What's new

Freemax Maxus Max 168W Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we the new kit from @Freemaxtech the maxus max 168W Kit. This was very kindly sent to me from Tina at Freemax directly .

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Freemax or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

Freemax have used the tag line "Unleash The Mesh Pro Beast" and without spoiling the review in the first part I can certainly understand why!

They've once again come up with a sub ohm pod device to carry on from there ever so popular maxus range which has worked all the way from the maxus 50W to the 200W which came with there respected tanks but the last couple freemax have released have been with pod tanks which claim to be on par with the best sub ohm tanks available. Having been lucky enough to review previous freemax pod kits I can say they aren't wrong and hopefully this will carry on the same way.

There's 5 color choices to choose between and I reviewed the silver version.

freemax-maxus-max-box-mod-kit.jpg

Whats in the box....

• Freemax Maxus Max 168W Mod

• Freemax Maxus DTL pod (5ml) MX2 0.2ohm mesh coil pre installed

• MX1 0.15ohm mesh coil

• Warranty card

• Warning card

• User manual

• Type C USB charging cable

20220128_161945.jpg

Specs...

• Size 43 x 30.9 x 94.8mm

• Weight 168g

• Battery capacity 2 x 18650 (not included)

• Output voltage 0.7 – 8.4V

• Input voltage 6.6 – 8.4V

• Output wattage 5 – 168W

• Output power modes Power/VPC/Bypass/TC SS316/TC NI/TC TI/TCR

• Resistance range 0.1 – 3.0ohm

• Charger specification 5V/2A

Mod....

The mod is a comfortable lightweight double 18650 battery device and the first thing your notice is the large screen and large side fire button.

On the back of the device you have the maxus max logo protruding which gives it a different look to other mods and under some branding.

20220317_221527.jpg

The USB type C charger port is located nicely under the buttons and screen on the front although I always advise charging through an external charger.

20220317_221617.jpg

It's the normal 5 clicks on 5 off on the device using the fire button. The other controls using the buttons are as followed:

• Press and hold the left and right menu buttons to lock or unlock the device

• To access the menu screen press the fire button three times

• Press the fire and left menu button to alternate between four colour schemes
• Lock the screen when holding the left and right buttons

• Lock the screen and fire button when holding the left and right buttons

When in the menu system you use the left and right buttons to scroll through the menu system. Here you will find different power modes, settings and info screens.

20220129_152854.jpg

This device uses, wattage mode, Bypass, VPC and temp control.

In the settings menu you can find information regarding combination buttons, temperature to change between Celsius and Fahrenheit and to reset the device.

The info screen you will find, battery to check the levels left on both your 18650s, the version your device is using, the temp of your kit and exit the menu screen.

On the bottom of the device is a push and slide hinged battery door which feels secure and fits nicely to hold the battery in. The polarities are marked clearly and I've had no worries about this on the device.

20220317_221520.jpg

On the front of the device is the large 1.3inch colour screen which gives you all necessary information such as, wattage, battery indicators, voltage and the Ohms of the coil inserted and you simply scroll using left and right through the wattages and this is done in .5 increments.

20220129_152847.jpg

Coils....

The coils supplied were the MX1 Mesh 0.15ohm rated 50w – 80w and the MX2 Mesh 0.2ohm rated 60w – 90w. Freemax also kindly sent me a box of the MX3 Mesh Coils rated 80w – 110w. There are the MX4 & MX5 coming soon though.

The first thing your notice when unwrapping a coil is the size of them! When filling this can become abit of a pain as it leaves little room between the fill port and coil edge but a slight tip and some patience and you're good to go.

I Started with the single MX1 coil and used some digbys frozen grapple, found my sweet spot to be at around 65W there's plenty of clouds with this coil I found it to be quite airy and a little bit of a whistle on the airflow put me off. The flavour is there but I'd say around a 6/10 for me.

I then moved onto the MX2 coil and what a difference straight away at 60W the flavour is fantastic I closed the airflow around 1/4 and the dense flavourful vape I got was quite a shock compared to the first coil I eventually settled at 75W and it was brilliant. Its a very smooth vape with bags of flavour and plenty of clouds so make sure you have a window open!

Freemax kindly sent over a pack of MX3 coils also I usually set my limit at around 75W but gave these coils a very good go and even at 60W the flavour is there but as you move up the wattages this coil really comes to life and at 80/90W it's superb a warm flavour cloud chucking beast!

freemax-maxus-plus.coils_.jpg

I really enjoyed all the coils although the MX1 wasn't as flavourful or good as the others it was still a decent vape and the coil life on these is very impressive especially at such high wattages. My only niggle would be I wish there was a couple of lower wattage coils so this coil be enjoyed at 40-60W.

pod....

The Pod is made out of a strong plastic with a non changeable 810 sized drip tip. There's a metal chimney piece inside the tip which holds the coil in place and is possibly used the promote the flavour given by the coils. It holds a decent 5Ml of liquid Non TPD.

20220128_162102.jpg

On the side of the tank is a silicone bung for a filling port, I've never been a fan but this one is easy to undo and being on the side there is no problems fitting the bottle nib inside to fill up. The only issue I found as mentioned previously is the coil size can make it hard to fill so it takes a little patience.

20220128_162153.jpg

I would have prefered maybe a top slide to a filling port of a quarter turn to take the top of to fill but being a plastic pod this was the easiest option and it works fine.

The pod is held In by a strong magnet which connects to the top of the device and I've had no problems with it falling out, there is a little bit of movement and when taking it out of your pocket if you knock it sometimes you have to push it back down so it connects with the device fully.

20220317_221600.jpg

There's 2 large cyclops airflow holes under the pod on the base which you easily slide, with enough restriction to alter your preffered vape although this is predominantly a quite airy open DL vape.

20220317_221534.jpg

Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Comfortable to hold
• Great flavour
• Easy to read bright coloured screen
• No leaking from coils
• Good fire button

Niggles...

• Can't be used as mod only (sorted on new kit)
• Can be hard to fill with big coil installed
• Wish there was lower coils ranges ( sorted on new kit)

Overall thoughts...

All together I think freemax once again have made a fantastic bit of kit as always the coils are some of the best for flavour and longevity I've had and for a pod kit it performs just as well as any of there sub ohm tanks which is what they claim and are aiming for.

My only niggles would be I wish there were a lower coil option around the 40W-60W mark and possibly the option to use your own tank on the mod as its a lovely, easy to use mod. But fear not as its recently been announced freemax are releasing the maxus solo 100W which answers all my Niggles!

Also when using the larger double coils it reduces the 5ml limit on tank as they're so large and this can make it hard to fill up without it over spilling there could be a possible change to the filling port which could be on the top it make this easier.

I would definitely reccomend this kit for someone looking for a great flavoured stock coil DL vape kit!

I would like to say a massive thank you as always to Tina from freemax for giving me the chance to test this device and for you all for reading it.

Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20220317_221623.jpg
    20220317_221623.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom