What's new

Heavensgifts- Hotcig Kubi Pod Review

Enoch

Achiever
1494556357_3e57ae.jpg

Another entry to the pod series comes from Hotcig, a very reliable company that have been around since around 2013. They have a detailed history, including experience with DNA boards, so how will their vast experience translate into a pod kit?

For the purposes of this review, this was sent to me by @heaven gifts for the purpose of a written review. Link for the product will be below.

So the Hotcig Kubi is an interesting pod device, more so for the design of the pod itself. It doesn’t follow the standard design and for that it stands out somewhat from its peers. Hotcig may not be a name on everyone’s lips in the vaping industry but that is not necessarily a bad thing. They have offered great value products for around 6 years now so it is no surprise to see them enter the pod market. So let’s take a look at Hotcig’s latest pod system, is it worth the praise it has bestowed upon it?

In the Box

· 1 x Hotcig Kubi Refillable Pod Starter Kit

· 1 x Extra Cartridge

· 1 x USB Cable

· 1 x User Manual

· 1 x Lanyard

· 1 x Warranty Card

· I was also send a pack of 4 replacement pods. These are sold separately

Specifications

· Size: 16 x 16 x 87mm

· Battery type: Built-in 550mAh (Battery Chip: 13350)

· Material: PCTG

· Capacity: 1.7ml (refillable)

· Ceramic Coil resistance: 1.8ohm

4y8ghgsel2g21.jpg

About the Hotcig Kubi

The Kubi is a disposable pod style system that comes with 2 pods already in the box. Each pod contains a 1.8 ohm ceramic coil that is fillable via the fill port uncovered via a silicone bung underneath. The pod itself is a 550 mAh internal battery chargeable via USB port found on the bottom of the device. The shape of the pod is more like a cigar style rather than a box style which offers a rounder pod / mod experience. To use the device, simply half turn the pod in and out of the device and lift out with the fill port found on the pod itself.

Hotcig Kubi Pros

The first place to star with something like this is the flavour and to be honest the flavour is pretty good. Using it with standard nicotine liquid and the flavour is strong and bold offering a sharp intake of flavour on the inhale with a consistent flavour through the exhale. Wicking on the coils is pretty good with standard nicotine as well, I found no dry hits using it and as a result, there was no drop in performance. Coil life with standard use for a pod was around 2 weeks a pod which is good going, you only really start to notice a drop before that before the coil tastes burnt. Filling the device is nice and easy via the filling port and the half turn mechanics provide a secure connection without any unclasping.

The mod at around 550 mAh offers pretty good battery life for a small device with regular use giving you around 200 puffs before recharge which isn't bad going. The pod is nice and responsive and charge time is around 60 minutes via USB port which is again quite efficient.

Hotcig-Kubi-Pod-system-colours.jpg

Hotcig Kubi Cons

Now the cons for a device like this is a little more directed at the potential rather than the device itself. The main con for me was that the pod did not perform well with Nicotine salt and the coil life drastically reduced as a result. Unfortunately this is a pod system for regular liquid at around 50/60VG so if you prefer nic salts, this won’t be for you. The size of the battery may be a con for some people with it being only 550 mAh but I think this is designed to be a carry out device rather than an all day device. The device is quite small which again, for some people may be an issue but personally it didn’t concern me.

authentic-hotcig-kubi-550mah-pod-system-starter-kit-black-17ml-18-ohm.jpg

Overall

For the Hotcig Kubi, the way I look at a kit like this is for the intended user rather than as a direct comparison. Despite the limitations of the coil, I think something like this would be ideal for a new vaper who wants something similar to a cigarette in shape but doesn’t want anything too big. Something they can mimic and get a big nic hit without it being too strange is where I would place this. So for the experienced vapers, it will be the design only that appeals but for a new vaper I can see this being a very popular device.

If you want to pick this up, you can do so on the link below for only $19.90

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Hotcig-Kubi-Pod-Starter-Kit.html

Back
Top Bottom