What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review HCIGAR Tree of Life Mod - 1st Impressions

K

KulrMeStoopid

@Vape Geek had word from a little birdie that back in November, I fell in love with this mod. Unfortunately, the cost of the original is just ridiculously high and poor folk like me can't grace or compete with the likes of some members in the vAPE Pit. To put it simple, I'ma BROKE ASS BITCH.

Luckily for me, Vape Geek is fecking awesome and she offered to send me this from HCIGAR to review.
060_zps8665050b.jpg

Here are the basics:
  • The mod is threaded for 510 connections
  • Contact pins are copper
  • Positive contact is adjustable (by screw not spring loaded)
  • The firing button is spring loaded (may look at replacing this with magnets)
  • Logo is laser Etched on all 3 tubes, firing button, and internal with serial number
  • The mod is stainless steel
  • Brushed finish w/ polished caps
  • 22mm diameter
  • comes with 18350, 18500, & 18650 tubes

The mod arrives with the 18350 complete, with the 18650 and 18500 tubes side x side. It's a square (post box friendly even with bubble wrap!) HCIGAR box and foam padding. The tubes are held in securely to avoid damage while in transit.
031_zps6a54dbae.jpg
I immediately took the entire Mod apart to check the threading, top cap, and firing button.
The threading on all 3 tubes (6 ends in total) were very clean, machining leftovers were pretty much non existent. Running your fingers inside the tubes, the threading is set inside the tube, so it's not rough at all.
045_zps38613293.jpg
040_zps4c10559d.jpg
As you can see, the pins are copper and adjustable. The top cap pin is made up of 3 parts. Delrin insulator, connection adjuster (for your atties ect) and a battery adjuster. By moving the two copper bits you can find the perfect spot to keep your batteries snug.

I will dismantle the firing pin/button in a later update. Threading on all of these are smooth.

Without nolax and just a simple rub down with a cotton ball on the threads picked up what ever was left over from machining, which wasn't much at all. All part screw together, flawlessly.
043_zpsf3bb5fe9.jpg
Even the reverse locking ring spins smoothly for locking/unlocking of the firing button. There are two vent holes beneath the locking ring and are invisible unless you are looking for them.

049_zpsbf4a07bb.jpg

As most of you know, I go by Em on facebook and social sites so the bottom button is like...made just for ME! (the spots aren't damage, just left over cotton fuzz!)

051_zps6392aff4.jpg
The top cap has 4 recesses for air flow, juice leakage.

Coupled with the Aqua (from @stealthvape) the Tree looks like a beast. I am currently using it with an Igo Dripper coiled a .8ohms with cotton.
059_zps97f775df.jpg

As I do not have the original to compare this to, I can only base my opinion on what I have in front of me. it is my opinion that HCIGAR have done it again and made a damn good copy of a beautiful mod.

I'll use this for a couple days before giving my final thoughts on it, but so far in the last few hours, it hasn't let me down. I think Nermy has been replaced by my Tree of Em!

Attachments

• 053_zps445e1add.jpg
    053_zps445e1add.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 92
Day Two with the Tree of Life by HCIGAR

I have to admit...with the copper pins, the hit on this is so hard that it makes my vape a little rough in my .8 ohm dripper. If I put the Igo on the Nerm with the same EFEST battery, there is a noticeable difference between the two.

As of yet the only fault I can find is that there isn't a delrin insulator in the bottom cap to prevent a short between a battery and the base IF the battery casing was missing and came in contact somehow...BUT most of us who would use this kind of MOD are smart enough to know NOT to use a high drain battery with a damaged casing in a mod like this ANYWAYS, so its not really a fault at all. Just a missing precaution that I would have liked to see added for the people who don't listen to good advice or are missing common sense. (yes there are some!)

The only other niggle I can think of is a rattly battery. This alone, could be just DOWN TO ME not having the pins adjusted properly. After all it did take me a good part of 2 hours to suss out my Nerms to get them working the first time too without a rattle.

As promised here is the broken down bottom cap, which I will upgrade with magnets later today if I can be bothered to find my spare set!

This is the underside of the cap with the locking ring still attached
003.jpg
And with the button, spring, cap, and pin
002.jpg

And a quick size comparison with what I had at arms reach

SVD in 18650, Tree of Em, ZMAX (18650) in back, black Nermy w brass dress and the other tubes.
004.jpg

This is where I tested the mod as a blunt force trauma weapon as you can see from the picture below the results were more than satisfactory :grin2:

attachment.php

:kewl pics:

Grear review there Em
Think the adjustable threads on the top cap need adjusting for the batteries.

Grear review there Em
Think the adjustable threads on the top cap need adjusting for the batteries.

Yeah I havent gotten around to it yet :) The AW IMR is smaller than the EFEST so when I swap them over Ill wriggle them around.

BTW, Same 18500 since yesterday afternoon!

Battery Rattle SOLVED!

The AW IMR batteries are just a few MM smaller than the EFEST, popped in an EFEST and had to adjust the pins completely and now theres no rattle and the batteries are snug.

As some of you can see by my listings in the classies, I am dead serious about this mod replacing the Nerms, Im downsizing from 4 and 3 dresses to 2 and three dresses!

Back
Top Bottom