What's new

Ijoy(less) Diamond VPC Kit hands on review

Bought with my own money hands on review which is based upon my experience and opinions of this POD kit.

Having started using PODs for my Nic Salts I am slowly building up a collection, the Ijoy Diamond VPC Kit looked
perfect, so is it a Diamond in the rough?

For today's review we have the:
IJOY DIAMOND VPC KIT
RRP = £44.99 but you can find it on Ecigone for £24.99:

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/diamond-vpc-kit-by-ijoy
Ecigone are a great supplier with superb customer service (even though I bought mine from Ace of Vapez)

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-6.jpg

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-1.jpg

In this review I will cover:
  • 1 Line Review (For those that can't be arsed to read through)
  • In The Box
  • Filling and inserting pods.
  • First Impressions
  • Lifespan
  • Compared To: Aspire Breeze 2 & Aspire Cobble
  • Conclusion
  • Pros & Cons

One Line Review:
Looking for a great MTL Pod with a nice tight draw and good for Nic Salts? These aren't the droids were looking for!
Score = Meh out of 10
(read on if you want to know why)

In the Box
A great start, this kit comes with plenty of goodies and the actual box is wooden, unbranded and perfect as a storage box for other stuff, nicely packed, first I nabbed the mod and plugged it in to charge while I went through the rest of the contents.
  • 1 x Diamond mod, with 1400mAh internal battery, this has a 510 pin so you can also use it for small MTL tanks - NICE!
  • 1x VPC Unipod
  • 1 x Pod holder, screws into the mod and simply pop your pod in.
  • 1 x Multi pod adaptor to take other brand pods such as Juul and others (more info on that later. NICE
  • 1 x Silicon Pod sleeve which is ideal for spare pods.
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable.
  • 1 x LARGE Ijoy branded Lanyard clip.
  • 1 x Instruction booklet - did I read it? did I fook.
  • Some other bits of paper I also ignored.
Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-2.jpg

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-3.jpg

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-4.jpg

Filling and fitting the Pod
While I waited for the mod to charge I set about filling and priming the pod, this is fairly easy but often a little messy, there's a silicone bung you pull out to reveal a filling slot, this is a tight fit for normal 10ml bottle tips, it's a little fiddly to fill it all the way up without over filling and spilling juice out, pop the bung back in and let it sit for 10 minutes (longer for 1st time waiting for the mod to charge.
(I used my normal favourite Nic Salts 'Got Salts' from Ace of Vapez)

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-5.jpg

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-9.jpg

Fitting the pod is very easy - simply push it into the housing and line up the V notches, easiest fit I've tried.

First Impressions:
So after waiting for the mod to charge (which didn't take too long) and my pod nicely primed I took it for it's first vape, to my dismay it was such a let down! the airflow was way too wide for a satisfying MTL draw and didn't deliver the flavour very well, I looked to see if you could adjust the airflow - nope, nada, the airflow is in the housing and has 2 x 1.2mm holes opposite each other, I tried to cover up 1 hole with my finger while trying to vape which took 2 hands to do, it was a little better but even with 1 hole the airflow was too wide, so I ended up wrapping an elastic band around it to restrict it better, I finally got a tight draw but flavour production wasn't great.

Onto the mod, no complaints about this at all, it's fit for purpose and has settings to suit other brand pods (see photo) and you can adjust the voltage or change it to wattage mode (which I found the best), it feels great, nice looking though it's a little heavy for a pod with it's all metal chassis, it has battery vents at the bottom and the fire button feels natural to locate without looking, it has the traditional 5 clicks for powering on and off, 3 clicks to enter the menu with up & down button.

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-10.jpg

The styling is very nice and as it says on the tin 'Diamond' styled almost everywhere including the fire button, it also features a roll bar for attaching it to the provided lanyard, this is my next niggle, the lanyard is big and too long, also with the weight of the mod it's actually irritating having it on and swaying all over the place when you walk, clearly very little thought went into this and I would have rather they included a belt clip or better still an extra pod.

Ijoy-Diamond-VPC-7.jpg

Lifespan:
Pods seem to last a long time though I can't put a timescale on it as I stopped using it regular after the first 1 week review trial, the battery life of the mod is excellent, it will easily last a day unlike my other pods and the recharge time is pretty quick, around an hour from flat.

Compared to:
Since I only have the Breeze 2 and the Cobble I can only compare to those, putting aside the mods features that the others don't have it's best to compare the vape experience.

Aspire Breeze 2
This was my 1st Pod and my initial impressions weren't good, too airy again, but to my delight you can almost completely close off the airflow for a really nice flavoursome tight draw, it's comparable to that smoking a ciggie sensation, the Diamond doesn't come close to this even with the rubber band bodge it doesn't deliver the same flavour.

Aspire Cobble
I actually bought my first one of these the same day as they were going cheap, I didn't expect much and didn't even bother opening it until later, charged it up which was really fast and shoved in my primed pod - wow! this made up for my disappointment in the Diamond, it's a no button auto draw and it's a near perfect tight draw but the flavour is the best of the 3, it's also very light and pocket friendly it made me dislike the Diamond even more.

Battery life on the Breeze & Cobble is nowhere near as good as the Diamond and it also out performs both with variable Wattage / Voltage, and with it's options of taking other brand pods it starts to shine a bit, also it has a 510 connection so you can fit up to 22mm atomisers on it without overhang, if you want a DTL pod rather than MTL or just prefer an airy draw then this pod might be for you.

However, just when things seemed better as I got used to it's airy draw and not using nic salts it delivered the final straw for me, the pods leak, I have 3 pods with different juices and all 3 leak, also when it's running low you end up with eliquid in your mouth.

Conclusion:
As much as I wanted to like the Diamond there were just too many niggles, so much so this has been one of my worst purchases of 2018, I could put my biased tight draw MTL preference to one side and say it's ideal for an airy pod but with it's lack of flavour and leaking I would not recommend this to anyone.

Would I buy another if it broke? would I f**k!

I have ditched the pods and now just use the mod for 22mm MTL atty's so not a complete waste of money.

Pros and Cons

Pros

Variable wattage and voltage.
Simple menu system.
Battery life.
Plenty in the box.
Takes other brand pods.
Stylish and well designed intuitive fire button.
Fast fitting pod changing.
Good price if you shop around (if you want a meh pod).
510 connection so you can use the mod wit smaller atomisers (no longer a pod).
Nice Box! (fnar fnar).

Cons
VERY airy draw.
Meh flavour production.
Not good with Nic Salts (seemed a waste).
Daft lanyard.
Heavy for a pod system.
Leaks.
I have no chance selling it on in the Classifieds :P

So that's about it, I hope you found my personal experience review helpful, as always comments, corrections and
likes appreciated, all helps motivates me to do more review :)

nice review, and pics,
very thorough,
and yeah,
good luck in the classifieds!!

Bought with my own money hands on review which is based upon my experience and opinions of this POD kit.

Having started using PODs for my Nic Salts I am slowly building up a collection, the Ijoy Diamond VPC Kit looked
perfect, so is it a Diamond in the rough?

For today's review we have the:
IJOY DIAMOND VPC KIT
RRP = £44.99 but you can find it on Ecigone for £24.99:

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/diamond-vpc-kit-by-ijoy
Ecigone are a great supplier with superb customer service (even though I bought mine from Ace of Vapez)

View attachment 181769

View attachment 181764

In this review I will cover:
  • 1 Line Review (For those that can't be arsed to read through)
  • In The Box
  • Filling and inserting pods.
  • First Impressions
  • Lifespan
  • Compared To: Aspire Breeze 2 & Aspire Cobble
  • Conclusion
  • Pros & Cons

One Line Review:
Looking for a great MTL Pod with a nice tight draw and good for Nic Salts? These aren't the droids were looking for!
Score = Meh out of 10
(read on if you want to know why)

In the Box
A great start, this kit comes with plenty of goodies and the actual box is wooden, unbranded and perfect as a storage box for other stuff, nicely packed, first I nabbed the mod and plugged it in to charge while I went through the rest of the contents.
  • 1 x Diamond mod, with 1400mAh internal battery, this has a 510 pin so you can also use it for small MTL tanks - NICE!
  • 1x VPC Unipod
  • 1 x Pod holder, screws into the mod and simply pop your pod in.
  • 1 x Multi pod adaptor to take other brand pods such as Juul and others (more info on that later. NICE
  • 1 x Silicon Pod sleeve which is ideal for spare pods.
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable.
  • 1 x LARGE Ijoy branded Lanyard clip.
  • 1 x Instruction booklet - did I read it? did I fook.
  • Some other bits of paper I also ignored.
View attachment 181765

View attachment 181766

View attachment 181767

Filling and fitting the Pod
While I waited for the mod to charge I set about filling and priming the pod, this is fairly easy but often a little messy, there's a silicone bung you pull out to reveal a filling slot, this is a tight fit for normal 10ml bottle tips, it's a little fiddly to fill it all the way up without over filling and spilling juice out, pop the bung back in and let it sit for 10 minutes (longer for 1st time waiting for the mod to charge.
(I used my normal favourite Nic Salts 'Got Salts' from Ace of Vapez)

View attachment 181768

View attachment 181772

Fitting the pod is very easy - simply push it into the housing and line up the V notches, easiest fit I've tried.

First Impressions:
So after waiting for the mod to charge (which didn't take too long) and my pod nicely primed I took it for it's first vape, to my dismay it was such a let down! the airflow was way too wide for a satisfying MTL draw and didn't deliver the flavour very well, I looked to see if you could adjust the airflow - nope, nada, the airflow is in the housing and has 2 x 1.2mm holes opposite each other, I tried to cover up 1 hole with my finger while trying to vape which took 2 hands to do, it was a little better but even with 1 hole the airflow was too wide, so I ended up wrapping an elastic band around it to restrict it better, I finally got a tight draw but flavour production wasn't great.

Onto the mod, no complaints about this at all, it's fit for purpose and has settings to suit other brand pods (see photo) and you can adjust the voltage or change it to wattage mode (which I found the best), it feels great, nice looking though it's a little heavy for a pod with it's all metal chassis, it has battery vents at the bottom and the fire button feels natural to locate without looking, it has the traditional 5 clicks for powering on and off, 3 clicks to enter the menu with up & down button.

View attachment 181773

The styling is very nice and as it says on the tin 'Diamond' styled almost everywhere including the fire button, it also features a roll bar for attaching it to the provided lanyard, this is my next niggle, the lanyard is big and too long, also with the weight of the mod it's actually irritating having it on and swaying all over the place when you walk, clearly very little thought went into this and I would have rather they included a belt clip or better still an extra pod.

View attachment 181770

Lifespan:
Pods seem to last a long time though I can't put a timescale on it as I stopped using it regular after the first 1 week review trial, the battery life of the mod is excellent, it will easily last a day unlike my other pods and the recharge time is pretty quick, around an hour from flat.

Compared to:
Since I only have the Breeze 2 and the Cobble I can only compare to those, putting aside the mods features that the others don't have it's best to compare the vape experience.

Aspire Breeze 2
This was my 1st Pod and my initial impressions weren't good, too airy again, but to my delight you can almost completely close off the airflow for a really nice flavoursome tight draw, it's comparable to that smoking a ciggie sensation, the Diamond doesn't come close to this even with the rubber band bodge it doesn't deliver the same flavour.

Aspire Cobble
I actually bought my first one of these the same day as they were going cheap, I didn't expect much and didn't even bother opening it until later, charged it up which was really fast and shoved in my primed pod - wow! this made up for my disappointment in the Diamond, it's a no button auto draw and it's a near perfect tight draw but the flavour is the best of the 3, it's also very light and pocket friendly it made me dislike the Diamond even more.

Battery life on the Breeze & Cobble is nowhere near as good as the Diamond and it also out performs both with variable Wattage / Voltage, and with it's options of taking other brand pods it starts to shine a bit, also it has a 510 connection so you can fit up to 22mm atomisers on it without overhang, if you want a DTL pod rather than MTL or just prefer an airy draw then this pod might be for you.

However, just when things seemed better as I got used to it's airy draw and not using nic salts it delivered the final straw for me, the pods leak, I have 3 pods with different juices and all 3 leak, also when it's running low you end up with eliquid in your mouth.

Conclusion:
As much as I wanted to like the Diamond there were just too many niggles, so much so this has been one of my worst purchases of 2018, I could put my biased tight draw MTL preference to one side and say it's ideal for an airy pod but with it's lack of flavour and leaking I would not recommend this to anyone.

Would I buy another if it broke? would I f**k!

I have ditched the pods and now just use the mod for 22mm MTL atty's so not a complete waste of money.

Pros and Cons

Pros

Variable wattage and voltage.
Simple menu system.
Battery life.
Plenty in the box.
Takes other brand pods.
Stylish and well designed intuitive fire button.
Fast fitting pod changing.
Good price if you shop around (if you want a meh pod).
510 connection so you can use the mod wit smaller atomisers (no longer a pod).
Nice Box! (fnar fnar).

Cons
VERY airy draw.
Meh flavour production.
Not good with Nic Salts (seemed a waste).
Daft lanyard.
Heavy for a pod system.
Leaks.
I have no chance selling it on in the Classifieds :P

So that's about it, I hope you found my personal experience review helpful, as always comments, corrections and
likes appreciated, all helps motivates me to do more review :)
:18: Meh out of 10! I like it.
Oh, here's some of those likes you like to get, hope you like them.
images (24).jpg

Back
Top Bottom