Closed Review Section

This review section is now closed to new posts. Please use one of the open review sections to post your review.

POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Review Rai Vapes Launcher V2 clone from FastTech

Discussion in 'Mechanical Mod Reviews' started by Mawsley, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Mawsley

Mawsley Putting the soup into super hero

Yet another review using my words and the thing that I paid for in full and, unusually, got exactly what I paid for. Thank you for reading yet another one because I've had over one thousand people visit the blog this weekend. Someone must be bored. Not the Lords of POTV though, they aren't bored because they have to watch out for reviews as they don't co-write them or hold any responsibility for them. In fact this is probably more of a nuisance to be honest. Christopher Hitchens died on this day in 2009, still a great loss to the world.

Full review here

rv10.jpg

rv2.jpg

rv1.jpg

Full review here

• Like Like x 3
    • Thank Thank x 1
  2. Raguri

Raguri Nutter!

Mawsley
    Any chance of a voltage drop test? ;) Under load at 0.5 would be nice...

3. robteifi

robteifi Postman

Another great review - but I must remember not to eat or drink when reading a Mawsley review!

Since I've always wanted a robot penis I've just ordered one

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. Mawsley

No inline voltmeter, sorry, or anything running 0.5ohm as I rarely go under 1 ohm these days. There again, and I'm prepared to be corrected on this, I reckon the true voltage drop figure would be under load with no atomizer thereby providing maximum resistance (e.g. air). Introducing attys and coils just adds another level of resistance because you would be compounding the mod VD with the atty VD across the coil - which I don't feel is reflective of the mod itself.

Also, due to the variety of coil/atty set-ups the only consistent comparison figure is to measure across the terminals under load without any atty. To my mind it is the only meaningful figure anyone can cite.

I've said it's something that I want to factor in to past and future mod reviews and all I needed to do was buy a new battery for my multimeter but I've been a lazy arse.

I'll tell you this though: copper pins and good threads make it a total winner at the price FT are punting them out. I swapped the Fatty from the Maraxus to the Nem to the Launcher this afternoon and the difference was noticeable each time. Also, it's worth checking out the reviews on FT itself as they speak volumes, I was glancing at them today and have come to the conclusion that I am going to buy a second one of these...and this at a time when I'm moving away from just buying cheap stuff from China.

I've ordered the Panzer today - the mod Rip Tripper says is the hardest hitting mod he's ever used. I'll be doing a back to back with the Launcher after it arrives because I seriously reckon on bang for buck the Launcher can't be beaten. Even if the Panzer has a lower drop the Launcher clone still wins on price.

Rambling post doesn't answer your question, sorry :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. u8myufo

u8myufo Achiever

In God we trust. Just ordered one :D

6. Mawsley

7. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Achiever

You wont get anyone vaping on that, no atty

• Like Like x 1
  8. Raguri

Raguri Nutter!

Mawsley
    I do it the cheat way, no inline, just positive connection to the positive of the dripper, then negative connection on the mod body :P

Works the same ;)

But, I am really tempted to get one. Any idea how big the top cap is on the slant? It's the one thing putting me off this... :(

9. Chegs

Chegs Veteran

I have decided that my gift certificate,when it eventually gets handed out will be going on one of these as my latest battery box is struggling to power a 0.6 ohm dual coil.Parallel 18650's are supplying the current but the wires to the on/off switch keep unsoldering themselves.The GF has decided I can have a couple of Sony VTC4's soon,and those bad boys will melt any iffy resistive connections instantly(if these 2 x 18650 ex-laptop batteries can do it)Thank You Mawsley

10. wuz_uk

wuz_uk Achiever

After reading the review its a no brainer ............ x1