What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Smokeless owl /Terminator Squonker

superram47

Postman
Hi everyone.
Today I would like to say a few words about the latest bit of kit which has dripped through my letterbox courtesy of our friends in china.
The smokeless owl or otherwise known terminator is an 18650 powered mechanical squonk box.

Like I have said on previous reviews on this site I love squonking. You get all the best bits of dripping but without all the hassle that goes with it. The only thing That holds many people away from trying their hand at squonking is the relatively high price of the various squonkers out there and the difficulty of actually obtaining one.

ENTER THE TERMINATOR!!

The Terminator is a small lightweight squonker made of plastic and stainless steel. The plastic has a very nice feel to it due to its evod type coating and it feels very comfortable in the hand. It runs from a single 18650 battery and the juice is pumped up through a very squeezable 10ml + bottle. The fire button is on top of the device and is lockable by twisting it either left or right. To fire the device the button must be in the middle position. When you press the button it depresses a silver coated pin that makes contact with the top of the battery. The battery has a nice snug fit (i use flat top samsung 25r)and the bottle has a nice fit also which means there is nothing rattling about when in use. The 510 connection is adjustable with the use of a flat head screwdriver. To fill the bottle you just have to pull it out slightly and unscrew the cap and slide the bottle away from the tube. Fill the bottle just below the top and then slide the tube back in and rescrew the cap.

The Terminator comes with a bottom feeder atty included in the package but I cant comment on this as I have been using my Zenith 2.5 atty whilst at work. There are quite a few comments on the web about the included atty so I would suggest reading up on it to see if it would be suitable for your needs. If the included atty is not to your tastes then there are numerous other attys that are available for squonking( originals and clones). The Terminator also comes with a few spare o rings for the atty, a coiling rod, screwdriver and a spare juice bottle.

NOW FOR THE BEST BIT........ THE PRICE!!

Mine cost £18.11 Delivered to my door via an e-packet from Focalecig. (ordered on the 19th. Recieved 26th)

I own a Reo and a Svapiamo regulated squonker already and both these units are superb. They are well made and look good but they also cost a hell of a lot more money. So in my opinion anyone who wants to try their hand at squonking, but dont want to spend alot of money on something they might not like, cant go far wrong buying the Terminator. I bought it so I could throw it in my pocket at work and not worry whether it gets scratched or knocked about. I have only been using it for a day at work but it has been superb. I have no idea if it will last long term but for the price i dont care.
I can leave my nice squonkers at home now and enjoy them at night and take this cheap little beauty to work to be used and abused.

Sorry about the wall of text but I felt I had to share my initial thoughts on this great little mod for anyone out there contemplating a first time squonker or a cheap throw about mod for out and about. I also think that any new users out there who decide that squonking is for them will probably still buy the Reos and other very nice squonkers of this world after they have cut their teeth on this little cheap beauty.

I have attached a few pics for your viewing pleasure :) Usual bad quality :(
Thank You.

Attachments

• IMG_20150527_154754383_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154754383_HDR.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20150527_154803056_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154803056_HDR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20150527_154902037_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154902037_HDR.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20150527_155007029_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_155007029_HDR.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20150527_154653868_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154653868_HDR.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20150527_154713048_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154713048_HDR.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20150527_154833550_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150527_154833550_HDR.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 116
Excellent little summary there mate, thanks for taking the time. I totally get you about having a cheapy for at work etc, preseves the nice stuff. :)

Excellent little summary there mate, thanks for taking the time. I totally get you about having a cheapy for at work etc, preseves the nice stuff. :)

Thanks for that mate.
Now I have the Terminator that I can really abuse, I now just gotta pick up one of those dirt cheap Zenith or Challice clones from FT and keep the nice toppers at home as well :)

Thanks for that mate.
Now I have the Terminator that I can really abuse, I now just gotta pick up one of those dirt cheap Zenith or Challice clones from FT and keep the nice toppers at home as well :)

i have a derringer v2 and a chalice coming from ft for my smkeless owl. the derringer will need modded but it looks easy from what ive seen

Awesome stuff

I have the smokeless owl and the geyscano 50w regulated squonker arriving today for my first foray into squonking (long term RDA user so squonking is ideal for me), actually cannot wait to get my squonk on!

I wanted to try a squonk box but the prices are a big deterrent since i don't know if i will like it, with this thing though it seems like a pretty good deal.

Still using the terminator?
Not any more mate as squonking has moved on so much from when I originally posted this review. I don't think they even make the terminator any more. At the time it was a very cheap introduction to squonking compared to the reo mods which were the must have squonking mod at the time. I would say something like the eleaf pico squeeze would me the modern day equivalent of the terminator, but obviously much better.

Back
Top Bottom