Closed Review Section

This review section is now closed to new posts. Please use one of the open review sections to post your review.

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Review wismec luxotic squonk kit

Discussion in 'Mechanical Mod Reviews' started by eyeball kid, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Vapaneezer Scrooge Vendor

It's a mod I've not paid much attention to due to it's reported leaking issue, maybe worth a rethink if I see it come up in the sales :)

2. glasvapour

glasvapour Postman

I have two, like them nice and compact, silver one leaks like a sieve, liquid everywhere and now auto fires, being returned to vendor. The other, black one, is still ok, no problems so far. Would be perfect for the money apart from the obvious leaking/auto firing issues.

3. skinku

skinku Achiever

I've have three, all very good.
    I should quit while I am ahead it seems.

• Like Like x 2
  4. froggy666uk

froggy666uk Postman

Another failed luxotic here...

It leaked from day 1, which I managed to sort following a guide on YouTube, and has just started to autofire. Seem to be quite a few autofire vids popping up on YouTube now.

Perhaps best avoided, although it was good whilst it lasted

• Like Like x 1
  5. glasvapour

glasvapour Postman

@froggy666uk Sorry to hear that mate, I had one go the same way, just returned it a week ago and was refunded. If you bought it in the UK worth sending it back and ask for a refund, mine was refunded straight away so my guess is that vape shops are well aware of the problem. Pity it was a cracking little squonk mod, well apart from the leaking and auto firing that is.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simon G

Simon G Legend

mine leaked and the board stopped working altogether... it is a shame because it was a great design overall, I loved it at first. I don't know how they can mess up so badly with something that was so good in every other way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. glasvapour

glasvapour Postman

@Simon G I agree was a great design, nice and compact, fired well, I still have a black one that is working for now although the battery ribbon is damp with juice leakage so not for long I guess.
    It's ironic that Wismec's next squonk is advertised with a waterproof chip along with a mod you can shower with....you couldn't make it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Yeah it's such a shame as it's such a lovely design. Mine was as good as gold but I'm not a point of reference as I only had mine for about a month before I passed it in to a fellow ape.
    Squonking and boards really seems to be a problem. I'd like to see more waterproofing like the aegis mods. I suppose that just adds bulk.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Simon G

Simon G Legend

I'm using a pulse 80w now, it's nowhere near as nice as the luxotic ... but it's far less messy. :D

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. glasvapour

glasvapour Postman

The Pulse is a nice mod, I've went a wee bit overboard in a relatively short timescale since getting into to squonking about 4 months ago, apart from the remaining Luxotic I'm using an Asmodus Pumper and a Luna, Hotcig RSQ and two Pico Squeeze which are great value and for out and about. The Luxotic when working is as good as any of them.

• Like Like x 1