What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Helmsman 26650

u8myufo

Achiever
Ok guy`s just a short review on this Mod and the opinions expressed here are of my own and not POTV or of the vendor.

Well I read up that these were being produced by Hcigar a couple of weeks back now, as I already had a 26650 Hades clone I thought it would be nice to buy something original. And hats off to Hcigar for trying to do something like this. After getting in touch with Nat @Vape Geek the other week just making an enquiry, I was pretty well surprised and happy to get a PM saying she had one for me. So a big thanks goes out on that score from me. Ok, on opening the packet I was presented with a rigid foam tube which housed the Mod, this would certainly have to take a hefty bashing to cause damage to it.

Taking the Mod out I gave it the quick once over, the lightly brushed finish to the main tube was nice and the Anchor and other markings were well etched into the mod. Having unscrewed the top and bottom cap I first set about putting an atty on it, a solid copper pin at the top which can be adjusted to suite. I must admit I did not expect to see a magnetic switch, just goes to show all I need is a picture of something to get me drooling and I will worry about any other parts once I get it. Like anything you have to take it apart just because, well us boys do anyhow. With a bit of gentle downward pressure with the thumb and a twist, it was easy to undo the top magnet #2 which screws into the Delrin section of #5. A repeat process and you then have the bottom magnet #1 out, this then allows you to take out part #5. The build is similar to that of the Nem with the little pin to hold it all in place.

Once put back together again I shoved a battery inside,the bottom section has plenty of adjustment to allow for any differences in battery sizes.There is definitely one between the MNKE and Sony, which is a a bit of a pain in the Hades clone. Having this design on the firing button of the Helmsman was good as it saves you fucking about undoing top and bottom contacts to get things right, you just screw it up until it hits the bottom of the battery.Operation of the firing button on the Helmsman is quite good, you do get the odd feel of scraping from within but I know from past mods this usually disappears after a bit of use and it will smooth itself out. The locking ring turns ok but I feel like the ring itself is too loose around the threading, but it does the job it is supposed to do I suppose. It will take about 9/10 half turns to allow you to operate the firing of the Mod, maybe a coarse thread which would need less turns to operate it would be the answer, who knows.On screwing it back down to lock it you have to make sure you do not go too tight with it.It will catch on the bottom section and when you go to undo it again you will find you have to undo the bottom part of the switch half a turn to release it.Metal against metal, never good.

Both top and bottom copper contacts were quite tarnished, no big deal, a bit of autosolve and they were both gleaming like new. I tried three or four attys on this and they all worked straight away, and it hits pretty good if I say so myself. There is a slot on the top cap which is for air draw for any attys that use this,there are two smaller holes inside which this slot lines up with. Now there is a very small mark on the top section which you should line this slot up with, however it is bloody tiny. The top ring does come off easy enough as it is only held in place by an "O" ring, so if you were to need this facility it is just as easy to take it off and line it all up. Well I think that is about it really, it will be a keeper for me most definately.

Vendor VapeGeek. Expected in stock 2-3 weeks

Price. £35

IMG_3724_zps223e0d42.jpg

IMG_3722_zpsd5d8247e.jpg

IMG_3728_zps651af0e0.jpg

Last edited:
If I decide I need another mod, this looks like a contender as I am starting to like the 26650 type mods over the 18650 as the latter seem to get ' greasy' in use quite quickly, whereas my Hades doesn't.

Good review mate.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

i am liking that a lot good review @U8MYUFO :thumbup:

It is nice M8, if I had spent a bit more time on the pics I could have probably done it more justice.Ye`h a little niggle about the locking ring but like everything nowadays they all have their quirks.

It is nice M8, if I had spent a bit more time on the pics I could have probably done it more justice.Ye`h a little niggle about the locking ring but like everything nowadays they all have their quirks.

oversized nemesis type then is that fair ? re switch etc, and that's no bad thing...
nice looking mod though

Let's just hope it doesn't get roid rage, wouldn't wanna be near if that happened

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Great looking mod,
The only thing I don't like is the Nemesis style firing button. I've never been a fan of that style button that uses a pin.

Part stingray, part nemesis ;)
Any idea if there will be a brass/copper one?! That could be fuuuuuuuun

Part stingray, part nemesis ;)
Any idea if there will be a brass/copper one?! That could be fuuuuuuuun

Have not hear anything M8, I am sure if there was then it wont be long about....................................From Ft :D

Back
Top Bottom