213_092417.jpg

It means you can use the Kroma as a proper mod and tank combo, and not be tied into Innokin’s own pod and coil ecosystem. Way to go Innokin!

This means you’ll be able to use their own terrific Zlide or Zenith stock coil tanks or their absolutely outstanding Ares 2 RTA as I do - it also means you can use any other 25mm-ish tank that takes your fancy.

IMG_20201213_092822.jpg IMG_20201213_093335.jpg

This is no flimsy additional afterthought either. It’s so sturdy it seems it was all part of the plan.

It's held in place so securely by the magnets and catches there’s no chance of it falling off. You’ll only get it off at all with an atty attached and you’ll take your nails off if you try to do it without.

For a modern multinational to brave it and allow people to go outside their own consumables network really is remarkable these days, given it’s probably their primary source of revenue - and completely counter-intuitive to modern business practice

Hopefully putting your customers first might just catch on!

It’s not the only change of direction from them I like either…

At the risk of showing myself up as a bit of a wet liberal, they’ve come out as environmentalists and promise to only wrap their products in paper packaging now to reduce the ecological impact.

Whether this is a PR stunt or genuine environmentalism, I don’t know, and frankly, I don’t really care. They’re doing the right thing and it’s setting a good example, and that all that matters to me.

IMG_20201211_185340 (2).jpg IMG_20201211_185950 (2).jpg

So this really is the perfect little device then?

Well yes, actually. For risk of going a bit overboard, in my eyes it really is.

For the dexterily demure it’s a lightweight pod. For atomiser fans it’s a lightweight mod and for the environmentally conscious it’s a feel good nod to your morals - and most of all it’s not remotely exclusive. It’s abundantly accessible to everyone - both monetarily and usably.

It’s as cheap as chips and only weighs in at 180g with the Ares tank on for goodness sake - and even less at 130g with the 4.5ml [or 2ml TPD compliant] pod.

So then, the wrappings are paper, the box cardboard and the pod... plastic… Oh… so not entirely perfect then…

We’ll just have to view this the perfect opportunity to get everyone back into using atomisers again then, or we’ll just have to give them a pass for their one ecological transgression - because this is a sleek, slender, curvaceous and classy piece of kit and it’s worth doing it for.

The now customary sleeved book style boxes, with securely recessed hardware on one side and the USB cable and paper gubbins on the other is effective.

The six colours - Black, Grey, Midnight Blue, Midnight Green, Pink and White - some with rubberised coating, some without - are tasteful, and it measures only 115 x 39 x 28mm to fit even the pettiest of palms.

It adjusts in 0.5 watt increments below 20w and 1.0 watt increments above it. It has an adjustable puff-duration with a length between 3 and 18 seconds and a screen timeout from 3 seconds to 3 minutes. The power bar even forms the top part of the beautifully flexible display screen.

IMG_20201211_190135 (2).jpg IMG_20201211_190404 (2).jpg

I don’t know what more you could want. I’m not sure there's anything I do. This whole thing just screams quality and it comes at you and slaps you round the face so hard, it’s like that old Tango ad, and almost audibly shouts at you, “You know when you’ve been Innokin’d”

I’ve got a funny feeling this is soon going to be my favourite device by far, and I’m starting to get a little bit of a collection now too!

If you’ve got this on your list of potentials, don’t. Just scrap the list and get one of these. You don’t need to compare this against anything else because it doesn’t. It’s better than its rivals, and better by far.

Last edited:
Thanks for the 'review' mate. You seem to like it a bit.

Thanks for the 'review' mate. You seem to like it a bit.

Does it show that much? Lol.

Perhaps in time I'll find something wrong with it, but in the week I've had it, it's been absolutely faultless.

Frankly, if you like the looks and the spec fits, I can't see a reason not to have one. It's a hell of a piece for the price.

It could only be bettered if they included the 510 connector with it as standard, other than that, I think they've got everything right.

You can certainly do a lot worse than this, I can tell you.

Thank you, and sincerest blessings and warmest wishes to you my ethereal friend.

Hey @Astral, lovely write up and seems like you've found a real winner with this device!! I haven't had a chance to try mine out yet!! How's the MTL draw with the pod?

Nice work @Astral. Do you know which colours have the rubberised coating? I’ll probably end up getting the black anyway but would be good to know, cheers

Hey @Astral, lovely write up and seems like you've found a real winner with this device!! I haven't had a chance to try mine out yet!! How's the MTL draw with the pod?

Hey @Astral

Another well written review with lots of personality. Love it

How's it on MTL?

Dee x

With the choice of coils, the air-flow slider and the two screw on RTA style reduction rings, it's pretty versatile. I guess it's all about how tight you like it really. I can't imagine they can do much more.

It's plenty tight enough for me, but it's all going to be subjective.

IMG_20201211_222628.jpg

Nice work @Astral. Do you know which colours have the rubberised coating? I’ll probably end up getting the black anyway but would be good to know, cheers

Sorry, but I don't know which are the rubberised ones. My grey one is and it feels fantastic in the hand.

I agree with everything @Astral said having won one on the giveaway I have actually bought another!! The white one doesn't have the rubber finish and I am giving that one to my son. The MTL draw is good but the single hole air screw is too tight for me so I use the other one with the airflow almost closed and it's great. I also bought 2 510 connectors one for me and one for my son but not used mine yet I am still on the same coil I started with.

Nice review Astral. Enjoyed reading that. I couldn't tell if you liked it or not though :p

With the choice of coils, the air-flow slider and the two screw on RTA style reduction rings, it's pretty versatile. I guess it's all about how tight you like it really. I can't imagine they can do much more.

It's plenty tight enough for me, but it's all going to be subjective.

View attachment 234504

Sorry, but I don't know which are the rubberised ones. My grey one is and it feels fantastic in the hand.

Hello, for our Kroma-Z, the color white, pink, midnight Blue and Mdnight Green have the leather style coating at the back. However, the color grey and black have the carbon style coating at the back.

Back
Top Bottom