What's new

Review Maraxus by Tactical Workz

Totally appreciate how that switch bugs you. That whole feeling that just the one detail lets the whole story down. Surely there's a fix for it though. Why does it get hot ? It must be sticking or the spring is shifting or something, whatever it is, is making contact somewhere, what else explains it ? Perhaps it could be all the mod it set out to be & it could be the simplest fix.

My Dreadnaut had the same problem so I took the switch apart & gave the bits a "wipe" with Emery Paper,all was fine thereafter for a week or so & the same problem returned.Same fix,it seems that the surfaces within the switch slowly oxidize and this causes just enough resistance to get the spring heating up which transfers to the external push-button.

Dave, have you got in touch with Tactical Workz? I say this as they're really good at getting onto shit like that and sorting problems out for you.

Thanks for the reply guys, I ended up trading this for my dream mod (a luxe hybrid dripper) but explained the issues I'd been having to the guy I traded with, I said if I was keeping it I'd be sanding down the contacts which he did and I've been reliably informed that's solved all the trouble and he loves it. Could well be down to oxidisation, I have a sigelei #8 that has a tendency to get a hot switch and a quick clean has always solved that.

Back
Top Bottom