What's new

GeekVape Obelisk 65 FC Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220421_104158442.jpg

The GeekVape Obelisk 65 FC Pod Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/geekvape-obelisk-65-fc-kit.html

The discount code for this one is 65FCK and it brings it down to $42.39 on the Sourcemore site.

The Obelisk 65 FC is the same as the simple Obelisk 65 but with the added bonus of fast charging if you use a PD (power delivery) charger. I have the GeekVape one that I bought when I got the 120 FC mod to review and it does indeed charge the battery very quickly. It takes roughly 18 minutes to fully charge up this device. Unfortunately the fast chargers you buy or get with your phone don’t cut it. You need a big bulky power delivery charger but it is worth it if you like a fast charge and I do, it's very handy.

The kit itself has 2 x 1100mah batteries in it so is 2200mah in total, charged via a USB Type C slot. It is a DL only device, the airflow just doesn’t go small enough for MTL in my opinion. It goes up to a max 65w (funny that) and Has a nice 0.96” colour screen. This device lets you use it as a power bank for other electrical devices. It also has a smart mode for people who want it easy.

In the box you get:
1 GeekVape Obelisk 65 FC Device
1 GeekVape Obelisk 65 Pod (4.5ml)
2 GeekVape B Series Coil (Preinstalled Coil: 0.2ohm 50-80W, Spare Coil: 0.4ohm 25-35W)
1 Coil Tool
1 Spare Parts Pack
1 USB-C to USB-C Charging Cable

PXL_20220421_104330078.jpg

Style wise it’s nicely made. The body is metal with plastic side panel inserts. It’s shaped nicely so it fits your hand well and is reasonably small. I really like the side panels on the one I received, just love the colours, but there are other colours available. The front of the device has the fire button, this one’s got a nice design on it, making it look classier. There is also the 0.96” colour screen and the + and – adjustment buttons. The USB Type C slot is at the bottom of one of the panels on the side so that makes it easy to charge standing up. Branding is subtle enough with GeekVape on the panels.

The pod has top airflow and it can be a little whooshy but nothing annoying, there are no whistles when drawing on it. Filling can be a pain in the arse though as the pods are not that transparent. I find you have to hold it up to the light to see properly but you can see. I have had other GeekVape pods that you can’t see a bloody thing through, I suspect that’s only the 2ml TPD ones though so you will be fine with the ones from overseas like this one. Coils are push fit but they’re in there pretty solidly so the included coil tool is handy here.

There are some good functions on this kit for a pod. You get the usual wattage mode, with smart coil detection so you don’t go over the recommended wattage. There’s a SS tc mode, TCR, VPC and bypass as well. There’s also the function to use the mod as a power bank. You can change the brightness of the screen and lock the wattage as well. I’m not too sure about the SS mode though as all the info I can find suggests the series B coils are all kanthal. Perhaps they either plan to release a SS coil option or a 510 adapter. Maybe I’ve missed something and the SS option is already there. It is nice to see a decent set of functions on a pod system though.

PXL_20220421_104344548.jpg

In use I started off with the preinstalled 0.2 coil. It’s rated from 50-58w and the smart mode autoset at 55w. This was perfect for me so I puffed away quite happily on it. One thing I’m not too keen on with GeekVape pods is that they do have a little plastic taste to them for the first tank or so. I’ve noticed it with others. I can handle that though and once I’d bedded it in a little it had really good flavour and the vapour production was very good, as it always is with the series B coils.

Once I’d had a good shot of the 0.2 coil I moved on to the 0.4, which I use quite a lot anyway in other tanks/pods. It was as good as always at around 30w, slightly more restricted than the 0.2 but still a nice open draw with the airflow fully open. The coils have lasted well at this point. I used the 0.2 for a week and there was no change in flavour/vapour production before I changed it. The 0.4 has been going well but I wouldn’t really know about how that coil’s doing as my missus has appropriated the kit for herself now she knows it suits her vaping style. She likes it a lot but hates trying to fill it. I’m told she likes the open draw and flavour, as well as the fast charging.

Overall it’s a good kit if you like vaping in the mid wattage range. It’s actually perfect for me (and now my wife). The quality is good and the fast charging works really well if you have the correct charger. The only real nit picks I have is the transparency of the pod, it could be lighter imo, and the plastic taste when you first fill the pod. Other than those it’s comfortable to use, small and powerful enough for the size of it. That's all of the Obelisk range I've tried now and I must say I do prefer the style of them to the Aegis range of kit, they're just simpler.

PXL_20220421_104404350.jpg

Not for me if it doesn't cater for MTL. Thanks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom