Vape Club
What's new

Review The Aspire Squonk has arrived!

It’s a single 18650 mech squonk mod, although it’s not strictly a mech as it operates on a fixed wattage of between 70-80 watts

So it's fixed wattage rather than fixed voltage? so if I put an RDA on it with a 0.8ohm coil it's going to put 80w through it? ... that's pretty daft.... kind of a niche mod for people that vape at 80w. :19:

I'm struggling to understand why Aspire would do that, if they made it fixed voltage you could at least build to get a suitable wattage for all users.... I don't get it.

Mr Teatime did say that you need to use different coil resistances to get various wattages so I think it must be fixed voltage and wattage depends on the coils used. Much like the CAPO but with a boost regulator.

Premier Ecigs
Mr Teatime did say that you need to use different coil resistances to get various wattages so I think it must be fixed voltage and wattage depends on the coils used. Much like the CAPO but with a boost regulator.

yeah, that's what I read elsewhere, that it "just outputs the voltage that is left in the battery" ... that's why I'm asking for clarification from someone who's actually used it.

AcmeFog
Nice review MrTeaTime I like the looks of it looks like it goes on the wishlist.

Looks like an overly thought and engineered POS.
Squeeze the 'squonk' bottle then invert to wick the coils......

E-liquids.com
yeah, that's what I read elsewhere, that it "just outputs the voltage that is left in the battery" ... that's why I'm asking for clarification from someone who's actually used it.
:)

Sorry, I should have made it clearer in the review...

This is a mechanical squonk, that can deliver upto 80w using the 0.10 coil....the kit uses a stock coil which means you will get (I would guess) a very consistent wattage range, that would have been tested by aspire. The wattage will obviously change if you use this without the supplied tank, and use a more traditional BF enabled dripper.

@the_atomic_fart I gets ya man, but it would only be that if you could only use the supplied tank and not your own squonk dripper. The tank actually suits my style of vaping,and tipping the tank really isn’t a problem

:)

@the_atomic_fart I gets ya man, but it would only be that if you could only use the supplied tank and not your own squonk dripper. The tank actually suits my style of vaping,and tipping the tank really isn’t a problem

I guess I was a little harsh.
I get your point too.
If I'm using a genny style, Avocado, Vgod Trick Tank Pro to name but two. Then I normally wander around with my mod upside down, keeping the wicks saturated!!
Guess it works just as well if you squonk or fill the tank part by hand! [emoji16]

Vape Green
Squonking into a genni tank kind of defeats the point for me.
Nice enough mod but too meaty for my kind of toot.

Smoore
I love the look of this and even more so after your review of it - will certainly be one for the wishlist I think!

Back
Top Bottom