What's new

Freemax Marvos S

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from freemax the Marvos S. This was very kindly sent to me from Freemax themselves.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Healthcabin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

The New Marvos S kit is the latest release from freemax in the marvos pod range, unlike the previous 2 where one was a pod mod and one a pen style device this is freemax first venture into the SBS vaping scene and also an external battery marvos.
20210818_161013.jpg

They're using the same tank and coils from the previous Marvos range which are quickly growing in popularity due to there outstanding flavour and coil life but this time freemax have added the pod onto a 510 base connecter meaning it's now portable to other devices and any tank can be used on the kit, which now gives you the best of both worlds.

The kit comes in a range of different colours and I received the gunmetal and yellow Variant.

Screenshot_20210905-102250_Samsung Internet.jpg

What's in the box...

• Freemax Marvos S 80W Mod Body

• Freemax Marvos DTL Pod 4.5ml or 2ml EU Variant

• Freemax MS Mesh Coil 0.15 ohm (pre-installed)

• Freemax MS Mesh Coil 0.25 ohm

• 510 Threaded Adaptor

• Type-C USB Cable

• User Manual

• Warranty Card

• Warning Card
20210818_161117.jpg

Specs ....

• Dimensions: 26mm x 51.7mm x 110.2mm

• Weight: 159.42 grams

• Construction: Zinc Alloy + Faux Leather + SS + PCTG

• Side by Side(SBS) Mod

• Charging: Type C USB (5V/2A)

• Output Wattage: 5W – 80W

• Input Voltage: 3.3V – 4.2V

• Output Voltage: 0.7V – 4.2V

• E-liquid Capacity: 4.5ml Pod (2ml EU Pod Variant), 4ml Glass

• Pods: Refillable and Replaceable Coils

• Coil Resistance: 0.15 / 0.25 / 0.35 / 0.5 ohm

• Coil Type: MS Mesh (SS904L)

• Removable 810 Anti-Spitback Drip Tip

• Battery Specification: External 18650 Battery

• Display: 0.96inch TFT Color Changing Screen

• Firing Mechanism: Fire Button Activated

• Output Modes: Power / Smart / Bypass

• Airflow: 2 Slot Fully Adjustable

The mod....

The mod is a SBS style kit powered by a single 18650 battery, its capable of firing from 5 to 80W. Its made from a zinc alloy and stainless steel structure, the device although small and box looking has no square edges with both sides being rounded making this very comfortable and easy to hold.

On the top of the device is where you find the 510 connector and the battery cap. With most SBS mods this does limit the size of the tank which you will fit on here and from measurements any tank over 26mm won't fit due to the battery cap.

20210818_161247.jpg

Freemax have slightly raised the 510 plate to stop any tank scratching the alloy surface on the device. This isn't something that instantly visible but a tank will sit a little proud of the plate.

20210905_175649.jpg

Unscrewing the battery cap is simple with nice threads and knurling for grip on the battery door. The positive is clearly marked in the device and the battery fits well with no movement when placed inside.

20210905_175730.jpg

Moving to the front of the device this is where you will find the 0.96 TFT colour screen, the usual + and - buttons with the fire button and USB port being on the side of device. These button are finished in a black coating and are very clicky with no rattle.

20210905_175754.jpg

Turning on the device brings up the screen which is simple to understand and nice and bright and with the option of 5 colour variants there will something to suit everyone.

20210818_194636.jpg

The information on the display includes the following:

• Power / Smart / Bypass

• Battery level indicator

• Wattage / Voltage levels

• Lock / Unlock

• Coil resistance reading

• Puff counter

• Vaping time reading

• Theme: 5 color display options

Moving around the different modes is easy using just the fire button and + and - you can quickly change your mode, wattage and colour of screen.

• Fire button pressed 5 times turns the device on or off

• Fire button pressed 3 times will switch between Power, Smart and Bypass modes

• + button will increment the wattage in 1W steps

• – button will decrease the wattage in 1W steps

• Fire button and – button will switch between the 5 color themes

• Fire button and + button will reset the Puff counter

• +and- buttons together will Lock/Unlock the device

• Fire button and +/- buttons for 3 seconds will Factory Reset

The new devices from freemax come loaded with there Smart FM 2.0 Chipset which boasts a number of safety feature on this device they are.

• Time out ( 10 seconds)
• No Atomizer
• High temp protection
• Low battery
• Atomizer short

The branding is very minimal on the Marvos s device with just the 'marvos s' etched into the faux leather. Also freemax on the bottom of the device next to the battery venting holes.

20210905_175844.jpg
20210905_175853.jpg

The tank.....

The tank is the same marvos PCTG tinted tank used with previous marvos range but the main difference being freemax have now made a 510 connection base for it, meaning you can use this tank on any device. It's 4.5ml (2ml tpd) and there's the glass tank available for separate purchase.

20210818_161225.jpg

it’s specifically designed for DTL vaping with increased airflow and a V-shaped design to help prevent spitback. The mouthpiece having a removable wide bore 810 drip tip. The drip tip incorporates 2 silicone O-Rings that do a very good job of securing the mouthpiece into the pod and I've had no problems with movement.

16308617427108440311871481172585.jpg

The pod sits into the 510 connector via the normal 4 strong magnets and also underneath is where you will find the silicone filling bung and the coils which are push fit and easy to change.

16308618474437772477471354346292.jpg

The pod accepts the MS range of push fit replaceable coils and are simply pushed into place into the circular opening from the bottom of the pod. The 3 O-Rings on the coil, 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom of the coil do a good job of sealing the coil in place to prevent e-liquid seepage.

Screenshot_20210905-102318_Samsung Internet.jpg

Inserting the pod is straight-forward, simply place the pod into the 510 adaptor and it will be locked and held into place by the magnets. Removing the pod is carried out by simply pulling the pod body up and away from the 510 connector.

Whilst using this device I've had no leaking issues just the usual condensation from a pod kit but nothing major.

The 510 connector also works as a airflow adjustment with 2 cyclops style holes either side which are easy to spin and fine tune your DL/RDL vape.

16308619296087023727304365063162.jpg

I've used this mod with different tanks and the 510 works perfectly every tank sits nicely, reads the correct wattage and fires well. This is just a huge pro as not only do you have a very good pod tank from freemax but you can use the device as a simple stealthy sbs mod which is great.

20210819_191321.jpg

The coils....

This new one from freemax comes with the 0.15 and 0.25 MS coils which are made from the same materials as the coils freemax use in there mpro series tanks

I Started with the 0.15ohm Coil and loaded with zeus juice and left it to prime for a good 10 minutes

Freemax specify the optimum range of this coil is 60W-80W. When operated in Smart mode, the pod mod will auto recognize the coil and set the wattage to 50W.

I found my preferred wattage at 67W with the airflow 1/4 closed it gave a great flavour, dense clouds and a nice vape.

Next up the 0.25ohm Coil,

Freemax specify the optimum range of this coil is 40W-60W. When operated in Smart mode, the pod mod will auto recognize the coil and set the wattage to 50W.

Same as before I left it to prime for 10 minutes i found my sweet spot at anything between 48-52W with airflow just above a half closed this gave a lovely dense flavourful vape with a nice restriction.

With the addition of adjustable wattage and airflow I've found myself preferring the 0 25ohm coil for the restriction and denser flavour and clouds.

As always what you can expect from freemax and especially from this range of coils is fantastic flavour and great coil life both coils lasting well into 10 days still producing a good flavour.

Pros and Niggles....

Pros...
• Stealthy Smart compact device
• Great flavour and longevity from coils
• 510 connector
• Smart mode
• Easy to use
• Adjustable airflow
• Bright screen
• Type C charging (always reccomend external charger)

Niggles....

• Silicone filling bung (subjective)
• Can only fit up to 26mm tank (subjective)

Overall thoughts...

As you can tell from above I really think freemax have smashed this device. The fact is can be used with the brilliant marvos pod or a tank of your choice is great addition.

The upgrade of an external battery from previous marvos devices is great. As always the flavour and longevity from the MS range of coils is great.

This device would be great for anyone looking for a compact easy to use SBS mod to use with a tank of there choice or using the pod either way the results are brilliant.

Some people may find the fact tanks over 26mm won't fit but with many sbs devices this is the case due to the battery cap. I've used this kit with the fireluke 22 and other tanks and all work brilliantly. With a mtl tank the battery life your getting is very decent and obviously considerably longer than that of a dl tank running at 60w+ all day.

Thank you very much to freemax for sending me this device for review and thank you all for reading.

https://www.freemaxvape.com/marvos-s-80w-kit/

Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great review mate, sounds like a very good device all told and freemax do make flavoursome coils.

Thanks for the review mate. Like the look of the mod. Could be tempted just for that.

Thanks for the review mate. Like the look of the mod. Could be tempted just for that.
It's still on pre order @rew . Been using one for a few weeks now and really like it. Looks and feels really good and performs really well.

It's a great mod mate! Works brilliantly with mtl tanks they call the colour yellow but its brown leather

Great review Sam, it sounds a belter. I'm looking forward to giving this one a go.

I like the framing of your final photo, it looks like you've got vapour coming out of the drip-tip. Just pretend you did it on purpose! ;)

Back
Top Bottom