What's new

Freemax Twister 30w

ForestMagpie

Veteran
Today for review we have the Freemax Twister 30w kit, kindly supplied to me by @WaitFor1t88 and manufactured by @Freemaxtech
The following thoughts are all my own.

I was supplied with the Blue kit but it comes in a wide range of colours including Silver, Gold, Black, Green and Rainbow.

It all comes packaged in a rather compact box:
DSC_0379.JPG

Included in the box are:
Freemax Twister 30w tube mod
Fireluke 22 tank
1.5ohm Mesh Coil - MTL
0.5ohm Mesh Coil - DTL
MTL 510 drip tip
DTL 510 drip tip
Spare Glass
Spare O-rings
USB cable
User Manual
Warranty Card.
DSC_0380.JPG

It has 8 security protections which are Overload Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Over Heat Protection, Low Voltage Protection, Over Discharge Protection, Overcharge Protection, Over time protection and Open Circuit Protection.

The Specs

Size - 78.3mm x 22mm
Weight - 127.2g
Tank Capacity - 3.5ml (TPD 2ml)
Battery Capacity - 1400mAh
Output Wattage Range - 7.5w - 30w
Output Voltage Range - 1.9v - 7.5v
Resistance Range - 0.5ohm - 3ohm
Power efficiency - 90%
Tank Material - Steel/SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/Resin

The coils supplied with the kit are:
Single MTL Mesh Coil
Resistance - 1.5ohm
Power Range 8w - 12w, Best 10w

Single DTL Mesh Coil
Resistance - 0.5ohm
Power Range - 15w - 30w, Best 25w

There is also a 1.0ohm MTL coil available
Power Range - 10w - 15w, Best 12.5w

All the coils are FM Coiltech 4.0 with SS904L Mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton.

The Review

When I first opened the box I was impressed by how compact it was and I like the styling of it, I had some misgivings about the drip tips as they do not seem to co-ordinate with the rest of the kit. The kit itself fits nicely in the hand, it feels study but never felt heavy and is ideal to stick in your pocket if you are off out for the day. Here is a size comparison against some other popular MTL devices:
DSC_0383.JPG

On the back of the mod is the charging port and on the back of the tank is a little red indicator to locate where the tank will slide to fill (more on that later).
DSC_0388.JPG

The mod itself is the usual 5 clicks to turn it on and 5 clicks turns it off. The fire button will flash 5 times when turned on and off. The battery level indicator on the fire button has 3 levels, Green, Blue & Red indicating the differing battery levels, however, this information is not included in the User Manual so it's impossible to know what the colours relate to. If the mod wont fire then the indicator will flash Red, I tried to fire it with no tank on and with a tank with a 0.15ohm coil and it duly flashed Red at me. The fire button itself is nice and firm and has a nice click to it.
To adjust the wattage you simply twist the base, mine came out of the box set at 7.5w and each turn and click increases the wattage by 2.5w up to the maximum of 30w. What you will notice is that when the wattage is set to a round number then the number is displayed clearly, however, when the wattage is set to include a .5 then the display shows 5 vertical lines -
DSC_0390.JPG

I'm not sure why this was decided on as displaying the number would have been a better idea. It's not a major point as you can twist the base and see what the next (or previous) number is then twist it back and work out what the wattage is set at but I feel showing the actual number would have made it clearer.

To fill the tank you simply lift the top and then slide the tank, remember the little Red marker? this is where you push to slide the tank to reveal the fill port. The lift and push worked well and I got quite adept at being able to lift and push with just my thumb, it also prevented the tank from ever just popping open in my pocket so it's a nice feature and the fill port itself is big enough that I never had an issue filling.
Another feature of the tank that I really like is when you pull the coil out little shutters come down in the tank to shut off the juice flow, this prevents any loss of liquid and makes changing the coil a breeze. You simply unscrew the base, pull out the coil, push a new one in and screw the base back on, simple.

Now, onto the performance. First up, the DTL coil with the supplied DTL drip tip I'm normally an MTL vaper but I do like DTL now and again
I primed the coil and let it sit for a while before starting my vape at 10w, I gradually increased the wattage and found that the flavour increased each time i dialled the wattage up a click. I agree that the flavour is best at 25w and it produces a good amount of vapour for the wattage. The airflow is decent for a restricted DTL hit but there is a slight whistle that comes with it. There is a good hit of flavour to this coil and I like the drip tip, it feels nice and the draw is smooth. I vaped at 25w and didn't get a full day out of the charge.

Now I changed over to the MTL setup with the 1.5ohm coil and the long MTL drip tip. I wouldn't normally use such a long drip tip but it sat nicely on the lips and I was impressed with how comfortable it was. Primed and ready I set the wattage at 7.5w. Now, I like a nice tight MTL draw so i set this at 1 hole open to start. At 7.5w there is a really nice flavour coming through, I dialled it up to 10w and WOW, the flavour is absolutely outstanding! I was really really impressed with the not just the amount of flavour but the vapour production is good and the airflow is beautifully smooth with no whistle at all. I set the wattage to 12.5w and the flavour is still there in abundance but slightly warmer and I couldn't choose between 10w or the 12.5w as my favourite. I have tried the tank on other mods and for me the best setting is 11w. Vaping at 10w - 12.5w I got just shy of a full day out of this and for me the battery charged to full in about 1hr 15mins.

Conclusion

If someone asks you for a good starter kit for MTL then in simple terms, recommend this to them, without hesitation. The DTL option is a good thing to have and it's a good vape. The MTL here though is the stand out, the lovely smooth draw, the flavour is incredible and the wide range of airflow from wide open to nice and tight make this a winner for me. If you are an experienced MTL vaper then you may not want to get this kit, which is understandable but I strongly advise you to check out the Fireluke 22 tank, i will be using mine for a good while to come.

Thanks for reading.

@ForestMagpie

Super Review mate, really thorough and great pics too! :2thumbsup:

I got the rainbow one, its out the bix and all assembled but need to fill it a d start using it. Really looking forward to it

@ForestMagpie

Super Review mate, really thorough and great pics too! :2thumbsup:

I got the rainbow one, its out the bix and all assembled but need to fill it a d start using it. Really looking forward to it
Thanks @DeeDee, yeah your advice on the pics was noted and acted on so thank you for the pointer.
Get it filled and give it a whirl, interested to hear your thoughts on it.

hehehe I was waiting for your input! :)

To be honest, I went straight to your thoughts about the tank and the coils :D
After reading you, Im even a bit more tempted (Im following this tank since the very first appearence). Im not interested in the mod.

Thx for sharing another nice review

hehehe I was waiting for your input! :)

To be honest, I went straight to your thoughts about the tank and the coils :D
After reading you, Im even a bit more tempted (Im following this tank since the very first appearence). Im not interested in the mod.

Thx for sharing another nice review
The tank and coils are superb. Put it this way, as soon as they are available here I'll be getting another tank and plenty of coils straight away.

The thing is, I was biten by the MTL bug. Its starting to be interesting for me.
However I do not enjoy my wife pods and salts as I do with my tanks and mods and freebase liquid.
I mostly vape DTL with 2-3mg but I would like to have a stronger 6-10mg liquid to vape on MTL for some occasions.

Since a while Im tracking some MTL sotck coil tanks. I like having coil options.
Im interested to find an SS match for my Nunchaku 2 mod, an MTL tank.

So, I like the GTX22 but man...that refill, I dont even have one and I hate it already lol.
The PnP tank, plastic and no replaceable drip. No go.
Innokin (Zlide and Zenith Pro), I like them, but I hate the way Innokin dont make cristal clear their own Z-Coils compatibility (new and old compatible headcoils). Also, I read disparate opinions about the coil quality and performance...

So then this Fireluke22 appeared like "hey, wait. I was missing. Look" :D
I like the way Freemax developed this small tank.

Sorry about the speech, but Im sure yo can give a good advice in return ;)

The thing is, I was biten by the MTL bug. Its starting to be interesting for me.
However I do not enjoy my wife pods and salts as I do with my tanks and mods and freebase liquid.
I mostly vape DTL with 2-3mg but I would like to have a stronger 6-10mg liquid to vape on MTL for some occasions.

Since a while Im tracking some MTL sotck coil tanks. I like having coil options.
Im interested to find an SS match for my Nunchaku 2 mod, an MTL tank.

So, I like the GTX22 but man...that refill, I dont even have one and I hate it already lol.
The PnP tank, plastic and no replaceable drip. No go.
Innokin (Zlide and Zenith Pro), I like them, but I hate the way Innokin dont make cristal clear their own Z-Coils compatibility (new and old compatible headcoils). Also, I read disparate opinions about the coil quality and performance...

So then this Fireluke22 appeared like "hey, wait. I was missing. Look" :D
I like the way Freemax developed this small tank.

Sorry about the speech, but Im sure yo can give a good advice in return ;)
My advice, get the Fireluke22.

Back
Top Bottom