What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steampunk by throathit

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
First the formality, this was bought with my own money for my own personal use and as such is an unbiased personal review.
ddb8bf0a.jpg

this little beauty is my steampunk made by the excellent modder throathit. I believe he is a member here so if you would like one drop him a pm. He is a great chap to do business with, kept me fully informed and will do what he can to make your mod customised for your needs. He took the dimensions of my batteries so it was perfectly set up for use staring away.
Looks wise I love it. The copper and carbon fibre are a great combination and the wrap is great if, like me, you suffer from sweaty hands. It is a very solid device and I'm confident that if I dropped it the only damage would be to the floor, lol! I also really like the detail around the 510 connection, looks good and gives extra protection to your chosen carto/atty. the down side is only the smallest tank will fit in it, but he does a different version for tank users, along with a sleeve to fit the tank, which looks fantastic.
Now the important bit-how does it perform? Well it is a mechanical devise so no fiddling with voltages, you just activate the button and do your best steam train impression. With a fresh battery and ce2s it generates tons of vapour. Obviously as the battery life goes down, so does the vapour production. It has a bottom button, which I wasn't sure of, but there was no need for concern. I find it easier to use my palm to activate it, as basically the whole of the base is the button. I only have small hands and find the palm method easier than using my little finger. Also I did catch abit of skin using my little finger, so I try to avoid doing it again. There is no fear of it accidentally firing when standing it up as it is not a regular button. I carry it in my pocket and have never had any problems.
I paid £45+ delivery (special delivery), and can safely say it is the best bit of kit I've bought. I don't want to use anything else, it works brilliantly and does exactly what it is meant to do. I love it and if you are looking for a solid, reliable mechanical mod that is abit different and won't break the bank, give this serious consideration, it's just great :)

What size battery does this take?

I have a soft sport for mechanical mods, theyre just east as eff to use!

This is probably one of my favourite looking ones. How does the brass stand up to juice spills?

It takes a single 18650. As for spills, I've not really had any problems. The only thing I would say though is that I haven't got a clue how I would take it apart to clean if need be :) the only thing maintaince wise I e had to do is adjust the screw which is under the spring and adjusts to fit different sized 18560s, it's really easy to look after.

Im a big fan of the steam punk genre .. this looks ace

I love it. Normally when I buy a new bit of kit by a week later I'm already looking around for more kit, but I've had this for about 2 months now and haven't felt any need to look for anything else. The only thing I might buy one day is one of his vv box mods as I hear great things about them too. Thoroughly lovely chap too :)

Don't mean to dig up old threads, just been Google-ing and a link brought me to this thread so I thought I'd say hello. :P

Purplefowler do you still own this mod?

Don't mean to dig up old threads, just been Google-ing and a link brought me to this thread so I thought I'd say hello. :P

@Purplefowler do you still own this mod?
Lol, it is an old thread but sometimes the oldies are the goodies! Yes I do still own it. I don't use it though, purely because nothing I have fits in the collar and I don't want to cut it off as it's all part of the look. Many times I've thought I should pass it on, but I'm very find of it so it will always have a home in my vape box :)

Lol, it is an old thread but sometimes the oldies are the goodies! Yes I do still own it. I don't use it though, purely because nothing I have fits in the collar and I don't want to cut it off as it's all part of the look. Many times I've thought I should pass it on, but I'm very find of it so it will always have a home in my vape box :)
So I presume you can only use cartos with this then? And does it even have 510 threading? You could always use an adapter if it has.
And you definitely shouldn't be without it, thats a piece of vaping history right there. :)

Back
Top Bottom