What's new

Aura AIO

zouzounaki

Olympian
I recently won the Aura AIO device in a giveaway on the forum, thanks to @heaven gifts . The device is advertised on their web page as being a device “for the mature smoker”.

I prefer to describe it as an electric cigar. It’s a big, elegant and sophisticated all in one device, 20x138 mm. Shaped just like a nice cuban cigar. Much bigger than I imagined from the photos. It takes stock coils which are marked as 0.7Ω, has a 2000mah battery and charges via usb. The tank is 2ml and it states that it has an “innovative child lock juice injection block”. It’s made from stainless steel and mine is the black model. It feels pretty well made, and is quite solid and heavier than I expected. A hefty big thing. But that might be part of the appeal.

It’s fired with a button and has the usual 5 click on/off function. The manual states power output of 21-35w and it’s not adjustable and doesn’t have any display, which is in keeping with it’s minimal styling.

So, the wife’s away on business this weekend. So I thought, well what better time to crack this old boy out and see how he performs. Out the box he cane and ready to fill it up and have a puff and contemplate life, I stuck on my trusty smoking jacket, poured myself a large measure of my favourite Hibiki Japanese blended whisky, cued up the Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald and prepared to sit back on the old wingback chair, relax and enjoy some peaceful contemplation and the finer things in life.

So back to the Aura AIO... the tank part of the device has a top airflow and top filling system. You open the tank by pushing down on the mouthpiece and turning (the child lock). I had some serious problems getting it open to fill it, because every time I unscrewed the top cap (which has the mouthpiece attached), the coil was screwing out with it. Eventually I managed to take the whole thing apart and put it back together with the coil in the tank first. A few more failed attempts led me to the realisation that you really have to screw this coil in very tight. Only then will the lid come off without being the coil out with it. God almighty, A bit of a rigmarole. But we got there in the end.

By this point my whisky was needing replenished so I filled my glass, filled the tank with some vanilla cream (with a hint of citrus and honey) 12mg home brew of a decent vintage, cranked the old boy up and proceeded to sip on Hibiki number 2.

I have to say, after getting off to a bad start with this old chap, we’re now getting along like old acquaintances.

“Heaven... I’m in heaven... And my heart beats so that i can hardly speak....”

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
So, I’m not sure who I would recommend this to. It’s decent, it puffs really well and the flavour is actually very good from the wee 0.7Ω coil, it has adjustable airflow from loose low power user to pretty airy. It’s portable enough to stick in the pocket, but quite substantial and weighty, definitely not equivalent to a pod system for example.

Maybe it’s for the city gent who want something to puff with a brandy but wants to stay away from the cigars, I’m not sure. But I think I’ll hold on to it and crack it out those weekends when the wife is away on business and I fancy a cheeky Hibiki.

It works very well for what it is. Just be careful to make sure and screw the coil in very securely.

Sorry, I missed this .... I always like to show a little support when a forum member takes the time and trouble.

Good review too, your home looks very homely. :)

It’s a strange one, not what i was expecting at all. Much bigger than I had imagined it. It’s hard to see who they had in mind with it. Maybe cigar smokers who want something that resembles a cigar?

It’s a strange one, not what i was expecting at all. Much bigger than I had imagined it. It’s hard to see who they had in mind with it. Maybe cigar smokers who want something that resembles a cigar?

yeah it does look that way, defo looks cigar shaped.

There is something appealing about the size and shape, puffing it with a whisky or a brandy, in the house with Louis Armstrong playing. I might crack it out the odd time when I’m feeling extravagant and make a wee batch of that best cig black mamba cigar concentrate for it. :)

Would suit me with a 1.5ohm coil..this is the thing with most of these many A.I.O and mini pod mods they all use sub ohm coils..I know it’s maybe because of the power or battery I think...
I just don’t get on with anything sub ohm I have tried my throat gets sore quickly for some reason..
I don’t know..

Back
Top Bottom