What's new

Fasttech EA clone not really a review...... video

hey Dan, thanks for the headsup...as this wasnt really a review I feel like opening a small discussion if I may. Not going at you, but taking this as a good opening opportunity.

In the past I have bought high-end named brand guitars, from legit guitar shops. I can pay the shop to "set it up" for me, or take it home and fiddle with it myself. Ask any guitarist about this, and they all do the same..fiddle constantly. Adjust here, adjust there, until it becomes "their own"

We buy drippers and such, and without question normally rip out the coils and do our own, again, fiddling. This just seems to be a normal thing, nobody bats an eyelid

So why with mech mods are people generally such arseholes?
"I had to sand the pin...this is shit, fasttech should not sell this, FLAW FLAW FLAW" etc

Let me tell you a fasttech story.
I bought an X10 tank. I bought it after watching tons of reviews on it. All of them said the same. The device is rubbish, under no circumstance spend your money on this, how dare they release a product so fatally flawed on us blah blah...damn thing was $6.
I watched all these reviews while vaping on an oddyseus, created by the greek god of vaping himself, blessed by the mountains of olympus.

And the flaw in the x10? no air channels on the bottom. And the oddy? ALSO no air channels on the bottom.

I bought my X10, got it, and with eyes open took a small file and spent 5 mins and made some air channels.
Whats the big deal?
Why are vapers (the vocal ones) generally such a bunch of inconsistent c****?

Fasttech, and china generally, sell products in a 99% finished state. That last little bit of human-logic, thought, care and setting up is not done at all.
And that is exactly how guitars are sold.

I pity our community. We really do seem to be spoilt little kids at times.
/rant

Going back to your ree-voo, that threading was suspect. And some stuff should be pointed out and avoided.

Thanks for that danfoshizzle :) I have no intention of buying that specific mod but for those who are there you go and what you said is pretty much spot on. Fasttech do some excellent stuff at excellent prices be aware you might need to put some work in to get the finish you want etc etc. Vern although I agree partly with what you say damn you shouldn't need to start fileing away to get what should of been there in the first place.

With the pin on the ea clone as its a critical part of the mod they should be made stronger with better threads.

although I agree partly with what you say damn you shouldn't need to start fileing away to get what should of been there in the first place.
see...spot on what I am talking about.

ok, try this one .....batteries come in many sizes, even though they are all "18650" we know some batteries dont fit in some mods. because they are "too big" blah blah. Some mods, being telescopic , work ok with various sizes. Some mods, dont.

And some mods have airchannels and some dont.
So you buy a thing, which doesnt have air channels, fit it to a mod, which doesnt have air channels, and then go ruin someones day by moaning.

I give up.
Guys, Last post.
toodeloo

+1 on the brass M16, it's incredible moddage for the money. Looks a treat with a bit of two-tone polishing into the bargain.

With the pin on the ea clone as its a critical part of the mod they should be made stronger with better threads.

I believe they are made that way on the more expensive original version ;)

Vern no peeps day is getting ruined because some one moans only yours. Why do you get so defensive about fasttech or chinabuye? Seriously I like fasttech I don't like chinabuye for the reasons you know but I will say they do sell good and they do sell shit and more shit then good.

Chill out don't read people moaning if its going to ruin your day.

Edit now its down to the individual to research what they buy with there money they are also entitled to rant about that purchase if they don't think it matches what it should be.

Last edited:
Not wishing to fuel to the fire, but just been looking at a load of FT stuff. A I have a wish list to fill.

While some of the items I think i'll pass on, and look elsewhere.
There is some items, that, yes i'll take a chance here.
One of the items is actually £25 cheaper than, the cheapest I can find in the uk, with no postage costs.

And to add a little fuel. I've had genuine stuff from UK sellers, that where not quite right.
Big difference being. I can send them back easily.

And yes I do research everything, before I part with me hard earned.

ps. now i'm not happy. Just found me SVD £23 cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom