What's new

Review wismec luxotic squonk kit

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20180617_20_18_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20180617_20_18_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20180617_20_19_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20180617_20_20_12_Pro.jpg

Ok kid's. Apologies for the photo dump but as you know I'm a tech numpty.

This kit was kindly sent to me for review by the lovely Maggie from @Healthcabin.
But as ever if I don't like something I will tell you.
Right.
The kit comes in a lovely plastic clam shell case which contains the luxotic mod (this is the black mesh finish) the tobhino rda, two silicone squonking bottles, instruction manual and a baggie with absolutely everything you need to get going except the liquid and battery.
Those of you familiar with the eleaf pico squeeze will instantly be at home here. It's not a mech mod (praise be) but has a simple circuit which requires the traditional five fast clicks to switch it on and off.
And once it's off, it's off and nice and safe in your pocket.

The button is probably the best of these devices I've used. Large and solid with a definite click.
The actual squonking tube mechanism is pretty much the same as the squeeze or dripbox and much sturdier than the ijoy version. The silicone bottles have a metal screw top to make a tight seal but the ability to unscrew for easier filling. You can also hack the old pico bottles if you prefer something firmer. The supplied bottles take 7.5mls of liquid.

This device is beautifully made. I mean really nice. The back is metal with a piano black gloss lacquer and the wismec logo imprinted into the metal.
The front is a rubber compound with a soft grippy feel and nice rounded edges. Feels very comfortable in the hand and is very compact.
The bottom has a mesh cover which is held firmly with magnets and can be removed to fill the bottle. The door and bottom can be customized buy buying after market spares in various colours and finishes.
The battery compartment is marked clearly with the positive and negative logo' s and has a strong ribbon attached for easy battery removal.
This device doesn't have a charging port. So you will need an external charger. Not a bad thing at all.
The 510 plate seems solid and well fitted, so far no sign of any leaks or atomisers not making contact.

The tobhino rda
Usually the matching rda that comes with these kits is an absolute dog but this is very well designed. Its designed for a single coil and has a kind of postless deck. Two grub screws on the outside wall of the well of the deck hold the coil in place and work perfectly. Two pre made coils and wick are supplied if you want to copy the leg legnth and spacing.
The airflow is supplied each side by three airflow holes which can be fully adjusted from tight mtl to wide open.
This has been properly designed with a heat reducing top and drip tip too. The tax is finished with a smart matching beauty ring to really make this kit look smart.

Now is it any good eyeball.
First off as I said above. This would be the perfect replacement for the excellent squeeze. Compact and safe. I liked it from the moment I clapped my eyes on it. It feels so well made and has just the right weight to it. The button to hit ratio is instant. It's rated as 100w but it will realistically only deliver what your battery can give it and like all of these devices I would never build bellow 0.25 ohms and use quality batteries (speak to Ben at fogstar if your unsure).
I didn't use the supplied flat clapton coils but copied the shape of them with flat brochrome wire from stealth vape. My 2.5mm coil came in a 0.4ohms, the rda would take a larger coil with ease.
Loaded up with dinner ladies guava sunrise and hit the button.
Boom.. a mouth full of warm dense vapour that was filled with flavour.
A flavour that I really didn't like but flavour.
5 mins later I was washed rewicked and 're filled with glas butterscotch tobacco and again the power and flavour was immense. As good as any mech squonker I've ever used. I felt the electronic switch did not effect the power in anyway whatsoever.
I ended up using this set up all night. The bottle was easy to squonk and the aperture in the mod gave comfortable access to the bottle. The fire button is a joy to use with zero rattle.
The next day i loaded up with pow wow and used a jorda b mtl rda with a simple 1.1ohm 2.5mm kanthal coil and it gave me a perfect mech style vape all day without leak or issue.
The only negative I can offer is my tobhino rda has quite a small squonk channel in the bf pin which means I had to press more firmly on the bottle than I am used to, but it was no big deal once I'd adjusted.
I loved this and would use it happily every day.

This kit is currently on offer from healthcabin for around fifty dollars and they have various finishes and spares available.
Also remember there's a link to discount codes during the world cup in the bargain section.

https://www.healthcabin.net/wismec-luxotic-kit-p/17599.html

Thanks guy's.

Last edited:
Vape Club
@eyeball kid very nice review I like mine so much that it has been in daily use since I bought it
feels well made and I do also like the size of it .And for a single battery I have found it not to bad on battery life

Last edited:
AcmeFog
Great review there mate looks like a nice squonk may have to think about getting one .........

Great review @eyeball kid you pretty much nailed it...
For anyone into or looking to start squonking this is a great kit to buy, well worth considering....

Premier Ecigs
Nice review @eyeball kid - As I mentioned in my review, I think this little setup competes, and often far exceeds, a large number of "high-end" squonkers out there that cost 10 times as much or more (literally). It's fucking great and I fully agree with your review! Great bit of kit.

Vape Green
Hi is this the same piece of kit that #Simon G reviewed and if it is has anyone else had the same leaking issues that #Simon G had?

E-liquids.com
A few others on the forum have complained of leaking issues on their luxotic squonkers. I havent had that issue yet and been using mine a few months now

Back
Top Bottom