What's new

Review GP Paps Clone from M-Vapors

the jester

Achiever
Ordered and paid for this out of my own pocket, well when i say own pocket, the kids piggy banks dont rattle quite so much now but was paid for all the same :)

First up on recieving the package, it was sent recorded delivery for free from Matt so £35 base price with free delivery is a bit of a good deal especially as it also comes with an 18650 tube.

Now Matt has a polishing service so one thing he has done is to polish all switches and top caps to a mirror finish for all buyers which is something else that sets this deal apart from other vendors :)

The one difference to normal is that i also asked Matt if he could polish the 18350 tube up for me, which he did for a nominal charge, making this a lovely fully polished mod :)

Out of the box it is really good and as the important bits have been polished the odd sharp edge sometimes associated with clones have been removed, yes my 18350 tube no longer has logo or seriel due to the polishing but i quite like it that way :)

The one thing i have done is swap the spring in the switch for a pucker paps spring and now this mod performs just like the original in every way, with correct adjustment using an efest 18350 nipple top battery inverted in the mod the switch travel is minimal and does NOT fire when stood up unlocked which is great as the switch is the only difference to the pucker one as it is minus the 4 small feet that the afore mentioned original has.

This mod performs just as well as the original for less than half the cost, yes this is vendor price too :)

EDIT.....the lightness and precision of the spring is what makes the paps the mod that it is....standard tube,standard -ish top cap....but the original switch is sublime.....if enough people want this clone mod id be happy to sort a group buy for pucker springs should it be needed :)

I hope this short review may help you make your minds up if its one to get or not , apologies for the pictures not being great but every little helps :)

Last edited:
Great review Andy! He does amazing polishing work, makes us amateurs look like... well , amateurs!

we all give a new mod a run out...some get an hour before thinking theyre crap....some get a day and some you cant put down...this is def one i cant put down....especially with the spring lightened :)

actually im adding this edit............the lightness and precision of the spring is what makes the paps the mod that it is....standard tube,standard -ish top cap....but the original switch is sublime.....if enough people want this clone mod id be happy to sort a group buy for pucker springs should it be needed :)

Last edited:
I was thinking about buying one but there sold out .. bugger !

I am also in for a spring had to change the spring for one from another mod. It was that or get a workout regime for my aching pinky :)
Shame there are no magnets to fit!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom