What's new

Review Novus Review

Ment

Legend
I wanted an authentic mechanical mod as my experiences with clones hadn't been good. I found Vapemate's summer sale discount code was still working so ordered the Novus for £44.50.

I like big, so this 26650 monster looked right up my street.

View attachment 34486
First impressions weren't good. I've used the pic above because it shows the box it came in - very cheap and tacky, and inside, the mod sat in a small plastic bag, no foam, no padding, nothing else. We complain about how much we must pay for needless expensive packaging so I hoped this product was one that eliminated that.

This is my first authentic anything, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I am not disappointed. Very solid, very heavy and very well machined. At under 4 inches, it is fat but not really that big.

Everything sits absolutely flush, the top and bottom caps are a pleasure to screw and unscrew, and the button is a joy to use - a very smooth action with no hint of sticking or catching.

My only gripe is that the 510 connector isn't adjustable. Also, I was a bit taken aback by the state of the brass sections, but these weren't damaged and I understand brass needs regular polishing so I guess this was to be expected.

I've only used it with a Kayfun at 1.2 ohms so far as my batteries are not IMR. I wouldn't say it hits like a train, but I have a 30amp MNKE on the way so that will be more revealing.

I'm more than happy with it and would definitely recommend it at this price. It's a perfect first step into the world of originals for a novice.

@TomTactix was interested.

Back
Top Bottom