What's new

Review what up tugboat (v1 hybrid mech)

what device would you like to see me review next?

• sigelli fuchia 200w

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • castigador dual 18650 unregulated mech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • smok xcube mini 75w

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

takinghippo

Postman
**Disclaimer this product was paid for by me for me i was not paid to endorse this product what follows is my honest opinion**

ahhh the tugboat their are many different opinions on the tugboat, many like the atomizer, the v1 even got a nick name from its flaws which is ironic considering its made by flawless, anyway this is not about the atomizer this is about the tube mod, this is a single 18650 hybrid mod so if you get one please please please for the love of god make sure the 510 positive pin is nice and protruding otherwise you run the very high risk of shorting your battery and having it got into thermal runaway on you, the button is a magnetic switch and is in two pieces on that goes on the negative end of your battery and one that forms the actual button, the magnets are nice though i wouldn't of minded them being a bit stronger but that's just how i like mu button throw, the button is also flush with the base of the mod and has no locking feature so if you are putting it on a table or something make sure it has a flat surface and nothing that could fire your mod whilst its resting, the tube made up of aluminium at least on the one i have and has what appears to be a sprayed finish on it the mod itself is small and light making it great for a little stealth vape if your not into throwing the biggest of clouds but lets face it if your looking into a hybrid mech your probably looking for the hard hit needed for cloud chasing and although this hits hard for an aluminium mech this wont come close to that of a copper hybrid mech but that's just down to materials used, the threads on where the 510 connector go are buttery smooth on mine and makes changing batteries and atomizers a breeze, mine has a small issue with the switch being a bit too snug in the tube and gives the throw a bit of a grinding feeling but i solved that myself by sanding the inside of the tube lightly with a high grit sandpaper just to smooth out where the button fits in, it has copper contacts in both parts of the switch and goes together with a simplicity that i have yet to find in another mech, all in all i enjoy this mod thoroughly and may even invest in a tugboat v2 in the future, looking around i have seen the v1 go for somewhere in the market of 35 - 70 pounds, now the question of the day if i was to loose this today would i go out and buy another, probably not as the v2 has been out for a while now but for for my first foray into hybrids a definite recommendation, 3 out of 5 clouds

Back
Top Bottom