What's new

Review Quickie for the Sigelei Telescope #20 V3

cheersm8

Achiever
Hi folks,
A quick review for the Sigelei Telescope #20, purchased with my own money.

I've been using a Sigelei Telescope #20 (version 3) for a couple of weeks now, and I'm simply loving it!
Having previously used a couple of other Sigelei #'s,I wasn't that impressed and did not intend to try another. For reasons unknown,and just a gut feeling, I found myself googling #20 over and over and in the end, I ran out of reasons not to buy, so I did. (I particularly wanted a side button mech).
It did not disappoint me as far as me previous Sigelei experiences went,the tube threads were shite and crunchy. A good clean up, wipe down, and shredded fingers fixed that.
Moving past that threading issue, everything else is spot on! The fire button works like a charm, and, as it says on the box, the locking ring is a smooth and easy,thumb twist.
All of my various tanks.atties fit and fire even though the pin is not adjustable. This is due, I reckon, to the rather shallow 510 connection. Yes, it's won't do the OCDers any favours seeing as everything sits proud.
Get past the daylight under the attie, and this thing hits like a train, which was the last thing that I expected, so I'm impressed. Easily equal to my nemmys (in performance, definitely not looks! ), and beats my JM22 hands down.
All three battery modes work as equals,but for me, 18500 mode is the most comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.
Conclusion, cheap as chips (at around 20 squid) side button mech that packs a punch.
Time will tell on it's long term performance as I can see no way to dismantle the button to give the contact points a service.

Update - Another Week On

Well, another week of using the siggy #20, almost exclusively.
Noticed considerable power loss, and the base spring was getting more and more compressed.
Hot bottom - This has occurred twice, and by hot, I mean hot enough to give you a blister!
Removed the spring from the base, torched it, and carefully reformed the spring. re installed the spring and it vaped 'like new' again. After a couple of days, power is decreasing again, so I'm thinking the 'collapsing spring' is going to be an ongoing thing. The 'red hot bottom' must be caused by a short? but I could not fathom out where.
The firing button, which I at first thought was giving me the power loss, is functioning fine and dandy.

Back
Top Bottom