What's new

Aspire Mulus & RBA, + Degerm

WaitFor1t88

Veteran
Aspire ,one of the originators of some of the concepts of vaping we all love, whether it’s the mtl stock coil king of old the original nautilus, that must be responsible for getting tens of thousands of people off of cigarettes, to an actual game changer, not just marketing hype, of the Atlantis sub ohm tank, truly the first of its kind. Moving to more recently, I think it’s safe to say, although some still stellar products, such as the cleito tanks, and various pod and aio systems, nothing has had quite the impact of those older products on the market and “vape scene”, I dont think we’ll ever get those types again tbh

Well, enough of that, onto the product(s) kindly sent directly by @aspire , Tina in particular,
couple extra pics there to ;)

The Mulus aio, plus the new rba (with special appearance from the “degerm” at the end)
mulus insta.jpg

The Mulus, an 18650 (replaceable) powered , 80w , all in one device, in that now familiar “billet” style aesthetic, coming in at a pocket friendly 87mm x 51mm x 23mm (give or take a couple mm as they are caliper measurements)
mulus2.jpg

Starting at the top, the 510 tip fits directly to the pod
mulus3.jpg

Removing the non resinous panel (the only panel that is removable) will reveal the internal tank, battery compartment, and the board, with adjustment buttons, all of which is neatly hidden, the only parts being visible when the panel is reinstalled, juice level & power settings
mulus5.jpg

The pods hold a respectable 4.2ml & are compatible with a range of aspire’s coil heads including but not limited to the 4 included coils heads which are the tigon 0.4 , 1.2 , og nautilus 1.8 & nautilus 2s 0.7 mesh. As you can hopefully see from the pics the coils are screwed into the “coil adaptor” so to adjust the airflow when pressed fitted into the tank itself. The tank is filled by removing the little orange bung, a decent sized hole, with no problems using a standard shortfill bottle or salt bottle
mulus stock tank.jpg

mulus stock coil.jpg

The board and adjustment buttons sit below the tank, a very simple 80w board, whilst offering all the protections of a modern day vape device, the board uses simplistic function, standard wattage mode, changeable to a variable voltage mode and a bypass , the display will show you a vague battery bar, ohm of coil, watts and applied voltage (in standard power mode) reminiscent of the older dna displays
mulus screen.jpg

So using the stock setup, firstly the aio seems to be relatively well made, of aluminium, a nice change from zinc alloy, which also makes that device lightweight ,(with an accent resin front) it’s also nice and compact, whilst not being the most ergonomic as you have to play around with the best way to hold it, so you can fire it without blocking the two slits on the panel, in front of the tank as that limits the airflow, there is also a very slight movement in that panel, which can be a little finicky making sure it is seated properly

Now I haven’t had the time to use every coil option and I wanted to use the one that I thought best suited the way I like to vape, so I went for the mesh option and have been pleasantly surprised with the performance, hovering around the recommend 25w the flavour has been very good , using some of wick liquor’s new miyako line the apricot version, a nice warm vape with the creaminess of the yogurt and the fruit both coming through nicely. With plenty of airflow, the vapour production is not on the stealthy side either, certainly packs a punch for its small size. There is one thing that needs to be considered if you want it on the more mtl end, that the adjustable airflow adaptor is only compatible with the nautilus coils not the tigon option as they do not use the adaptor and are fitted directly and are not adjustable. However if you find the nautilus coils still to airy and not mtl enough, atmizoo are releasing their “multipins” which replaces the pin on the bottom of your stock coil to limit the airflo, remember not to throw those away afterwards

The board seems to be delivering the power well and the few settings are easily accessed, switching between volts and watts or stealth mode if you wish

My only real negative and it wouldn’t be for only this device is you have to constantly remove the panel and adjust your power and or airflow ,when you first set it up , to get it to where you want it, a minor annoyance.

-----------
The Mulus rba, oh its small, getting ahead of myself a bit, the rba come complete with its own tank the same size as the original, as it will not fit in the stock one, a plus in it gives you an added tank if you wish to swap between them but also if you break it you’ll have to replace the whole thing
mulus rba tank.jpg

Now building on this thing is a little tricky especially if you’re coming from dual coil rdas, when a coil you’d normally install is bigger than the entire rba itself, so kind of old school kanger esque , your coil will go in with the legs north to south, wrapped either way is fine, was quite tough getting my 24g 2.5 id coil as there isnt really a way to slide your leg between the screw and post unless you remove the screw almost completely, but I managed it, just.
mulus rba1.jpg

mulus rba3.jpg

Wicked with a very minimal amount of kendo gold and just resting in there, not packed in tight at all, as it wicks from the bottom
mulus rba4.jpg

Again I’ve been pleasantly surprised, a standard round wire 24g coil performing lovely with great flavour, the major difference being I find the rba to have an ever so slightly more restricted airflow and a tad smoother than the stock option, I’d highly recommend this as an add on option if you have a mulus or are thinking of picking one up, I would like to see a package with the rba as well

It’s not without a couple of cons, the screws should be more robust,they seem a little soft, I would also liked to have seen the posts have a little be more to them in design, with the thought of installing a coil taken into more consideration, they could of also considered a airflow insert type of system to cater both mtl and dtl a little better, with a slightly more open afc adaptor would of been nice.

All in all, I’ve enjoyed using this, even though I had thought it wouldn’t really be up my vaping street, great flavour, small size and a good performing board that gives you the headroom at up to 80w even though you probably wouldn’t need half that in these types of devices, better to have it and not need it as they say

Special guest appearance is the “degerm”, now I cannot actually review this as such, because funnily enough I don't possess the tools or ability to go about that.
degerm1.jpg

So we have a small 400mah capsule of sorts, with usb c charging, which houses a UV sterilizing light for your driptips, a little bit of a shame that you can’t fit anything bigger in there

So you pop the bottom off and stick your tip in there, replace the bottom before you turn it on, no one should be looking at uv lights really, then turn it on and 30 seconds later your tip should be perfectly sterilised and free of any potentially harmful bacteria
degerm2.jpg

There’s nothing really more I can say about it tbh, is it a good idea? Maybe, nothing I would a good old fashioned wash would do imo, something for you to decide if you wanted to add it to your box of vape accessories

Big thanks to Tina at @aspire for sending these over, the mulus can be picked up in various places and the rba is an imminent release I believe

Attachments

• mulus rba2.jpg
    mulus rba2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 71
  • mulus4.jpg
    mulus4.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
  • mulus6.jpg
    mulus6.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
  • mulus7.jpg
    mulus7.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
  • mulus8.jpg
    mulus8.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 66
cheers mate, anything I've not added and you want to know just shout

If I bought it, for me it would need to have a more restricted under coil hole on the rba. Guess I could bodge something to restrict the draw.

If I bought it, for me it would need to have a more restricted under coil hole on the rba. Guess I could bodge something to restrict the draw.

how tight are we talking? can be closed right down, but that classic real tight mtl I don't think it'd be perfect

I am more towards the classic tight MTL.

yeah thought so, needs to small in both places then doesn't really, kind of what happens when these thing try and both especially without loads of accessories to make it happen, how do you get on with the nautilus coils with it?

yeah thought so, needs to small in both places then doesn't really, kind of what happens when these thing try and both especially without loads of accessories to make it happen, how do you get on with the nautilus coils with it?

Haven't got the device at all at the moment. Nautilus stock coils wouldn't appeal enough on their own for me to buy the device

Back
Top Bottom