Innokin
What's new

Review Geek Vape Athena Squonk Mech - Pulse Beater?

Royal Flush Vape
Nice work bud. A far more comprehensive review that came to the same conclusions as mine.
In short. If you want to try mech squonking first learn ohms law. Second buy one of these as pound for pound it's the best I've used.
Also as I bang on about, The rda is also probably one of the best dtl squonk rda' s to be released last year.
If I was a mechanism user, and this almost converted me, I'd pick this one.
Fantastic work buddy.
Cheers eyeball kid
Yeah you rightly bang on about the RDA, it's simply superb, very easy to build especially single coil which makes wicking it so much better, I have tried it on my Lost Vape Therion BF DNA75c in TC mode & Replay - it's even better, it's high up there with my favourite RDA's and you can oversquonk without leaks due to it's top airflow.

Very similar to the Reload X but easier to build.

AcmeFog
@Vapaneezer Scrooge, good review mate, was almost tempted to buy one but new to squonk/rda's so will wait until my first mech, have bought six regulated squonk set ups in a relatively short time though. Keep up the reviews lots of great info and insight from a practical perspective.

Vape Club
@Vapaneezer Scrooge First one was the Feedlink kit, which I don't use/like so much, two Luxotics, although one has went back due to auto firing/leaking, Asmodus Pumper 18, Asmodus Luna and two Pico Squeeze. I really liked the Luxotic, still use the remaining one, the Asmodus squonkers are good, well made and easy on the eye, hard to beat the Pico's for value. Apart from the Feedlink I like them all, probably the RDA's make more of a difference to how they perform, running, 2 x Dead Rabbit SQ's, Pulse 22, Recurve, Drop Solo, Wasp Nano and SKX clone, like them all, the Wasp and SKX clone less so because I like a bit more air.
Have to stop myself buying more, like the look of the Hotcig RSQ and tempted by your review of the Pico Squeeze 2, although I prefer more compact, below 50mm, width, the Geekvape you reviewed also looked neat.
If I had to pick a favourite it would be the Pumper looks and operation, although I use the two Pico's with the Recurve, 22mm reducer cap and Pulse 22mm the most, certainly when I'm out and about.

Last edited:
Vape Green
That's quite a selection :)

I was eyeing up the Pumper 22 before I bought the Pico Squeeze 2, you would be surprised how small the Squeeze 2 is in your hand, those extra few mm here & there are a small price to pay for the looks & feel of the Squeeze 2 and the Recurve works well on it, but it's a weighty mod and nothing like the lighter & compact squeeze 1 but you can't change the settings

I'm surprised you are not finding the Wasp airy, try a more spaced coil and less wick length, it was my favourite atty on the original squeeze.

I've noticed most are semi regulated, have you considered fully regulated variable wattage and TC mods? gives you a lot more flexibility with coils and finding the flavour sweet spot.

The Pulse 80 is lightweight and very cheap at the mo and will work well with the RDA's you already have, £27 with the code POTV
https://www.theaceofvapez.com/colle...cts/vandy-vape-pulse-80w-regulated-squonk-mod

I was eyeing up the Pumper 22 before I bought the Pico Squeeze 2, you would be surprised how small the Squeeze 2 is in your hand, those extra few mm here & there are a small price to pay for the looks & feel of the Squeeze 2 and the Recurve works well on it, but it's a weighty mod and nothing like the lighter & compact squeeze 1 but you can't change the settings

I'm surprised you are not finding the Wasp airy, try a more spaced coil and less wick length, it was my favourite atty on the original squeeze.

I've noticed most are semi regulated, have you considered fully regulated variable wattage and TC mods? gives you a lot more flexibility with coils and finding the flavour sweet spot.

The Pulse 80 is lightweight and very cheap at the mo and will work well with the RDA's you already have, £27 with the code POTV
https://www.theaceofvapez.com/colle...cts/vandy-vape-pulse-80w-regulated-squonk-mod
Potv gets you 4.50 off the pulse 80. Just checked

Premier Ecigs

@Vapaneezer Scrooge, thanks will look at your coil/wicking suggestions for the Wasp, I tried out a few of my Greek friends Pulse 80's when I was over in Rhodes recently and although I liked them just found them too boxy/bulky, at 54mm wide thats kind of what puts me off the Squeeze 2, I need to find a Vape shop in Glasgow with one in stock so I can see how it is.
I agree about trying a regulated squonk, thats why I was considering the Hotcig RSQ, it's a wee bit more compact and gets good reviews on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom